HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
I would like to know your opinions on this, what I mean is hurting a person who has hurt you in the same way or worse.
I am conflicted about this cause in the end I would have no advantage, if I die the world ends with me but it would still not feel correct to leave without giving others what they deserve.
I won't take proper revenge anyway cause it seems hard to do revenge and plan ctb at the same time and if I would do the things my abusers deserve I would obviously go to prison without an instant ctb method so that is no option either.
But I would like to know if you even find this morally ok.

Reactions: Crono and Lost-In-Time
Lost-In-Time

Lost-In-Time

Jamais Vu whilst looking at the face in the mirror
Jul 7, 2023
Yes, it's totally fine best way to do so give them some infectious disease or something that'll scar them bodily for life, I mean some really repulsive shit like mad cow disease or something reagrding those lines. I mean doesn't matter what happens afterwards anyway so whatever.

• Yay!
Reactions: saddestbunny and Ferret77
HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
Yes, it's totally fine best way to do so give them some infectious disease or something that'll scar them bodily for life, I mean some really repulsive shit like mad cow disease or something reagrding those lines. I mean doesn't matter what happens afterwards anyway so whatever.
How could someone infect someone else with diseases?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that if people have caused lots of suffering they deserve to be aware of all the harm they caused but if revenge means something illegal then I wouldn't see that as being the best idea as it would just make existing much worse.

Reactions: Aim, KAZ-2Y5 and betternever2havbeen
im here i guess

im here i guess

Jan 21, 2023
I believe that revenge is immoral, inherently. I really understand the feeling though. Some logical side of my brain thinks that unnecessarily hurting people out of anger is bad. if you're trying to change someone and make them better, then punishment isn't even a good method, therapy and stuff would be. Despite knowing this logically, I still want to hurt my abuser. I think that it's an understandable emotion than anyone in my situation would have, but I also think acting on it would be immoral.

Reactions: haibane, KAZ-2Y5 and Jolene79
HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
but if revenge means something illegal then I wouldn't see that as being the best idea as it would just make existing much worse
not if someone ctb's before it but that would be harder to achieve.
I believe that revenge is immoral, inherently. I really understand the feeling though. Some logical side of my brain thinks that unnecessarily hurting people out of anger is bad. if you're trying to change someone and make them better, then punishment isn't even a good method, therapy and stuff would be. Despite knowing this logically, I still want to hurt my abuser. I think that it's an understandable emotion than anyone in my situation would have, but I also think acting on it would be immoral.
It would be utterly satisfying to see people who hurted me without a reason crying and begging me to stop hurting them, I want them to feel the same as me, no way to escape the situation just as what they did to me.

Reactions: Rouge4000 and saddestbunny
todiefor

todiefor

Scrap that, nothing matters at all after all
Jun 24, 2023
Interesting question!

I think revenge as a concept on its own is morally ok, unless if the act itself is not morally ok, like if the act is illegal or morally shitty on its own merit or if it involves innocent parties or is unnecessarily extreme, like if you bullied their kid, harmed their pet, blackmail, intentionally infecting them with a disease, steal their stuff etc etc. you get the idea.

Maybe I'm not the best person to answer this question in hindsight lol.

I don't think I've personally ever exacted revenge on anyone, I think I'm not made of the right stuff that's required to execute something vengeful, but I definitely get the urge and reason why someone might want to. Some people are just not worth the ground they stand on, they take from others and show no empathy for others. I totally get why you would want to. I do think bad actors should be put in their place and taught a lesson and get what they deserve

Last edited:
Reactions: saddestbunny
ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Thanks for all the cats.
Jul 8, 2023
This is an annoying answer but it's the truth: there is no objective morality. The answer to this question is for you and you alone to decide. Morality is not something that exists outside of the individual psyche.

From my perspective, yes, it is immoral. If you believe that what the guilty parties did to you was immoral, then you should believe that enacting the same type of cruelty back on them is also immoral, whether they "deserve" it or not. That doesn't mean I wouldn't do it to be clear if I had been treated the way you have. You are creating further suffering in the world which serves no purpose outside of a selfish need to exact power.

Most of western society operates on "Golden Rule" morality, and, as Nietzsche described it in "The Genealogy of Morality" as "Peasant Morality" (both of which could be attributed to New Testament Bible morality). And we just assume that this mode of moral conduct is the most natural and "right." But this has not always been the moral code to which humans have used on a mass scale. To be a moral person in ancient Rome, for example, you would not "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." You would concur, you would commit violence, you would take pride in your abilities and hone them - these are moral, "Godly," and honorable acts - it may even be considered immoral to not take sufficient revenge if someone has wronged you.

And even though I just told you there is no such thing as right and wrong, please be careful not to harm an "innocent" party as collateral damage or as a way to hurt the guilty party. That's just "wrong."

020x

020x

Suffering will end when the existence does.
Jul 6, 2023
you're asking whether a natural reacton/emotion is okay. the only answer to this is yes. everyone wants revenge unless they didn't care about the person who got hurt or killed. anyone who hurt you, like actually hurt you should expect something back from you. that's just life

HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
please be careful not to harm an "innocent" party as collateral damage or as a way to hurt the guilty party. That's just "wrong."
How would innocents be hurt by doing revenge on someone who hurt me?
I would never hurt his family if you mean that cause that is immoral for me and also he wouldn't care.

im here i guess

im here i guess

Jan 21, 2023
It would be utterly satisfying to see people who hurted me without a reason crying and begging me to stop hurting them, I want them to feel the same as me, no way to escape the situation just as what they did to me.
trust me, I get it. I think the same thoughts. I still think it isn't a moral thing to go through with

getfree05

getfree05

Jul 3, 2023
Yes it is but the key is not doing something illegal or irrational, you can take revenge in a clever way and a careful plan without permanent damage

HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
Yes it is but the key is not doing something illegal
How does legality matter?
I don't care one bit about what is legal I only do what I find morally ok nothing else matters and you can get away with anything with an instant ctb method which I don't have sadly.
you can take revenge in a clever way and a careful plan without permanent damage
Explain it to me please

Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
no i dont think revenge is a very good option. BUT i hope that mean and abusive people go were they belong one day. And eventually faces a long trieal of karma.

Ampsvx123

Ampsvx123

Student
Jul 10, 2018
Revenge is the tool of the wicked, your stabbing the goodness out of your soul by entertaining malice. These that lay in evil shall find eternal rest in it.