• No

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Hard to explain

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
the witch’s lament

the witch’s lament

Sep 5, 2020
be as honest as you like. is there one person who's no longer in your life that you miss? romantic or otherwise. do you think of them often?

I think of my best friend/bandmate from high school and all the concerts we went to and the nights we spent together. a break up brought him closer to another friend group and we haven't talked in years but we would tell each other everything.

who do you miss? are they missing you too?

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, VIBRITANNIA, WinterFaust and 2 others
Blank Dreamer

Blank Dreamer

Seeker of Dreams
Sep 11, 2020
Yes. More than they will ever know. There was a time that I thought about them every single day. Recent years, not so much. But I still think about them. The impossibility of them being in my life keeps getting bigger. Having a family, so far away.

Maybe at one point they did miss me and thought about me. But I lost that opportunity so many years ago. It doesn't kill me as much as it used to. But I can't move on from it. Nor do I want to.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, WinterFaust, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
My little brothers. I'd give anything to hug them again.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, WinterFaust, Deleted member 4993 and 3 others
ScottPilgram

ScottPilgram

slime guy, xe/xem it/its
Feb 2, 2019
I miss my friend Holly. The FBI ruined her life after she did hacking stuff and she ultimatley ended up killing herself even after her life was starting to look up. She was a trans girl and she was the sweetest most amazing person ever. She brought together so many people and her presence was always welcomed. She'd send me really funny memes too that I always enjoyed. She told me she thought she'd still want to die even if her life got better and she was right I just wish it didn't have to be like that... I hope she's doing better now wherever she is.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Myforevercharlie, WinterFaust and 3 others
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I really miss my former best friend. We stopped hanging out together for a good reason, and a large part of that reason was that he really hurt me and didn't see anything wrong with that. But I miss him anyway. My life just changed irreversibly once we fell apart, our friendship left a hole that can't be filled with anything and I don't seem to connect with anyone else. I'd give anything to turn back time and prevent the situation that drove us apart from happening, but then I think that maybe it had to happen, and that one way or another I had to realize that he doesn't really care about me as a person and accept it.

I really don't think he misses me. I spent a lot of time desperately looking for a sign he does, but he doesn't. After analyzing the whole situation, I noticed that there are actually multiple other people he convinced in sharing some kind of profound connection with him, then just cut out of his life without any visible regret when having those people around became inconvenient. I guess that's just the way he is. Maybe I miss an illusion, a person that never existed...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, WinterFaust, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Yes, so many people from my family have died, I wish I could talk to them, ask them many questions that I didn't ask while they were here, hear their life story and share some drinks with them. It's really hard to accept that you'll never get another chance to do all those things with them, eventually you just forget and try to move on, but that's hard and I know moving on is not possible for some people.

This is why I'm taking my time to CTB. I know how bad it feels to lose someone, specially when they die and there's nothing you can do about it, the feelings of impotence and grief can be devastating. If only there was a way for me to just disappear and never have to hurt someone with my passing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, WinterFaust, the witch’s lament and 1 other person
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I've lost a lot of friends over the years. They always leave, always shut me out. They never tell me. They just stop replying to messages or ignore me when they see me. I don't miss any of them. Now I don't have any friends and I know I'm better off alone.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, WinterFaust, the witch’s lament and 1 other person
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i miss this girl i used to talk to a few years back, or rather, i missed the way she made me feel. she gave me something to look forward to, something to keep living for. life didn't seem so bad.

i was at a pretty shit point in my life, so hearing somebody compliment me like she did made her an angel in my eyes. not only that, i became extremely infatuated with her.

so when i confessed and she understandably didn't return my feelings, i was "heartbroken". i felt as if there was no point in going on. i saw no point in talking to her, and we later broke off our friendship because i finally confessed to not feeling anything towards her anymore. i apologized for my actions, but there's no repairing a friendship like that.

thinking about that, i'm almost glad i don't care about anyone anymore, save for one person. this way, nobody gets hurt. it did feel nice to feel something and to feel loved, though.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, the witch’s lament and Lost in a Dream