N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
When I have manic symtoms I often feel an inner heat. During summer it is pretty difficult to differentiate.
Not sure if this really stems from mania. I also felt it after I crashed from mania into psychotic into severely depressive.
It feels weird. It feels uncomfortable. I often try to concentrate on my breathing when it happens. I try to calm me down. For example by writing in this forum. I am using it like a valve.

• Love
Reactions: FinalDestiny
Cosmic dust

Cosmic dust

Among the stars
Feb 28, 2022
What do you mean inner heat? Do your body feels warmer inside? Any especific body part? Do you sweat more because of it?

I only feel some stuff in my head, headaches and sometimes a burnout feeling, that is probably caused mostly by stress from my job and trivial day to day issues.

FinalDestiny

FinalDestiny

God’s in his heaven. All’s right with the world.
May 30, 2022
I've never put mind to this myself but usually I feel very warm / heated up myself.
Now that you've mentioned it like this, it is an "inner heat".

It starts in my chest and works it's way up to my head where it turns into a migraine.
For myself, I always attributed it to being my body reacting by getting flustered and anger causing me to tense up a lot.

I usually find that the best method is to cry it out or just let the anger consume me until I am unable to be angry anymore. By the time I'm calm again I'm either exhausted or have a migraine and can usually fall asleep pretty quickly.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
What do you mean inner heat? Do your body feels warmer inside? Any especific body part? Do you sweat more because of it?

I only feel some stuff in my head, headaches and sometimes a burnout feeling, that is probably caused mostly by stress from my job and trivial day to day issues.
It is difficult to describe. The feeling is I think the strongest in my head. I think my ears are sometimes even red when I am very excited/ manic. I don't sweat more. It feels intensive and I am in a high-alert state of mind.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I feel fake heat as a part of my psychosis. I feel it on different parts of my body at times

Cosmic dust

Cosmic dust

Among the stars
Feb 28, 2022
It is difficult to describe. The feeling is I think the strongest in my head. I think my ears are sometimes even red when I am very excited/ manic. I don't sweat more. It feels intensive and I am in a high-alert state of mind.

Hmm... I think I have felt it many times, but never paid much attention to it or to any patterns, never related it to anything especific, even because it can mix with other symptons I described. I remember times, for example, when I noticed that my ears were very hot.

VirtualSnow

VirtualSnow

who knows
May 21, 2022
Actually relatable, it comes with some sort of aggressiveness and/or anger, and it might come at any given moment. It's starting to become a pretty serious problem.

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Anyone get fever symptoms when they're feeling more depressed than usual?