gravesfrommiami

gravesfrommiami

##b4sisters
Mar 8, 2023
I made this post because i remember a dream i had about 9 months ago where my mom hung herself and i still remember how it happened. The dream was pretty short but i remember waking up in my bed and i went to the bathroom to look outside of the window. It looked pretty nice outside so i didn't expect anything bad to happen, but when i walked into her room I turned and she was being hung by the neck by a blue rope. As soon as I saw that i woke up, It had me startled for a few minutes but i didn't think too much of it since it was a dream.

Fast forward 9 months later I get a call from her while shes leaving work. She told me she almost got into a car accident and died because a truck blew trough a red light. She said if she would've went through at the same time as the truck did she would've been dead. When she said that it reminded me of the dream i had 9 months ago where she was hung.

Sometimes i ask myself if maybe im just overthinking it but I don't know the fact that she was dead in my dream and almost died in real life seems to coincidental and i definitely think dreams have some sort of meaning behind them.

Sorry if this post seems kind of crazy or doesn't make any since. As always though thank you for reading.

• Hugs
Reactions: epic
CompleteControl

CompleteControl

After I'm dead will I still dream.
Mar 31, 2023
Depends on how you interpret them I've had dreams I thought were maybe premonitions of future events because of their clarity that didn't bring about any this side of consciousness changes and others that seemed to be absolutely ridiculous but they actually in some weird way were signs of what was to come. I've been lucid dreaming a lot recently dreams where I've maybe been asleep for an hour or an hour and a half that felt like I was in them for days. I dunno our brains are weird meat computers.

Reactions: gravesfrommiami
rattymiss

rattymiss

Feb 7, 2023
I am very spiritual, so yes, I do believe that dreams are often a message from, well, somewhere.
However, your dream doesn't seem to be connected to her accident that much, and surprisingly meaning of dreams tend to be way different than the literal meaning of the dream, even though that would make the most sense. It could just mean that she was lost in life, "lost the ground under her feet", and had to find her way to the right path and you were well aware of that or knew it subconsciously.
Accidents happen, ur dream doesnt have to be prophetic, u just need to know the signs that are very subtle.

SatouR

SatouR

Spiraling into insanity
Mar 29, 2023
Rarely dream due to insomnia but when i do I either forget immediatly after waking up or it's so wierd that it's hard to interpret.
Im not saying they dont have a meaning but i can't find one.

wastingpotential

wastingpotential

drowning, always.
Feb 8, 2023
i've definitely had some fucked up dreams, even a few that i feel predicted a part of my future or just a general outcome of a situation. but even the most confusing dreams always have some stupid meaning that when i research it, it just makes sense. i hate it sometimes.

i'm really sorry for your loss, though

gravesfrommiami

gravesfrommiami

##b4sisters
Mar 8, 2023
i've definitely had some fucked up dreams, even a few that i feel predicted a part of my future or just a general outcome of a situation. but even the most confusing dreams always have some stupid meaning that when i research it, it just makes sense. i hate it sometimes.

i'm really sorry for your loss, though
My mom didn't die she's alive and well.

Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
I can't say anything regarding it being a sign. However, they are a indication of what's going on inside.
I have had dreams where my dad went crazy and decided to do some stupid shit that affected everyone. He really did it, same day as i had the dream.

epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
9 months is a big gap .
You are reading too much into it.

Illidan77

Illidan77

╰━≪ - ≫─╯
Nov 22, 2022
well Dr. Strange said dreams tell about us in the multiverse.

charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
not really, but i think they are a reflection of something about yourself. a subconcious thought, need or repressed feeling maybe