Eridanos

Eridanos

Confused
Feb 24, 2020
When I'm on desktop I usually connect through tor while when I'm on mobile I use firefox focus.
I know those measures are pretty much useless but they make me feel "safer" when logging here.
Do you also try to hide your footsteps or am I just too paranoid?

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I think many hide it, but I have given up, anyone looking over my shoulder sees a car parts forum..... they need a option to make it look like a forum that would interest women too :pfff: :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: CuddleHug, nerve and Eridanos
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
We all should really but I don't.

Reactions: Eridanos
Eridanos

Eridanos

Confused
Feb 24, 2020
I think many hide it, but I have given up, anyone looking over my shoulder sees a car parts forum..... they need a option to make it look like a forum that would interest women too :pfff: :pfff:
I admit that I laughed more than I should have.
The change in logo in the incognito theme seems like putting on glasses and saying you are another person.

Reactions: Finis Autem Spero and Lethe
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I admit that I laughed more than I should have.
The change in logo in the incognito theme seems like putting on glasses and saying you are another person.

If they are blind as a bat then they will only see the title and not the sub forum titles and we are safe, if they are long sighted then we need to poke them in the eyes to ensure we are safe......

• Love
Reactions: mesohappy and Eridanos
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
None.

I take full responsability for everything I write here, and if anyone who knows me were to ever find my posts, I'd say to them "knock yourself out reading!"

When I first joined this site, I was "afraid" of what I was writing. Now, I don't feel that anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead beat dad and Eridanos
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Wash my hands and cough into my elbow...oh sorry getting my worries confused. Really though just Tor and common sense in not sharing my personal details and things like social media links etc which is just mind boggling and has created some real drama for people when doing so and making themselves exposed irl. Same with people cavalierly browsing this site with people seeing it. Every time it happens and people say there was a problem because of facebook or someone seeing they were logged in, or telling people they are going to ctb etc I feel so frustrated because it's clearly avoidable. It's easy to say you don't care and be defiant...but that's not going to protect you when the consequences happen. There is zero downside to taking the most basic privacy precautions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ame and Eridanos
Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
A VPN, a script blocker, a cookie burner and a random user agent spoofer. They're not specific to SS, just for general browsing.

Reactions: Ame
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
This sounds like paranoia. I don't take any "precautions", as nothing illegal is being done here.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy, Epsilon0 and mesohappy
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I do, I use private browsing so that way I don't have an Internet history saved to my browser. Yes, while the ISP can still see which sites I have visited, I'm not really concerned about that as much because I am not doing anything wrong. Also, I am very careful of what I share online so that to me is one of the key elements of security on both ends.

Reactions: Epsilon0
Isittimetogonola

Isittimetogonola

Kindness is a weakness to be taken advantage by al
Oct 22, 2019
I used to. Now I don't care enough about others. They shouldnt be looking over my shoulder. When it is time, I will delete everything. Up until then, I am too tired to care.

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
This sounds like paranoia. I don't take any "precautions", as nothing illegal is being done here.

Denial and dismissal of risk is a pretty standard response when people don't like or want to deal with something. Your assertion nothing illegal is being done is incorrect as a blanket statement. In many places one could be prosecuted for "helping" someone end their life. People have also been prosecuted irl for encouraging etc. Both are highly unlikely here because of how the site is run as long as one takes basic steps to protect their identity. I think its very wrong and unethical to punish someone for talking about such things openly, but denying it happens is foolhardy. I will not discuss methods openly myself except to warn those I happen see who are clearly using a dangerous one in an attempt to not hurt themselves (ie "I am going to OD on sleeping pills and drink bleach as a chaser" etc.) There are plenty of resources for valid methods and all the noise does is drown the signal and stress people out.

It's also not just about legal trouble. The people who are actively trying to do harm for ideological reasons, and those who are distraught for having lost loved ones etc, have already gotten into the real lives of some users who inexplicably shared their real identity in various ways. They also believed "I have nothing to hide it's not illegal/wrong" etc and now they invited drama and trouble and act confounded by this. Ignore the risk at your own peril. Calling people who take basic privacy steps in their life "paranoid" is really off base. Just because you haven't died of some illness or suffered some trauma doesn't mean it's not out there hurting others every moment. it doesn't mean you shouldn't use common sense safety. This is no different. What "should" be doesn't matter. What "is" does.

• Love
Reactions: Eridanos