Student
Aug 3, 2021
I wasn't sure how to best explain this in the title

What I mean is do you still carry on with life like normal even though you plan to ctb? I'll give a couple random examples:

- Buying groceries for next week even though you aren't planning to be here then
- Booking a dentist appointment for in 3 months
- Making arrangements for Christmas

Im certain about ctb'ing in the near future but I still find myself "making plans" further ahead than I intend to live for. It's not because I doubt my decision but because I fear failure/delay and having to deal with the consequences of not dealing with stuff (such as having no food in)

I haven't really given the best examples here, I had some good ones in mind but I've gone totally blank lol

it seems like it would be so easy to think "I won't deal with *something* because I won't be here then anyway"

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: archipelago, BeautifulMosaics, draw a circle and 9 others
aviation

aviation

It's time to go home.
Jul 30, 2021
Yes and no - I'm doing what I can to make it as easy on everyone in my life as possible, so e.g. giving away what I own, in as safe a way as I can, in order to not make my family go through needing to clear these things away, and the memories attached for them. I can imagine it would be even more painful. I am also making much more short-term plans and spending time with the people I care about, than I have or had the energy to in the past, because I wish to show them my appreciation and gratitude for our time here, and that I care for them, and give them good memories, at the end of this. I am, however, not making plans that go beyond my time here - perhaps this is because I have made sure that the method I chose to leave is as safe as possible, so failure is not a consideration.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: at-sea, Lostandlooking, The Lonely and 1 other person
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
Not too much. I live for today and i do the bare minimum i've to do for faking a normal person.

• Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, FuneralCry, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person
Auto Immunity After

Auto Immunity After

LOOKING FOR THE CURE FOR AUTO IMMUNE
Jul 20, 2021
I just received a wedding invitation from my neice. She is getting married July 2022. I replied YES because the truth is we dont know !00% what day we plan to ctb. So I make decisions based on "what would I say or do today"?

Reactions: archipelago, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Lostandlooking and 2 others

Student
Aug 3, 2021
I just received a wedding invitation from my neice. She is getting married July 2022. I replied YES because the truth is we dont know !00% what day we plan to ctb. So I make decisions based on "what would I say or do today"?
This is a good example. Not only do you not 100% know but also there's no point upsetting your niece by saying you can't come and also raising suspicion etc

Reactions: archipelago, WrongPlaceWrongTime, clown_17 and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I feel like for me, at the moment there is no set date when I will ctb, I will do it when I have reached the point of desperation. I try to make as little plans as possible, and just deal with things as they come. I honestly do not do many things really. I have no long term plans really as I do not want to exist for many more decades.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Lostandlooking, The Lonely and 1 other person
The Lonely

The Lonely

Arcanist
Jan 26, 2021
I have skipping doctors appointments, dentists …For a long time already

I already get rid of documents…photos... Old diaries and stuff like this…

I think I must have one last appointment at my psychiatrist next month and I believe that it will be my last….

Groceries are funny… its pretty ridiculous to look at your home objects and know they will probably last longer than ..

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, Alwaysbadtime and Lostandlooking
Flau

Flau

i'm so done lmao
Dec 30, 2019
I actually do. But the constant wish to kill myself kinda fucks me over.

I want to move out. I want to find love. I want to have a TRUE loving family.

But if something fails, I'll CTB. Im so easy to give up, just because I'm tired of trying and achieving everything, but good.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry and Lostandlooking
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
I imagine I will ctb sometime in the future. I'm just here to see if things can improve the next couple of years. If things do not improve I want to be 'ready'. So the long-term planning I do is focused on making it easier to ctb. Not making any new friends, letting some relationships die off. I've been getting rid of stuff but not anything major. Throwing away personal stuff I wouldn't want anyone to read.

I know making that final decision is very difficult. And I'll just continue to suffer if I decide to live without anything drastically changing in my life. So I'm trying to get ready.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Flau and 1 other person
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

I wish no one had to CTB..........
Aug 14, 2020
Totally. Why not? I know I'll break down soon, but I don't see why I shouldn't be making any future plans. These plans don't involve anything serious, just some daily unimportant stuff.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry and Lostandlooking
S

suisuiforum

Experienced
Jul 4, 2021
Although I'll try very hard to succeed when I do it, there's always the possibility of failure, and I'm not sure if I'll ever summon the nerve to do it again if that happened. Therefore, I'm still making backup plans in the event of survival, but it's the opposite of how many people (especially normies) view suicide. Instead of thinking that I'll kill myself if life doesn't work out, my primary goal is to CTB while ensuring that I still have other options in case that doesn't work out.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, Lostandlooking, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I no longer make plans I take one day at a time. My last actual plan was with family this summer in which I will no longer partake in because I know CTB for me is coming in the near future so I try to stay away from family and friends as much as possible and keeping new connections with people.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and FuneralCry
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
I do lol... I'm planning to have a driving lessom tomorrow and have my bday party the day after. Suicide is like the last thing on my to do list that i never got to cross out... Also, this reminds me of a manga where there's a scene of a mother whose son committed suicide received a box of ramen he ordered before he died. She said smth like, "so this kid still thinks about tomorrow..."

Reactions: Lostandlooking
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
I don't know how to plan for the future anymore. So no, I don't make longterm plans.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking