N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am ambivalent. I think rationally it is more save to wear them. (In my opinion). But it is so fucking hot. And honestly it is kind of stressful to wear them in this heat. And for my stability I try to avoid stress.

I am still scared of long-covid. I don't know if I ever had covid. I barely make any tests. I am kind of isolated so it is unlikely that I got it.
Some people look at you in a weird way if you still wear the masks. Especially in areas where it is voluntary. Though excactly due to these people I kind of like to have them on. They look at me as if I was delusional or hysterical but I am convinced that science is on my side.

There was always this special allure for me to be the outsider. I was bullied in school for being different. But it also gave me this feeling that maybe just the majority is wrong. Why was there any reason to bully an obese child like me? The bullies/ or majority was not right on that. So I concluded that the majority might be wrong in some instances. And I try to keep true to myself. The irony is when the bullying stopped I tried to lose weight. It was kind of paradoxially. But to that time my first manic episode started. Not sure. Maybe it was coincidence.

I was always the anti-drugs guy. So many young people try different drugs. For me this always was too dangerous. To be honest I was pretty right on that. Due to my genes drugs cause severe mental illness in my case. Though due to child abuse I developed my conditions anyway.

So I conclude there are different reason why I wear the mask sometimes. I am a tentative person. I try to act rationally. The mask does not hurt me. I think the majority is too careless on it. But on the other side the mask reallly stresses me out. And my mental condition is more dangerous than the current covid variant.
I like to be the rebel. And currently you are the rebel if you were a mask. Though I never wanted to be the rebel who rejects to wear one.

Moreover I like Asian culture. Wearing masks is very widespread in Asia. They do this in order to protect themselves and other people. I like that. I hope that it is still socially accepted to wear one even after the pandemic. But I doubt that.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost, onlyanimalsaregood and Cathy Ames
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Barely anyone is wearing them here in Spain anymore. A little respite before the next manufactured crisis propels a totalitarian takeover.

Reactions: Ashu, waitingforrest, newave3 and 3 others
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
I don't wear one, but I do wash my hands far more frequently than I used to. I am also more conscientious about washing them after inadvertently touching someone's hand, or putting them on surfaces like tables at a public restaurant.

I also live in the Midwest too, and people here will give you looks or make mean comments about you if they see you wearing one. They see it as a "you think you're better than me" kind of thing.

Reactions: Foresight and houseofleaves
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
usually no. i wore masks everywhere in public indoor spaces all the way through march 2022, only excluding restaurants. i stopped about 2 months ago, after recovering from getting covid (which i caught at a conference/in a country where no one masked, but was supposed to have a mask mandate when i signed up to go)

i still carry a mask in my purse & i'll put one on if i've been coughing or feel sick, but more often lately, i'll wear one because it's a dusty environment such as a home improvement / building supply store, or if there's a lot of pollen outside.

i think wearing a mask is generally a good idea, but i don't feel strongly enough to be the only one wearing one in a public space. i don't wanna draw attention to myself

Reactions: newave3
miserableforever

miserableforever

Arcanist
Oct 23, 2020
I am ambivalent. I think rationally it is more save to wear them. (In my opinion). But it is so fucking hot. And honestly it is kind of stressful to wear them in this heat. And for my stability I try to avoid stress.

I am still scared of long-covid. I don't know if I ever had covid. I barely make any tests. I am kind of isolated so it is unlikely that I got it.
Some people look at you in a weird way if you still wear the masks. Especially in areas where it is voluntary. Though excactly due to these people I kind of like to have them on. They look at me as if I was delusional or hysterical but I am convinced that science is on my side.

There was always this special allure for me to be the outsider. I was bullied in school for being different. But it also gave me this feeling that maybe just the majority is wrong. Why was there any reason to bully an obese child like me? The bullies/ or majority was not right on that. So I concluded that the majority might be wrong in some instances. And I try to keep true to myself. The irony is when the bullying stopped I tried to lose weight. It was kind of paradoxially. But to that time my first manic episode started. Not sure. Maybe it was coincidence.

I was always the anti-drugs guy. So many young people try different drugs. For me this always was too dangerous. To be honest I was pretty right on that. Due to my genes drugs cause severe mental illness in my case. Though due to child abuse I developed my conditions anyway.

So I conclude there are different reason why I wear the mask sometimes. I am a tentative person. I try to act rationally. The mask does not hurt me. I think the majority is too careless on it. But on the other side the mask reallly stresses me out. And my mental condition is more dangerous than the current covid variant.
I like to be the rebel. And currently you are the rebel if you were a mask. Though I never wanted to be the rebel who rejects to wear one.

Moreover I like Asian culture. Wearing masks is very widespread in Asia. They do this in order to protect themselves and other people. I like that. I hope that it is still socially accepted to wear one even after the pandemic. But I doubt that.
I wear a mask indoors cause I have severe social anxiety and it makes me feel more comfortable at work. Also I'm not a fan of other people's bad breath, regardless of Covid.

• Love
Reactions: thankyouforthis, Un-, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 3 others
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
No and I never used it, only on public transport because I don't want to pay a fine

Reactions: whatevs
I need peace

I need peace

The past is never dead, it's not even past.
Mar 28, 2022
I use it in closed spaces, I don't go out often, it's mostly on public transport and university

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I am not out in public very often, but if I was to spend more time in places where there are a lot of people, I would choose to wear a mask. The thought of covid is terrifying to me and I fear ending up with more health problems that would make my life worse. To me, it is horrifying how so many diseases exist.

• Hugs
Reactions: wljourney and waitingforrest
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I don't interact with many people, and I try to avoid it at all costs.

The times when I do are usually rare, mostly at the indoor market where I will wear one or if I find myself in some other densely populated enclosed space.

• Love
Reactions: thankyouforthis, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and wljourney
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I never did and I've never gotten Covid. Covid is a psychosomatic illness. You get it by allowing fear to take over.

• Yay!
Reactions: whatevs and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
l0stc4use

l0stc4use

lonely
May 6, 2022
yes i wear one whenever i go out to protect me from covid cuz i have not gotten it once, but i also wear it to hide my double chin bc i am insecure lol

• Hugs
Reactions: death137, wljourney and waitingforrest
T

TheUncommon

Student
May 19, 2021
I just like masks because they cover my face, which I am just self-conscious about. Having the mask on keeps me calmer as there's less to worry about and I don't have to be concerned about facial expressions. Anyone who bitches about it has one option, and that's to get over it.

• Love
Reactions: thankyouforthis, Un-, onlyanimalsaregood and 3 others
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
I never did and I've never gotten Covid. Covid is a psychosomatic illness. You get it by allowing fear to take over.

Because biology isn't real in your world. JFC. I guess Tuberculosis was "psychosomatic" too.

No, I no longer wear a mask because I don't care about the risks anymore to me but I do not want to be a vector for others so I stay cautious especially around kids and babies who are the most at risk.

Reactions: dirtnap, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and lofticries
Josh007

Josh007

The number zero is feeling lonely...
Nov 30, 2020
I gave up, sorry old people you've lived long enough lol

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: isad, Élégie, thankyouforthis and 7 others
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Because biology isn't real in your world. JFC. I guess Tuberculosis was "psychosomatic" too.

No, I no longer wear a mask because I don't care about the risks anymore to me but I do not want to be a vector for others so I stay cautious especially around kids and babies who are the most at risk.
Strangers lives don't matter to me

W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Yes not because of covid but because I hate my face.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, death137, thankyouforthis and 1 other person
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Your sociopathy is obvious.
Thanks for the mask of for all of us.
On a good day, the average stranger doesn't care about me. Stay consistent and call them sociopaths too.

• Informative
Reactions: whatevs and Un-
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Yes. Both my parents have asthma and some other health problems that affect breathing. Not to mention I went through a terrible bout of acid reflux last summer that caused me to go to er twice due to difficulties breathing. I do not want to take my chances.

Even if the things above weren't a problem I'd still wear a mask since I hate showing my face. I don't get up in ppls faces about it and ppl shouldn't get up in mine about it.

In some Asian countries it was the norm before covid hit anyway. So it isn't like this is some new never before seen thing in the world.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: death137, Lost in a Dream and wljourney
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Yes absolutely.
Not outdoors but anywhere indoors. Definitely. (Though I don't go anywhere much anyway)

People who have lived experience what it means to have a disabling, chronic condition usually have a lot of respect for longcovid.

If me wearing a mask makes anyone uncomfortable - tough fucking luck.
Not my problem.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and lofticries
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Yes, I'm still wearing and I think most people are just irresponsible about that.

callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
No, I'm a frowning, sour bastard. I don't mask when talking to somebody but let them know by staring "Hey c*nt, whatcho lookin at".

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
If I go out I go... but I don't go out much. I don't have a doctor until October 18 and if I don't have to do something unforeseen and necessary before that date I have no intention of leaving home... and it makes me feel bad, with the heat, to have to put on a mask in the middle of summer. I hope I don't have to leave the house.
//
Si surto en porto... però es que surto poc. No tinc metge fins el 18 d'Octubre i si no es que tinc que fer alguna gestió imprevista i necessària abans d'aquesta data no tinc intenció de moure'm de casa... i es que em fa cosa, amb la calor que fa, haver-me de posar una mascareta en ple estiu. Espero que no em toqui sortir de casa.

Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
Barely anyone is wearing them here in Spain anymore. A little respite before the next manufactured crisis propels a totalitarian takeover.
I didn't realize you were in Spain. I was in Cedeira from December to February, living in a friend's house, on my way from India to Canada.

whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
I didn't realize you were in Spain. I was in Cedeira from December to February, living in a friend's house, on my way from India to Canada.
That's a long trip! I'm kinda envious, overall trips have always been more enjoyable than not.

Reactions: callme
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
Here in India, extremely few wear masks by now. People have better things to worry about.

callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
Here in India, extremely few wear masks by now. People have better things to worry about.

The test vs England on the 1st July? No worry about Ireland today though.

I gave up, sorry old people you've lived long enough lol

You tell them! The long awaited response to "Damn kids", "Get out of my property" and "Sorry young man, there's no skating here".

whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
Your sociopathy is obvious.
Thanks for the mask of for all of us.
Even if Weebster is ASPD, which I think he might be, doesn't mean he isn't right about the covid PsyOp. Precisely by virtue of being a sociopath he can see through the ridiculous emotional manipulation and virtue signaling they have used to dupe people like you into submission.

Reactions: GasMonkey