Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
Like when they ask me what I want to do in the future I always reply with "I wanna die" or "I'm going to kms" and I always laugh it off wit them. I don't think any of them really know that I'm serious? Have any of your friends realised there was something up with you?
Don't get me wrong, my friends are lovely people but they are always the type to joke about depression and refer to them as "emos" .It makes me kind of sad how nowadays people struggling with mental health are now seen as jokes or "cringe" ,it makes me feel embarrassed to be like this

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, peace_van, DeadlineDialer and 4 others
SpencerSees

SpencerSees

I used to be blind, but now i see
Feb 22, 2023
Oh yea all the time! Especially with the one person in my life who actually has an account here (heyyy). I think most of them take it as some sorta joke, which is good cuz id hate to bum them out or get my plans ruined. But you can't always be miserable even if misery is all you feel. It's all so absurd you just gotta laugh lol

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: DeadlineDialer, loopdaloop, Sunoo and 1 other person
T

TheSuicidalLlama

Oct 10, 2023
I impulsively tried to kill myself by jumping from a fourth floor 4 years ago and I somehow only broke my ankle. Months or even a year later, I would joke about my attempt so my family and friends thought about it as something from the past but I stopped joking about my attempt because I started developing with time chronic pain in my spine, and craniocervical instability and neurological symptoms because of it, so it wasn't that funny to me anymore lol.

Since then, the situations that made me try to kill myself have only gotten worse and my ability to deal with them is compromised by my chronic pain, so I've decided have patience to get all the information and resources available to choose how to kill myself properly this time and do it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, peace_van, DeadlineDialer and 4 others
TheSource

TheSource

From the Divine we came, to the Divine we return.
Sep 25, 2023
Before I cut them off (CTBing soon and they don't need to be a part of that), anytime they'd give me a minor inconvenience I'd tell them I was putting them in my suicide note or it was my 13th reason or something.

Ex)
*Friend sends me a video of a dog licking a window really weirdly*
Friend: "That's you."
Me: "I'm mentioning you by name in my suicide note."
Friend: *Flirtaciously bites lip*

Anyway, I was obviously joking about writing them as the cause of my CTB. But I think they knew I wasn't joking about suicide, since they were the ones who got me into the psych ward for an attempt from a mental breakdown back in May.

They did their best to talk me down, and it did help sometimes, but I'm just too far gone. So I cut them off on account of my mental health. They told me they hope I get better soon and not to do anything rash (my decision is far from impulsive, though), but I think we all know how my story is ending.

My CTB date is next week. Whenever I see a suicide meme, I always want to send it to them and say "Me soon." But they don't need to know. And I don't want to get sent back to the hospital.

• Hugs
Reactions: MiMif and Praestat_Mori
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
Yes, I do joke about killing myself with my friends. I think they do know that I am in pain and that I am really considering it. However, they probably think that I will never actually do it, and that it stays as a joke. Too bad for them, I guess.

My CTB date is next week. Whenever I see a suicide meme, I always want to send it to them and say "Me soon." But they don't need to know.
I feel the exact same. I want to share it with my friends because it's funny to me, but probably not to them, lol.

• Love
Reactions: Sunoo and TheSource
Jamesun

Jamesun

I'm just a person
Feb 23, 2022
I usually make jokes about it, although my friends know how I normally feel and they certainly worry a little, although they don't mind me joking about it, maybe they think I will never do it or I am certainly afraid of it.

dazed_dreamer

dazed_dreamer

at the end of everything, hold on to anything
Sep 21, 2023
Not anymore, my friends now don't really joke like that, I think it'd just make them worry.
I joked like this when I was younger, but it ended up getting me in some hot water. Tldr I made some suicide jokes at school to classmates I didn't know as well, who told their parents, who told school admin, who contacted my parents. Nothing super serious came out of it; at the time, my personality clashed greatly with the caricature of a depressed, suicidal person (bubbly, high-achiever, leader, firm Christian--I went to a Christian school). There wasn't strong intention behind the jokes at the time, at that point I wasn't seriously considering killing myself, but I was definitely struggling. After that, I'd occasionally make jokes with my other depressed friends, it's a nice way to cope and get some needed attention as a mentally ill 14 year old without a therapist, but I stopped after I started becoming aware of attention-seeking aspect and hating myself for it.
I think it'd just immediately raise red flags if I did that now, I don't come across as mentally stable like I used too, lmao. And I'm a bit old for that now too, I think

B

bored2death

Aug 9, 2023
i used to, but like above i dont want to upset them. i dont think most people understand the relief and freedom ctb represents

haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
No, tbh i try to hide it as much as i can as well as my mental health. I dont think anyone irl could believe im suicidal even if i would told them.

Starry2He

Starry2He

Talking Corpse
Oct 8, 2023
A couple weeks ago when i was feeling particularly down i was firing off a lot of "concerning" ctb "jokes" at work, none of my coworkers or friends really asked if i was okay or anything, just kinda scurried away and ignored me. Really made me realize how little people cared about me haha

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I joke about it with just about anyone I can....not the best idea

N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
I joke with my friends about suicide. One of them even did some pretty edgy ones. However I am never butthurt because I know they have good intentions and mean well. Sometimes I also make edgy jokes about their lives. Two of them know my suicide plans and I am transparent in front of them. I am not fully convinced they won't panic when I actually do it. But they promised me not to intervene for example by telling it to my parents.

A

ApostleOfPain

Oct 12, 2023
Before I cut them off (CTBing soon and they don't need to be a part of that), anytime they'd give me a minor inconvenience I'd tell them I was putting them in my suicide note or it was my 13th reason or something.

Ex)
*Friend sends me a video of a dog licking a window really weirdly*
Friend: "That's you."
Me: "I'm mentioning you by name in my suicide note."
Friend: *Flirtaciously bites lip*

Anyway, I was obviously joking about writing them as the cause of my CTB. But I think they knew I wasn't joking about suicide, since they were the ones who got me into the psych ward for an attempt from a mental breakdown back in May.

They did their best to talk me down, and it did help sometimes, but I'm just too far gone. So I cut them off on account of my mental health. They told me they hope I get better soon and not to do anything rash (my decision is far from impulsive, though), but I think we all know how my story is ending.

My CTB date is next week. Whenever I see a suicide meme, I always want to send it to them and say "Me soon." But they don't need to know. And I don't want to get sent back to the hospital.
Damn, yeah I do the 13th reason thing too. Although, my close friends stopped finding it funny after I actually failed an attempt and now they just look concerned everytime so I do my best not to make them anymore.