Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Morally ambiguous person

Votes: 19 51.4%

• Total voters
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
As per title. Also I'm curious to know your thoughts on whether it is one's intentions or actions that determine their morality. Why? And do you hold strangers to their actions and yourself to your intentions?

Reactions: Callie Arcale
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I see myself as a bad person because all of my actions, even good ones, are rendered evil by the selfish intent I have behind them. The only reason I'm not infamous or locked up is because I'm simply too lazy to do many of the cruel acts I've wished to inflict upon the world.

And it's not just a matter of wanting to do evil unto evil, quite the opposite. I'd rather let other evil people go free if I can instead cause the suffering of innocents more. I figure that even though I deserve all this torture in my life, it still seems fair that others should be feeling that same pain too.

Normally I'm "nice" to people only out of a sense of self preservation because I am aware I can't often defend myself in most situations. This is truly the mark of the worst kind of coward and deserves no sympathy.

It wasn't always this way. Unfortunately my spirit broke a few years ago and caused me to want to turn my own suffering against those who don't deserve it. Doesn't help that in these modern times, most of my opinions, beliefs, and values are all things that would be considered evil where I live and they just aren't compatible with an increasingly progressive world.

Reactions: Panna, Callie Arcale, GenesAndEnvironment and 2 others
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
I'm a bad person. I may have done some good things, but I'm overall a selfish person. I constantly think about how awesome it would be to have friends or to have a girlfriend but never in my imagination do I ever think about their needs or their problems. It's always about me and about what I want. With that said, it's probably deserved that I would end up alone and people saw who I was and didn't bother. It would make sense, but that doesn't make it hurt any less typing it.

Reactions: Callie Arcale, Imaginos, aneurysm and 1 other person

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I can't seem to wrap my head around the concept of morality, no matter how people tried to explain it. Maybe I wasn't a good listener.

What/who makes me feel good is good, and what/who makes feel bad is bad.

Reactions: Callie Arcale, Tortured_empath and aneurysm
C

Crusader

● I do not live ● ● I exist ●
Mar 6, 2021
far too good - helper syndrom

Reactions: Callie Arcale and Tortured_empath
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
I'm morally perfect as far as I'm concerned.

now some people think of me as a manipulator or a deceiver but I think they just don't get me.

Reactions: Callie Arcale, 262653, Makko and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I don't do any harm to anybody but I gotta admit I'm kinda happy when bad things happen to people I despise lol.
I guess I'm a morally ambiguous guy!

Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
I really don't know. I certainly feel like a bad person often enough, but it's not like I've actually ever hurt anyone. Be that as it may, I'm a cauldron of negative emotions. I'm extremely self-absorbed and I'd be lying if I said I didn't sometimes delight in the sufferings of others. Not only that, but I feel like I can't abide anything that doesn't fall into my own selfishly defined parameters. Doesn't everybody do that though? And then there's my mom who says I'm a good person, but she's my mom. Of course she'd say that.

When it comes down to it, I'm a creature who seems to be utterly incapable of showing/feeling love and affection. What type that does exist for me in my fantasies is totally self-serving. It's all about how the other person can help me, with my problems, and to always be there for me. It's never about how I could actually enrich their life by their knowing me when, in reality, only the opposite could be expected. A ten tonne anchor dragging them down with me, would be more like it. So yeah, I don't feel as if I'm Johnny Rotten per se, but I do feel that what I am just isn't very acceptably decent.

Reactions: Callie Arcale, Tortured_empath and 262653
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Don't know, I think I'm a bit of an edgy anti-hero.

Reactions: Tortured_empath
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I'm a goo person.

N5009b8cf4a742

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale, Tortured_empath and lofticries
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Neutral good in being but true neutral in thought if that makes any sense.

Reactions: Tortured_empath
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
I think the deepest part of me wants to be a good person, and every now and then glimpses of that come to light in action.

But if I separate my life's actions from the thoughts, it demonstrates a mostly selfish person neglecting his duty to fulfill temporary pleasures.

I can say it's not hurting anyone else but it's a hollow excuse.

I feel redeemable and that is always the intent in thought, but it hasn't translated into consistent action to date.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
My mental and physical problems have always made me a burden and a nuissance to everyone in my life, so, on account of that I'd have to say I am a bad person. The world would be a much better place without my footprints in it, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tortured_empath and Skathon
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I'm mostly harmless but things such as sloth and pessimism are considered 'bad' by most people so I guess I'm bad by default

• Hugs
Reactions: Tortured_empath and Callie Arcale
Inkling

Inkling

Mar 10, 2021
Pretty bad, I'm very selfish with my time and priorities, I'm not very prone to taking initiative to help others, and I can be pretty hypocritical regarding certain topics. We're all a bit selfish I suppose, it's just how nature works, but I think that knowing i could be better, but not making any effort towards it, despite knowing this attitude has hurt feelings, makes me a bad person. Don't have much of an intention to fix this either.

Reactions: Tortured_empath and Dr Iron Arc