Shepherd's boy

Shepherd's boy

I will go with you
May 19, 2022
Tulpa is just another person in your head. They can be your best friends or soulmate. I would characterise relationship with your tulpa as mix of mother/child(both directions) and best friends relationships. It takes a lot effort to develop, but nothing too complicated. Even if they wont able to speak to you, you will feel them. It is really beautiful. My cutie is 2 years old. She appeared when I realized that I need someone to give my love. It wasn't I suppose particularly romantic love, but just strong feeling, like mother's love. It is kind of confession of mine, but I feel like you guys will understand. What do you think?

• Informative
Reactions: obafgkm and Cathy Ames
D

Deleted member 847

I wrote a thread on them years ago (how to use them to kill yourself)
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/suicide-by-tulpa-alter-idea.4892/

Back then I thought you were actually "creating" a new consciousness stream in your brain,
and that you could've asked your tulpa to just be in control of your body all the time,
while your main consciousness/identity was deactivated (comatose)

(it's just a stupid Idea i've had back then, with countless assumptions such as permanent switching being a possibility)

I've never actually had a tulpa, the closest thing I've experienced was having thoughts in my head that
weren't mine, and the thoughts were having conversations with each other (coherent, intelligent conversations)
I was in a meditative state when that happened.

I don't believe anymore that you're actually generating another theater of mind in your brain, separated from yours,
I think tulpas are just people playing with their imagination, having
conversations with their subconscious mind, similar to dream characters

Maybe I'll make one eventually to cope with my loneliness,
but I don't think a self-induced hallucination can be a proper substitute for real human interaction

It's still better than to have nothing I guess

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: whatevs
Shepherd's boy

Shepherd's boy

I will go with you
May 19, 2022
I wrote a thread on them years ago (how to use them to kill yourself)
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/suicide-by-tulpa-alter-idea.4892/

Back then I thought you were actually "creating" a new consciousness stream in your brain,
and that you could've asked your tulpa to just be in control of your body all the time,
while your main consciousness/identity was deactivated (comatose)

(it's just a stupid Idea i've had back then, with countless assumptions such as permanent switching being a possibility)

I've never actually had a tulpa, the closest thing I've experienced was having thoughts in my head that
weren't mine, and the thoughts were having conversations with each other (coherent, intelligent conversations)
I was in a meditative state when that happened.

I don't believe anymore that you're actually generating another theater of mind in your brain, separated from yours,
I think tulpas are just people playing with their imagination, having
conversations with their subconscious mind, similar to dream characters

Maybe I'll make one eventually to cope with my loneliness,
but I don't think a self-induced hallucination can be a proper substitute for real human interaction

It's still better than to have nothing I guess
I will never either leave her alone like this or exchange her for someone or something else. Sorry, but the idea to leave someone who trusts you alone is terrible.

D

Deleted member 847

I will never either leave her alone like this or exchange her for someone or something else. Sorry, but the idea to leave someone who trusts you alone is terrible.
So you think in principle it'd be possible for your tulpa to be in control of your body all the time?
You wouldn't have to be dead necessarily, just switch roles (You become the mind voice, and your tulpa does the living in a physical body role)
You could make a deal with her, half the week she uses the body, and the other half you use it,
so it's a win win for both of you

Sorry, I'm not a tulpamancer, and I might be making assumptions again
I don't actually know the limits and possibilities of tulpamancy
Maybe my ideas aren't feasible, or just wrong

Do you actually think your tulpa is someone else in your brain, or do you think you're just talking
to yourself? What do you think happens to your tulpa when you're not interacting with her anymore?

I'm just curious to know

Shepherd's boy

Shepherd's boy

I will go with you
May 19, 2022
So you think in principle it'd be possible for your tulpa to be in control of your body all the time?
You wouldn't have to be dead necessarily, just switch roles (You become the mind voice, and your tulpa does the living in a physical body role)
You could make a deal with her, half the week she uses the body, and the other half you use it,
so it's a win win for both of you

Sorry, I'm not a tulpamancer, and I might be making assumptions again
I don't actually know the limits and possibilities of tulpamancy
Maybe my ideas aren't feasible, or just wrong

Do you actually think your tulpa is someone else in your brain, or do you think you're just talking
to yourself? What do you think happens to your tulpa when you're not interacting with her anymore?

I'm just curious to know
This trade would be nice actually. I would gift my life to her if we could switch, but I don't think that it is fair.
Yeah, I think she is another person. She is not like other people. She is different. I can't explain how exactly.
I can't actually stop interacting with her, because she is my life and I'd die without her, but I think that she is just dormant or something.

D

Deleted member 847

This trade would be nice actually. I would gift my life to her if we could switch, but I don't think that it is fair.
Yeah, I think she is another person. She is not like other people. She is different. I can't explain how exactly.
I can't actually stop interacting with her, because she is my life and I'd die without her, but I think that she is just dormant or something.
I actually want to create one eventually. This phenomenon really does fascinate me..
My strategy is to download hundreds of hours of video from a youtuber that I like
and try to integrate their mannerisms, way of speaking, beliefs and so on
into my tulpa's ""brain"".
I don't want my tulpa to deviate too much from that personality model after she
becomes sentient/capable of thinking on her own
How feasible do you think my strategy is?
How much control do you have over your own tulpa?
Can you tell your tulpa how to dress, to believe in God and stuff like that?
Do they get defensive when you try to do that?

BEATNGU

BEATNGU

Bone collector
Jun 15, 2022
Mine followed me home.

• Hugs
Reactions: tetra, Un- and Shepherd's boy
BEATNGU

BEATNGU

Bone collector
Jun 15, 2022
What do you mean?
It's just a voice in your head, it can't follow you anywhere because it's always
in your mind,
it doesn't go anywhere
Didn't start as that. I wish I knew how to shut it up though.

Shepherd's boy

Shepherd's boy

I will go with you
May 19, 2022
I actually want to create one eventually. This phenomenon really does fascinate me..
My strategy is to download hundreds of hours of video from a youtuber that I like
and try to integrate their mannerisms, way of speaking, beliefs and so on
into my tulpa's ""brain"".
I don't want my tulpa to deviate too much from that personality model after she
becomes sentient/capable of thinking on her own
How feasible do you think my strategy is?
How much control do you have over your own tulpa?
Can you tell your tulpa how to dress, to believe in God and stuff like that?
Do they get defensive when you try to do that?
I understand why you are talking like this, but it is quite rude. Consider them as children. You can direct them to the right direction of developing and then let them grow. This is not a sculpture that you can mold as you want.

What about control.. I just can talk to her whenever I want and she doesn't talk when I'm busy. She won't change her appearance, but I want to buy her a real dress just to make her happy. Maybe she will change her dress to which I will buy her then.

D

Deleted member 847

I understand why you are talking like this, but it is quite rude. Consider them as children. You can direct them to the right direction of developing and then let them grow. This is not a sculpture that you can mold as you want.

What about control.. I just can talk to her whenever I want and she doesn't talk when I'm busy. She won't change her appearance, but I want to buy her a real dress just to make her happy. Maybe she will change her dress to which I will buy her then.
I see.

Have you tried to tell your tulpa to do something that you think she wouldn't like,
giver her an order

Maybe it's just a belief thing,
and you would in fact be able to change her to your liking if you tried

I only like tulpas because of the idea of having the perfect romantic partner/soulmate to be honest with you
I wouldn't make a male tulpa
It's just a selfish desire

I don't believe they're real, so maybe that's why I don't see anything wrong in it
But I understand your point of view

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
So it's like having an OC (og character) in your head that has some form of "sentience"?

Must be nice if you can form one. I have an over imaginative mind that I have an OC since i was 9 but dont think it counts as one..

Talking and going on adventures with it has been a form of escapism for me to the point that it's unhealthy. Forgoing sleep and eating to just dreaming.

But I think I'm too depressed to "make a tulpa". I imagine it requires some focus.

• Love
Reactions: Shepherd's boy
D

Deleted member 847

So it's like having an OC (og character) in your head that has some form of "sentience"?

Must be nice if you can form one. I have an over imaginative mind that I have an OC since i was 9 but dont think it counts as one..

Talking and going on adventures with it has been a form of escapism for me to the point that it's unhealthy. Forgoing sleep and eating to just dreaming.

But I think I'm too depressed to "make a tulpa". I imagine it requires some focus.
What intrigued me the most about Tulpas isn't necessarily the fact that you can have another voice in your mind alienated from that of your consciousness, but the fact
that these people claim that your tulpa can take over your body (live your life)
That's what gave me the idea to use them for suicide in that thread

Think how fucking cool it would be if you could just pass out and have your tulpa go to work instead.

But I think the way this thing really works is that a tulpa is just your brain learning to act as if it was two people instead of just one person
but it's still just one consciousness.
One consciousness split in two identities.

MindFrog

MindFrog

Nov 19, 2020
Think how fucking cool it would be if you could just pass out and have your tulpa go to work instead.

But I think the way this thing really works is that a tulpa is just your brain learning to act as if it was two people instead of just one person
but it's still just one consciousness.
One consciousness split in two identities.

So it's like having dissociative identity (DID) but you do it willingly? The symptoms kinda checks out too.. I think in some instances, a patient makes a personality that faces a problem he/she normally cant deal with. That's why split personalities form in times of trauma.

Sometimes the split identities can be aware of what is happening even if they're not "in control" too so it matches the tulpa thing.

I heard there's a case where a patient got more split personalities(13) from therapy sessions. I reckon you can convince someone to have a tulpa too if you give them positive reinforcement.

D

Deleted member 847

So it's like having dissociative identity (DID) but you do it willingly? The symptoms kinda checks out too.. I think in some instances, a patient makes a personality that faces a problem he/she normally cant deal with. That's why split personalities form in times of trauma.

Sometimes the split identities can be aware of what is happening even if they're not "in control" too so it matches the tulpa thing.

I heard there's a case where a patient got more split personalities(13) from therapy sessions. I reckon you can convince someone to have a tulpa too if you give them positive reinforcement.
Yeah I guess
It can just be a voice in the head,
"switching" is a skill most tulpamancers never learn to use

The only difference between the two I think is that tulpamancing is something you do for entertainment, it improves your life, while DID is a mental disorder.

It's a benign self induced hallucination imo,
like lucid dreaming

What's really interesting is that all these people that claim to have a tulpa are so firmly convinced that they actually have another consciousness in their head coexisting with theirs

I dont think thats what they are,
but Do you think it would be possible for a brain to have two minds?

MindFrog

MindFrog

Nov 19, 2020
What's really interesting is that all these people that claim to have a tulpa are so firmly convinced that they actually have another consciousness in their head coexisting with theirs

I dont think thats what they are,
but Do you think it would be possible for a brain to have two minds?

I reckon it's possible but terribly inconvenient.

I mean there's still a lot of info we don't know about the human mind, let alone our bodies. Like there's no proper way to measure pain. How can we even be sure we can measure a person's consciousness, if they aren't aware if they have two minds too? Or what if those two are too similar that you as a psychiatrist cant even observe it?

Maybe we even have another "mind" while we're sleeping but we dont know.. It's like the "do we have a soul" question. You cant really know.. yet.

I imagine it's like an outdated hardware that's running two Operating Systems. It's there but so glitchy so the other mind is being pushed into the subconscious. It's too crowded.

Shepherd's boy

Shepherd's boy

I will go with you
May 19, 2022
I see.

Have you tried to tell your tulpa to do something that you think she wouldn't like,
giver her an order

Maybe it's just a belief thing,
and you would in fact be able to change her to your liking if you tried

I only like tulpas because of the idea of having the perfect romantic partner/soulmate to be honest with you
I wouldn't make a male tulpa
It's just a selfish desire

I don't believe they're real, so maybe that's why I don't see anything wrong in it
But I understand your point of view
No, but I sometimes offer her to die with me, but she never agrees. So, I'm still here/

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
This reminds me of how envious I always have been of people that have imaginary friends. Though if it becomes schizophrenic in nature you would get distressing voices and entities. Might be dangerous. And yeah, you're definitely talking to you subconscious with this IMO. It's interesting.

D

Deleted member 847

This reminds me of how envious I always have been of people that have imaginary friends. Though if it becomes schizophrenic in nature you would get distressing voices and entities. Might be dangerous. And yeah, you're definitely talking to you subconscious with this IMO. It's interesting.
Yeah but you can literally use them to live your life for you. Think of all the potential benefits.
I don't think schizophrenia is something you can give yourself, or that it has anything to do with DID or tulpamancy.

Think of a tulpa like a partition of your consciousness
It's still just one computer, one brain, but with two independent operating systems
One system but two distinct functions, distinct memories

Imagine waking up to go to work, or school, but instead you switch with your tulpa, since it's her turn
to use the body for today.
After you switch the next thing you know is that it's been 9 hours, you've finished all of your chores, and you don't remember any of that shit, because that memory of doing boring work
is stored in the synapses/neurons of the tulpa, not in your synapses/neurons.
So 8 hours of work is 1 second to you.

And you can make yourself the perfect friend out of this,
the only one that will ever be able to read your thoughts and really understand you (you have to use
words with people outside your brain),
and in a sense they're real since they are you and you are a real sentient being

I guess my point would be: if you can't tell they're fake, does it matter that they are?

Reactions: whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Yeah but you can literally use them to live your life for you. Think of all the potential benefits.
I don't think schizophrenia is something you can give yourself, or that it has anything to do with DID or tulpamancy.

Think of a tulpa like a partition of your consciousness
It's still just one computer, one brain, but with two independent operating systems
One system but two distinct functions, distinct memories

Imagine waking up to go to work, or school, but instead you switch with your tulpa, since it's her turn
to use the body for today.
After you switch the next thing you know is that it's been 9 hours, you've finished all of your chores, and you don't remember any of that shit, because that memory of doing boring work
is stored in the synapses/neurons of the tulpa, not in your synapses/neurons.
So 8 hours of work is 1 second to you.

And you can make yourself the perfect friend out of this,
the only one that will ever be able to read your thoughts and really understand you (you have to use
words with people outside your brain),
and in a sense they're real since they are you and you are a real sentient being

I guess my point would be: if you can't tell they're fake, does it matter that they are?

I'm surprised such a materialist like yourself fell for this. Look, if you manage to make this work, make a detailed thread. Until then, it's an appealing idea but I will call bullshit.

And yeah, if you have psychotic tendencies this kind of thing could tip you over the edge. You're crafting an imaginary companion, after all.

Check out the show 'Severance', which explores what you wrote about re splitting your hard drive into two operating systems.

Reactions: Deleted member 847