• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

PlasticFace

PlasticFace

My story is in my about me, if you'd like to know.
Feb 16, 2023
Do you regret attempting in the past?

I feel like once you attempt to CTB once, its just becomes a cycle until you finally get it. Of course, the ideal attempt would be successful so there would be no more attempts but what if it did fail?

Been a while since a posted here haha, sorry. Thinking about things, lots of things. So much had happened to me recently!

• Hugs
Reactions: rosepanda, maneose, thebelljarrr and 2 others
Cress

Cress

Experienced
Oct 15, 2023

I feel like once you attempt to CTB once, its just becomes a cycle until you finally get it. Of course, the ideal attempt would be successful so there would be no more attempts but what if it did fail?

Been a while since a posted here haha, sorry. Thinking about things, lots of things. So much had happened to me recently!
No it's not always a cycle until you attempt. Statistically speaking the vast majority of people never attempt again. It's also common for someone to attempt and not do anything for several years.

I do regret my attempts or at least the ones where people know about it. The amount of Ostracizing You get from friends and family is quite intense. Most people don't want to be friends with someone anymore who tried to end their life. It didn't happen right away Some people stayed in contact for a while but eventually they distanced themselves from me.

I did have an ex girlfriend that was painfully honest one time Though. She said "why would I wanna be friends with someone who's just gonna kill themselves."

It hurts but it's the truth I guess.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: abchia, GoatHerder, PlasticFace and 2 others
Trismegistus_13

Trismegistus_13

Refuses to give up hope
Jun 17, 2024
That's a really, really good question I don't think I've really explored internally before. I don't think I do? Maybe I do? I don't know.

To me, knowing what attempting suicide feels like seems like forbidden knowledge. I think I lost some form of innocence I can never get back by doing it to myself. I also feel ashamed about it because I definitely can't openly share it. I also feel like I have a lower emotional reaction to death and the dying process. I have clinicals at a hospital with cancer patients, and my peers all feel it's a really sad floor, but I feel nothing inside. I don't want to seem uncaring.

But, on the other hand, it's part of who I am. It was an inflection point in my life. In some ways, I think it made me stronger. I know if I could survive my attempt, I can survive pretty much anything life can throw at me. In some ways, it makes me appreciate the time I have in life more than I did before because I am very aware of how limited it is.

In short, I have mixed emotions on it. I think it just is, and has both good and bad aspects to it.

• Hugs
Reactions: PlasticFace
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
Yes! All failed attempts made life much worse and increased fear of failure for the next attempt. I would prefer my first attempt being successful or never attempting at all.

Reactions: thebelljarrr
liliths

liliths

Feb 18, 2023
definitely. living with that failure has been the hardest thing in my life, esp since i have not found any chances to make an attempt with a high chance of success since. i envy those who have managed to heal and recover. it feels impossible for me.

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
I regret failing and the increased sense of being a failure but not the fact that I know I've tried and it's what I wanted. Suicide isn't a question mark in my mind.

Last edited:
T

timetodie24

Mage
Apr 14, 2023
I regret failing but I don't regret trying. It only made me more certain it's what I want.

• Hugs
Reactions: CouldaHvBeenARock and Ash
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
No it's not always a cycle until you attempt. Statistically speaking the vast majority of people never attempt again. It's also common for someone to attempt and not do anything for several years.

I do regret my attempts or at least the ones where people know about it. The amount of Ostracizing You get from friends and family is quite intense. Most people don't want to be friends with someone anymore who tried to end their life. It didn't happen right away Some people stayed in contact for a while but eventually they distanced themselves from me.

I did have an ex girlfriend that was painfully honest one time Though. She said "why would I wanna be friends with someone who's just gonna kill themselves."

It hurts but it's the truth I guess.
True, this proves suicidal people are often treated much like criminals or political traitors. If it's not distancing, it's close monitoring where you lose all your right to privacy like a prisoner.

Endless_suffering

Endless_suffering

🤘
Jul 12, 2024
I regret my last one. Mostly because it was so public. I was in a crisis center. And I jumped the fence. I was actually heading to the overpass to jump… but I found a sawzaw along the highway and a minute or so later I heard a cop behind me shouting "drop the knife!" I tried to run towards the overpass but I'd previously been trying to dehydrate myself to death. 3 days without food or water. I was already over halfway thru so I was weak asf. I tripped. One cop procreated into a dozen cops and I had no idea how. They just appeared. I started slashing my wrist, to no avail. It was rusty as hell. I went for my throat. I kept ripping at my throat with the sawzaw. They tased me three times. I kept ripping the tasers out and the looked at me if I were possessed. It wasn't until the third taser hit me in my chest that I stopped cutting at my throat. But they kept tasing me for like an entire minute. Even tho I said "okay okay I give up" they cuffed me then cut the straps to my $80 loungefly backpack. (Very expensive designer backpack) my husband bought it as an anniversary gift even tho we can't afford things like that. They could've removed the backpack then cuffed me but cops are assholes. Ijs. I regret my last attempt mostly because I worry what if children saw what I did? Y'know? Also because they destroyed my favorite backpack 😡 the straps were leather. I still can't bring myself to throw it away. Next time I won't be in public that much I'm positive about. Nowhere cops will think to look for me!! 😡

• Hugs
Reactions: UnrulyNightmare and Ash
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I feel regret over having failed the first time around. I wish I had succeeded, but here I am. I understand that a lot of successful suicides only come after one or several failed attempts, but I still feel like shit for not having succeeded the first time around. The again, my first attempt was real pathetic, lol.

m1dn1ghtmyst3ry

m1dn1ghtmyst3ry

𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓻𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓸 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓳𝓾𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓽
Feb 20, 2024

I regret that I didn't do it when I had the chance

S

sometimesoon

Jul 9, 2024
no because I know I can do it

My attempt failed because I poorly tied the anchor. I passed out and would have been gone otherwise if the anchor didnt' fail. Therefore I know I can do it if I get the anchor properly tied

lovedread

lovedread

Tyra Banks screaming “LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS.”
Jan 2, 2020
Mmm nah. I just regret not keeping my ass laid tf down.