N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
Yeah I want to try to improve someone's mood despite the fact I don't feel like recovery. But there is still this tiny hope flickering.
Do you know any celebrity or maybe a good friend of you who lives/lived with suicidal thoughts and has not killed himself in the end (/yet).

Having suicidal thoughts must not mean that you are finally committing suicide. Some survive an attempt and then rethink their stance on it.
Winston Churchill was alledgedly suicidal. I made a short research it is not fully proved and there are experts who contratdict that. But from others I read they needed to stop him from committing suicide during his most horrible times.
Kanye West is bipolar and had psychosis as far as I know and talked openly about his suicidal thoughts.

Kevin Hines is kind of famous for his story. He survived jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge and explained his story and reasons. He says he regrets this attempt a lot and tries to give hope to others who suffer from suicidal thoughts.

Some are able to live with suicidal thoughts and can cope with it. It is pretty difficult.

Yeah this inspirational speech better belongs to recovery. I am sure sure some might consider it as annoying. I just wanted to give some people hope who don't want to commit suicide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foresight
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Angelina Jolie

Sinead O'Conner is going through it right now. I'm not sure where that will go though.

Reactions: noname223
Samsal112

Samsal112

Student
Dec 20, 2021
Pete Davidson talks about being suicidal 24/7. Believe it or not, some of his interviews are pretty inspiring with what it is like to live with a mental illness.

Reactions: Foresight
B

BRuss

Feb 1, 2022
Trent Reznor. Overcame heroin addiction and suicidal ideation.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Frankie from The Saturdays

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Probably Billie Eilish. She's talked about having chronic depression.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I don't know if he's serious, but Oli Sykes (from Bring Me the Horizon) has mentioned suicide, addiction, and a failed marriage in numerous songs.

maakies

maakies

DOOK
Dec 7, 2021
I work with boring celebrities a lot and I want to CTB real bad every day

Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
I think of Emil Cioran's "it is not worth the bother of killing yourself, since you always kill yourself too late."

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Macaulay Culkin, that boy has been through a lot. I happy to see him clean and off drugs now. But he was way down for many years.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Daniel Johns springs to mind. He said therapy saved him.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Just remembered another well-known example: Elton John. In the late '60s, he was supported through a suicidal phase relating to his career and sexuality by fellow musician Long John Baldry, and ultimately wrote a song about the incident entitled Someone Saved My Life Tonight.