C

celan

May 1, 2021
four years ago i took lsd and had the best time of my life. i did not get psychotic because of the trip. i suffer from depression and social anxiety, which both increased significantly in the last two months, so i'm reluctant to take lsd.

do you think, it is alright to take it? i could also try to microdose it.

Reactions: Seafoam
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
I'd be eating mouthfuls of it if I knew how to get it. Couldn't break me any more than I'm already broken.

I think microdosing is the *smart* way to go though. It's supposed to have all these great potential mental health benefits. But I think maybe that's just in conjunction with therapy?

• Hugs
Reactions: Seafoam and celan
Ankou

Ankou

Sep 26, 2021
I personally would avoid any drug as they can be extremely harmful, even in tiny amounts

Reactions: ketchup sandwich and celan
C

celan

May 1, 2021
I personally would avoid any drug as they can be extremely harmful, even in tiny amounts
i usually don't take drugs, except for lsd and weed some years ago. what do you exactly mean with harmful? i think lsd isn't especially neurotoxic and addictive. the only real danger is to develop a psychosis.

Reactions: Seafoam and callme
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
I always feel it might make you do sometthing stupid in an overreaction. It might happen, because a mentally ill brain on drugs will definitely react stronger, and visuals might get overhwelming.

• Hugs
Reactions: celan
Ankou

Ankou

Sep 26, 2021
I had drug-induced psychosis a few times and it was really fucking horrible, but that's just my experience

Last edited:
  • Hugs
callme

callme

Aug 15, 2021
i usually don't take drugs, except for lsd and weed some years ago. what do you exactly mean with harmful? i think lsd isn't especially neurotoxic and addictive. the only real danger is to develop a psychosis.
Weed is underrated in this regard. As if it's not massively used, more people need to consider it. If they're mentally ill and scared of psychoactives, no problem with weed.

existtosuffer

existtosuffer

Student
Sep 22, 2021
Worked at first but then took a strong hit, blacked out & woke up in hospital. Kept having psychotic episodes afterwards.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: celan and callme
BobMorane

BobMorane

wizard
Apr 20, 2021
Depends of the illness. If it's depression and anxiety, microdosing might be smart, I've heard it really changes lives. When I first started using I had the time of my life. But then I took a heroic dose without knowing (my tablet had over 600 micrograms) and got a really bad psychosis :/

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Seafoam, callme and celan
callme

callme

Aug 15, 2021
Depends of the illness. If it's depression and anxiety, microdosing might be smart, I've heard it really changes lives. When I first started using I had the time of my life. But then I took a heroic dose without knowing (my tablet had over 600 micrograms) and got a really bad psychosis :/
Surely Cristopher Reeve here (avatar gave you away) can overcome that? Come on man, if you can lift a plane, what's a psychosis..

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: celan and BobMorane
ChobaniFlipSmores

ChobaniFlipSmores

Hakuna matata?
Jul 28, 2021
Set and setting. If you have ever had a bad trip, having a bad trip while depressed is 10x worse. It's pretty risky in my opinion.

• Hugs
C

celan

May 1, 2021
Set and setting. If you have ever had a bad trip, having a bad trip while depressed is 10x worse. It's pretty risky in my opinion.
thanks for all of your answers, i probably won't do it, it's tempting, but it's probably not worth the risk.

Reactions: tiredplant777
tiredplant777

tiredplant777

Student
Jul 23, 2021
I have c-ptsd and depression and anxiety and I use psychedelics. I've only done lsd twice though and both at lower doses. I've done ayahuasca a lot. I used to be scared of developing psychosis but then I went through a bunch of super fucked up things over years and years and I mentally never snapped so now I don't worry about it as much... if I was going to do a higher dose or a full tab of lsd i would want someone around. Lsd lasts a long time too.

• Hugs
Monique696

Monique696

Aug 31, 2021
It caused a mayor psychosis with me. Even tho I did overdo it like crazy and took shrooms as well for a couple of days in a row. But it drove me completely mental and landed me inside of a clinic without my memory. Took months to come down to normal.
Can't recommend it in higher dosages.
Won't try it again tho. Too risky. Could have permanently damaged me.

• Hugs
Reactions: BobMorane
tiredplant777

tiredplant777

Student
Jul 23, 2021
It caused a mayor psychosis with me. Even tho I did overdo it like crazy and took shrooms as well for a couple of days in a row. But it drove me completely mental and landed me inside of a clinic without my memory. Took months to come down to normal.
Can't recommend it in higher dosages.
Won't try it again tho. Too risky. Could have permanently damaged me.
wow I am sorry this happened. I have seen some psychedelic casualties myself, it's intense and I hope you are ok now.

Monique696

Monique696

Aug 31, 2021
wow I am sorry this happened. I have seen some psychedelic casualties myself, it's intense and I hope you are ok now.
I'm much better now but it took a long long time. Still having issues concentrating and with my memory tho.
There is someone in our neighborhood who's brother took it as well once many years ago and since then he got stuck in psychosis and talks to rocks etc.
Not fun.
If I'd have known before about these risks I would not have taken it.
But hey that's life.

• Hugs
Reactions: BobMorane
tiredplant777

tiredplant777

Student
Jul 23, 2021
I'm much better now but it took a long long time. Still having issues concentrating and with my memory tho.
There is someone in our neighborhood who's brother took it as well once many years ago and since then he got stuck in psychosis and talks to rocks etc.
Not fun.
If I'd have known before about these risks I would not have taken it.
But hey that's life.
I am glad you're doing better. I hope those issues can resolve themselves also.
yeah I feel like the risks of psychedelics are really brushed under the rug a lot of the time.

Monique696

Monique696

Aug 31, 2021
I am glad you're doing better. I hope those issues can resolve themselves also.
yeah I feel like the risks of psychedelics are really brushed under the rug a lot of the time.
They truly are.
But hey what's life without surprise and a bit of learning here and there.

Seafoam

Seafoam

Student
Jun 26, 2020
I've done 2 tabs of LSD alone and I've done shrooms. Both have helped me when I was going through really bad depressive episodes. Especially shrooms. You can try micro dosing if you're worried. Just make sure you're in a safe space when you try.

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I've never had a bad trip. Never lost touch with reality. On one occassion I took it the day after my ex left me. I called her, begged her to stay and cried crocodile tears after she dissed me for about 4 hours. Still, I wouldn't call it a bad trip. I felt cleansed afterwards.
But this is just my personal experience. I naturally handle lsd well, I guess.
But it is true that it potentiate your current emotional state. You should proceed with caution.

tiredplant777

tiredplant777

Student
Jul 23, 2021
I've done 2 tabs of LSD alone and I've done shrooms. Both have helped me when I was going through really bad depressive episodes. Especially shrooms. You can try micro dosing if you're worried. Just make sure you're in a safe space when you try.
I might try mushrooms again soon bc of this.

Reactions: Seafoam
A

atomic horse

May 23, 2021
If you feel good why not, have fun!

Reactions: Seafoam and tiredplant777