• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

Alan James

Arcanist
Apr 11, 2019
I have not seen any dreams for a long time, for many years (I don't know exactly when I stopped seeing them). This is one of the symptoms of depression or some other mental illness likely. Do you see dreams?

As a child, I often saw such a strange type of dreams in which I understood that I was sleeping, I changed my dreams entirely, the scene, the plot, the characters automatically just thinking about it and I could not control it and therefore usually could not have watched the dream of the end, because my thoughts erased or changed the whole dream, I just thought about something and it immediately appeared automatically, but I could not control it and my every thought changed everything, it was very chaotic. I often dreamed of some wild nightmares felt as real as reality. But now all this is gone.

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna and Hhhh
Apostle

Apostle

Student
Apr 17, 2019
I continually have dreams of once-important people who I've hurt and are no longer in my life, and dreams of lofty, impossible solutions to my life's problems materializing out of nowhere. It feels like constant mockery of where my life is now, more than anything.

Reactions: FreeFallin
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
For my case its aphantasia. My dreams were never clear. Always blurry always chaotic. Without sound. Complete silent. I have to actually guess what my dream is about by watching it. Funny thing is that I never have nightmare my entire life. Not a single bad dream. Maybe its stress? Maybe its just that you dont remember the dreams.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yeah I usually dream about my childhood home or the area sorrounding it.

I also had an awesome vivid dream over a month ago where I could fly and it was so cool because it was a very vivid dream so I had some control over it and it felt amazing kinda like the Dragon Ball flying power.

T

Tally

Student
Apr 29, 2019
My dreams depend a lot on what drugs I am taking. The ones I hate are the ones where experiences in life are played out in a positive way, and then you wake to find it was a dream. It kind of perversely reinforces the feelings of hopelessness and the disparity between reality and what could have been

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I enjoy dreaming whether the dreams are pleasant or not - I get a huge kick out of the creativity our minds are capable of when our egos go off duty for a few hours. Free movies! I don't always remember them clearly, but that's also true of films/shows I watch when I'm awake, so it seems fair enough.

Hhhh

Hhhh

Exhausted
Apr 6, 2019
I used to NEVER dream, and always felt jealous of the people who were talking about how wild and crazy their dreams were. Dreams like that never happened to me, I only ever blacked out at night and woke up in the morning. Then I discovered sleeping pills and holy shit... Not only I'm finally able to sleep through the whole night, but I also have literal movies in my head. Its unlike anything I've ever experienced and I can't believe I've been missing out on this for so long.

Reactions: Soul and Marz
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Most of my dreams have people in them I've never seen before. I used to wonder as a kid if these people exist somewhere or maybe I knew them in a past life. I also used to wonder if I dreamt about someone in my life if they might be dreaming about me too. It's silly now to think about, but I was a very naive, fantasy-prone child, still am to some extent. I also discovered that I dream in color even though I've always heard that people usually dream in black and white.

A

AutumnEmbers

May 2, 2019
I read that those with low dream recall don't wake as fully between sleep cycles as those with high dream recall. Anxious types (such as myself) tend to wake more fully apparently. Could it just be that you're more relaxed and sleeping more soundly than before?

Personally, I find myself waking from one bad dream after another almost every night. I guess it's not enough that I spend my days in a state of near-constant anxiety, my brain has to torture me while I'm asleep also. Occasionally a good dream will get thrown in there but they always seem to be much shorter than the bad ones (and then of course I have to wake into the nightmare that is my reality).

I also discovered that I dream in color even though I've always heard that people usually dream in black and white.

Interesting. My dreams are always in colour too. I had no idea this was unusual.

Reactions: Circles
betterdayz

betterdayz

Apr 24, 2019
I have not seen any dreams for a long time, for many years (I don't know exactly when I stopped seeing them). This is one of the symptoms of depression or some other mental illness likely. Do you see dreams?

As a child, I often saw such a strange type of dreams in which I understood that I was sleeping, I changed my dreams entirely, the scene, the plot, the characters automatically just thinking about it and I could not control it and therefore usually could not have watched the dream of the end, because my thoughts erased or changed the whole dream, I just thought about something and it immediately appeared automatically, but I could not control it and my every thought changed everything, it was very chaotic. I often dreamed of some wild nightmares felt as real as reality. But now all this is gone.
when I go to bed I think of suicide thoughts and I always have dreams mainly of things related to my real life such as anxiety or being trapped in a small space

Reactions: Help_Me
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
I read that those with low dream recall don't wake as fully between sleep cycles as those with high dream recall. Anxious types (such as myself) tend to wake more fully apparently. Could it just be that you're more relaxed and sleeping more soundly than before?

Personally, I find myself waking from one bad dream after another almost every night. I guess it's not enough that I spend my days in a state of near-constant anxiety, my brain has to torture me while I'm asleep also. Occasionally a good dream will get thrown in there but they always seem to be much shorter than the bad ones (and then of course I have to wake into the nightmare that is my reality).

Interesting. My dreams are always in colour too. I had no idea this was unusual.
Here's an interesting article about it: https://dreamingandsleeping.com/do-people-dream-in-color/

A

Alan James

Arcanist
Apr 11, 2019

I always saw only colored dreams. I did not know that you can see black and white dreams. Some of them were so realistic, difficult to distinguish from reality. But it was a long time ago

Reactions: AutumnEmbers
A

AutumnEmbers

May 2, 2019
Thanks for that, I find the study of dreams and sleep really fascinating. I'm gonna pay close attention to my dreams tonight to see if I really do dream in colour or if I've just been imagining that. I'm pretty sure I do though, for example I'll see the blue of water, the green of trees and grass etc.

Some of them were so realistic, difficult to distinguish from reality.
Some of my dreams are like this. I wish they weren't since they're nearly alway bad.

Reactions: Circles
Monster

Monster

Apr 26, 2019
People usually get worse at lucid dreaming as they get older. It's normal. Everyone has several dreams per night, you just usually only remember one or two, or you might not remember them at all. All totally normal.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I dream in colour, when I dream in images. Sometimes my dreams are just sounds, or concepts. Occasionally I read my dreams, like a newspaper with blurry illustrations in the margins.

JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Thanks for that, I find the study of dreams and sleep really fascinating. I'm gonna pay close attention to my dreams tonight to see if I really do dream in colour or if I've just been imagining that. I'm pretty sure I do though, for example I'll see the blue of water, the green of trees and grass etc.

Some of my dreams are like this. I wish they weren't since they're nearly alway bad.
You're welcome. That's also how I discovered that I dream in color, by remembering the color of the landscapes in my dreams. I always thought it would be nice if we could watch our dreams the next morning like a short film. These days I can't remember my dreams.

Reactions: Soul
A

AutumnEmbers

May 2, 2019
You're welcome. That's also how I discovered that I dream in color, by remembering the color of the landscapes in my dreams. I always thought it would be nice if we could watch our dreams the next morning like a short film. These days I can't remember my dreams.
It would be awesome if we were able to watch our dreams back, especially the good ones. I guess the bad ones might make for good horror films! :D

It's a pity you're no longer able to remember your dreams, assuming they were mostly pleasant.

JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
It would be awesome if we were able to watch our dreams back, especially the good ones. I guess the bad ones might make for good horror films! :D

It's a pity you're no longer able to remember your dreams, assuming they were mostly pleasant.
No, they weren't for the most part, so I guess nothing of value was really lost. Most of them were just confusing. I prefer daydreaming, at least I can control what I'm dreaming about. I'm glad, from the sounds of it, that you're able to remember your good dreams, though.

Reactions: AutumnEmbers
Donewitheverything

Donewitheverything

Ultimate Despair
Apr 8, 2019
I haven't in about a week, but I don't necessarily miss remembering them as most of my dreams were about my ex's abusiveness. I have more nightmares than dreams in general so...