N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I wish I had a lot of money. I worry extremely and daily about financials. So having financial security would alleviate my pain a lot. But this is probably only a dream.

I think there are studies that after a certain income more money does not increase happiness. (I think the number was 5.000 euro per month but I could be completely wrong)

I could imagine that getting a lot of money is sometimes a disappointment. For some not for all. Fake friends will try to take advantage. Some people are not able to handle the money and lose it after a short period of time. Maybe it is disappointing to learn money cannot buy you happniess.
People live way beyond their limits. And have no more control how much they are really spending. Look at Elon Musk this poor guy! Paying an overpriced price for a social media platform in order to copy 4chan.

People becoming greedy and ruin their health just to get more money.
I read some rich people start doing cocaine. I think it is quite expensive. But I think there is a lot of evidence that cocaine leads to depression when it is used longterm. So they ruin their mental health too.

I think I could become corrupted by winning the lottery. I think my biggest problems would be the people who want their share. My mom cannot handle financials at all. Neither my sister. My best friends are struggling to find an income either.
Many people would try to get share from my money.

Sadly this is all only a thought experiment. I think poverty will be a major reason for my suicide. I think some here cannot fathom why some celebrities commit suicide. They seem to have everything one can have. Though seeminly this is some sort of illusion.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and chocolatebar
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Tell you honest no corrupt , Hav before money money live own way no problem not be other human, live simple buy thing like that all. Other human cruelty haras attack all prolif natal. Get money buy food game few thing that all,total cost ok. Now have money sure peace method immediat

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I wish I had a lot of money. I worry extremely and daily about financials. So having financial security would alleviate my pain a lot. But this is probably only a dream.

I think there are studies that after a certain income more money does not increase happiness. (I think the number was 5.000 euro per month but I could be completely wrong)

I could imagine that getting a lot of money is sometimes a disappointment. For some not for all. Fake friends will try to take advantage. Some people are not able to handle the money and lose it after a short period of time. Maybe it is disappointing to learn money cannot buy you happniess.
People live way beyond their limits. And have no more control how much they are really spending. Look at Elon Musk this poor guy! Paying an overpriced price for a social media platform in order to copy 4chan.

People becoming greedy and ruin their health just to get more money.
I read some rich people start doing cocaine. I think it is quite expensive. But I think there is a lot of evidence that cocaine leads to depression when it is used longterm. So they ruin their mental health too.

I think I could become corrupted by winning the lottery. I think my biggest problems would be the people who want their share. My mom cannot handle financials at all. Neither my sister. My best friends are struggling to find an income either.
Many people would try to get share from my money.

Sadly this is all only a thought experiment. I think poverty will be a major reason for my suicide. I think some here cannot fathom why some celebrities commit suicide. They seem to have everything one can have. Though seeminly this is some sort of illusion.
Money corrupts me?😇 Oh, hell yes, to the utmost! 😈 My dear I should show the world previously unknown ways of fun, sex, partying, kinkiness, joy,delight........I would also show the world kindness, generosity, empathy, and above all respect for everyone.

chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
If I was a multimillionaire, I would just spend my money on buying a beautiful island, a vehicle for occasional coming back to society, and things to provide for myself in there and whoever wanted to come with me (would someone want to live like that with me?). I don't think this would make me a corrupt person.

Back to the question, does money corrupt people² I'm not sure. I tend to believe that people are already selfish and predatory, but just gain means to do what they want if they have the money for it. For example, I see a lot of suicidal people who aren't against the unjustness of the society we live in, but are just frustrated because they're on the unprivileged side. These people would probably become "corrupted" if they got rich.

As a side note, there's one aspect of money that makes it into some sort of addiction. When we live from a salary, we have some degree of stability, but, when we have a lot of money, we don't, so, in order to live as a rich person, and to keep yourself rich, you have to constantly seek new financial opportunities.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'd like to find out...

No, I don't think it would. It would likely make me less probable to CTB- at least for now.

B

Banshee

Student
Oct 25, 2021
Personally, I make over $100k a year and most months I barely get by after bills and monthly costs. I know that if I was making double or triple that, I'd be very happy.

• Wow
Reactions: lofticries
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I can't be corrupted with money, but in kind I'm almost convinced I can.
//
A mi amb diners no se'm pot corrompre, però en espécie estic gairebé convençut que si.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I would like to think not, but common sense suggests that it would. At the very least, I would probably lose touch with the average person. Not a fan of Gwyneth Paltrow, but I thought she was unfairly criticized for saying the following,

"I am who I am. I can't pretend to be somebody who makes $25K a year."

I find it extremely irritating and distasteful when someone who makes millions pretends to empathize with the average Joe. At least she is being honest here.