Mar 21, 2019
I'm 23 he's 48...

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote
Cancún

Cancún

Experienced
Apr 20, 2020
its ok, so you are better no suicide thats good!

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Mental development was not a factor in him picking you as a partner. The younger a partner is, the increase chances of walking out of that relationship abused. Power dynamics are obvious with how large of a gap there is between you and him. You're at this age where you're still developing yourself, as am I. We're both around the same age. The ability of someone taking away that development of me, to only control me, is why I hesitate ever dating anyone younger than me or significantly older than me.

To each their own. I'd be cautious if I were in your shoes.

Reactions: FusRohDracarys, Walilamdzi and BeeLoyal
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Do whatever feels right to you. Follow your gut. You alone have all the facts about the situation you are in, and you alone are capable to make decisions which benefit you.

Whatever other people think about your relationship to another person is pure conjecture. Whatever advice they give you says more about them, than about you.

I understand you are probably looking for different perspectives which will help you work through your dilemma, but please remember noone here knows you or the person you are involved with.

Reactions: Deleted member 14573, Walilamdzi, Woodnote and 1 other person
BeeLoyal

BeeLoyal

Is Existence Just A Test?
Apr 27, 2020
I'm 23 he's 48...
As long as you're aware, that the older one could always be abusing the fact their partner is way younger, its fine.
As long as you're happy!

Peace :)

Reactions: Walilamdzi
I

I’mDone

Experienced
Mar 22, 2020
I would like to add that apart from the potential for control & abuse, you, at 23 are still finding yourself.

You have so much of your path still to walk, so much to discover. He will have made most of the significant discoveries of his life, walked the path and is quite likely in a comfortable rut.

Could you live with someone who was unable to share your joy and wonderment at each new discovery or turn in your path?

Or worse, someone who could not console you when things go wrong because they've been there, seen it, done it and are jaded?

Reactions: Walilamdzi and BeeLoyal
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
Totally up to you and them at the end of the day. Personally I wouldn't go near anyone that's 66 (25 years older) and I most definitely wouldn't go with someone 16. But 23 and 48, it's legal, neither is that young or that past it and if it works, crack on.

I've only ever been with anyone that's 7 years (I was 39 to her 32) younger, and 12 years older (I was 28 to her 40) - I enjoyed both experiences, but ultimately didn't have all that much in common with them, but that can be said about someone born the same day as you.

Just bear in mind you'll hit your prime when he's almost a pensioner, it might be great now but he's on a rapidly downward slope, and you're not even near your peak.

Reactions: Oyoy, FusRohDracarys, Walilamdzi and 1 other person