Insomniac

Insomniac

š¯”„ š¯”² š¯”± š¯”¦ š¯”° š¯”Ŗ
May 21, 2021
my parents are in their 60s and could die at any moment. If they do die before me, I don't think I'll attend the funeral.

• Hugs
Reactions: settheory, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Manaaja and 3 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I don't think it's common, but who cares? I didn't attend my parents' funerals.

• Hugs
Reactions: settheory, Manaaja and summers
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I wouldn't say it's uncommon for a child to not attend their parents funerals, maybe it's more uncommon if none of the parents children attend the funeral (assuming they had multiple children), but even then that probably happens a fair bit. I don't think i will be attending either of my parents' funerals, if i live to see that day.

Reactions: Insomniac
Insomniac

Insomniac

š¯”„ š¯”² š¯”± š¯”¦ š¯”° š¯”Ŗ
May 21, 2021
W

wannaseepenguins

Dec 12, 2021
I think it probably depends on the circumstances, but obvioulsy it's entirely your choice. I feel like kids cutting off contact with parents has become a lot more common recently. If you weren't in contact with someone before they died then I don't see why you'd be expected to attend the funeral.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
divine4u2b

divine4u2b

Dec 14, 2021
my parents are in their 60s and could die at any moment. If they do die before me, I don't think I'll attend the funeral.
I have decided I am not having any funerals for my parents; or any other loved one that perished. Literally it is a great waste of money I have found. The funeral market is a scam / sham. When my 21 year old daughter took her life in 2020; I did not have a funeral. Funeral homes reap millions of dollars from innocent grieving families when their at their most vulnerable moments in there own personal lives. No one wants to remember their loved ones as they lay dead in any casket stone cold frozen. Honestly every funeral I ever have been; when I think back about those individuals all I can see is them lying in that casket. I feel it ruins your positive memories from when they were alive here on earth with you.

This is my own personal point of view; everyone is different. Most of you will need to experience it personally to decide what is best for you. There is a lot of different ways you can choose to celebrate ones life other than a funeral though. There are creepy feelings I get once I learned what the mortuary does to our bodies once they have them; and how they drain our blood and then pump you up with formaldehyde, etc. I watched a funeral director show me how and what is done; I am so cool on that. I want to return immediately to ash; upon death - and no one is to see my body except for whoever must claim me. Straight up it's in my will.

Reactions: deflationary, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, LastFlowers and 2 others
KTbear

KTbear

This Be The Verse
Dec 15, 2021
Not common (almost unheard of) where I live. Not only did I go, I had to make all of the arrangements. It was rough.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: divine4u2b and Lostandlooking
Live Free or Die

Live Free or Die

A wise man can always be found alone.
Jan 12, 2022
I went to my mother's funeral. She and my grandmother were the only people throughout my life that actually loved and cared about me. After they were gone, things got exponentially more difficult for me to stay. I already told my father that I will not be at his funeral because he's a piece of shit. I only ever did any "normie" activities like holidays, funerals, weddings because my mom made me. Since she has passed I no longer celebrate any holidays, I will never attend another funeral, I will never attend another wedding. I will never attend anything with lots of people besides going to the grocery store. I was never ever comfortable doing any of those things. I always felt out of place, that I didn't belong and I just wanted to hide.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, LastFlowers and 1 other person
S

Spacedoutfailure_

Jan 11, 2022
I prefer a memorial over a funeral. A memorial is when you meet at a restaurant and share pictures or at a park. A funeral is at a church or a cemetery and is more somber and serious.