R

RottenApple

Loneliness is not a phase
Dec 7, 2020
During these last days I've been slowly given up about the idea of trying to going on with my life. I've really tried, but apparently I'm just not made for this world.

Well, as many of you know,, planning a suicide can be extremely difficult and stressful, considering that there is always a possilibity of failure. My chosen method is partial hanging, I have things more or less planned, but inevitably I'll have to wait a couple of days or weeks to carry out my plan.

That said, I want to ask if any of you have tried to start a request to Dignitas or any group of assisted suicide that include people with non terminal illnesses? Maybe I'm being too optimistic or naive, but I've talked openly about my suicidal ideation with my therapist (and also with my family), and the last time we talked about it (a month ago) it wasn't the typical non-sensical conversation that denies that suicide can sometimes be a rational decision, it was a very open minded conversation. I tell this because as far as I know, you need a medical report from a therapist ot psychiatrist to start a request.

Do you think it is worth it to try to talk to my thereapist about this?

I don't want to end up in a psychiatric hospital if I'm vocal about my intentions, but at the same time, If there is a possibility of having a peaceful suicide, I obviously prefer that over hanging myself.

Last edited:
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
Admittedly, I know next to nothing about the application process for assisted suicide, but it seems to me that you would have to exhaust every treatment option available in order to qualify.

Reactions: RottenApple
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@RottenApple regardless of what they promise you, your therapist absolutely has the right and authority to have you committed. I'm not trying to sway you from discussing this, or seeking help. But if you bring up this topic, there is a chance you won't be going home from that office.

Reactions: booray and RottenApple
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Personally, I wouldn't talk to my therapists about it. They're just "professionals" who want to put you in a psych ward as soon as they hear the words, "suicide/assisted suicide, I want to die, I hate life, etc"

Reactions: booray, RottenApple and summers
R

RottenApple

Loneliness is not a phase
Dec 7, 2020
@RottenApple regardless of what they promise you, your therapist absolutely has the right and authority to have you committed. I'm not trying to sway you from discussing this, or seeking help. But if you bring up this topic, there is a chance you won't be going home from that office.

Personally, I wouldn't talk to my therapists about it. They're just "professionals" who want to put you in a psych ward as soon as they hear the words, "suicide/assisted suicide, I want to die, I hate life, etc"

Well, I finally wrote her an email. It was an introduction to the topic more than direct declaration of suicidal ideations.

We communicate through email and texting so it makes it easier.

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife and oversizedsweaters