N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
When I was a kid or early teenager age I watched a lot of bullshit. Sometimes I watched extreme trash TV and people made fun of me due to that. This bullying has caused that I am now extreme on education. Though sometimes I read in my news magazines about trash content. I really don't spend much time on it. Just to leave some remarks when I do small talk with other people. Yeah I am obsessed what an impression I leave to other people. And surprising people with the knowledge of trash TV is kind of funny to me. Very seldom I read yellow press. My parents had this is as main source for political information this kind of shaped me as an adolescent.

I am not sure whether you could classify it as trash TV but I am kind of interested in the Depp vs Heard process. I love DFW's E Unibus Pluram but I am too stupid to understand it fully. I once made a long thread about it. It is not really a criticism of trash TV rather about mainstream popular series of the 80s or comedy shows like Letterman. How the liberal elites feel superior and behave arrogantly when they write their columns in the newspapers about it. I try not to become arrogant in the same way but I can't reach that state. The criticism of him is insanely intricate and witty. Though it is not really fitting completely to the title of this thread because it is not exactly about trash TV.

Maybe I should be more precise what I consider as trash TV. I think I have become more negative about TV shows since I quitted most of them. I now consider more of them now as trash. I don't know the equivalents in other countries. But we have a lot of bullshit and inhuman trash TV in our country. I think many use prejudices and stereotypes to entertain the audience. DFW made an interesting point on that. This is not really the fault of the content it is rather entrenched in our human nature to feel attracted to superficial enjoyment.

Have you ever watched trash TV? As an adult I recognize that many of them are inhuman and portraying a disgusting view about the human nature. Many of them make fun of people with low IQ or really insecure people. It is all about the outer appearance and models quit their school for trying to become a supermodel. Celebrities eating animal shit and voyeurs can make fun of them. There is song from a German band which I love. I paraphrase it. "You enjoy watching RTL (German TV station for trash TV) because the people there are even more stupid than you." My mom watches this trash TV and really disliked the lyrics but I always had to laugh. Yeah as I said I am not good at avoiding of becoming arrogant. Lol

Last edited:
CTBgenuine

CTBgenuine

Student
Mar 27, 2022
Same! My TV is permanently on and my hobby is the TV lol. I've learnt more from television than I did at school

Reactions: DynamicDepression
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I can't stomach TV anymore in general. Supposedly we're living in a golden age of television here in the US. That's what everyone says. I think the appeal is missing for me. Maybe it's just because I'm depressed and alienated.

• Wow
Reactions: DynamicDepression and lofticries
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't enjoy the trashiest tv shows like Reality Tv or whatever but I do watch a lot of cartoons so it's probably not that much better.

Reactions: DynamicDepression
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
I can't stomach TV anymore in general. Supposedly we're living in a golden age of television here in the US. That's what everyone says. I think the appeal is missing for me. Maybe it's just because I'm depressed and alienated.
The "golden age of television"? I need to know what these people are smoking.

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I dislike TV generally but love true crime on YouTube. Not sure if that counts. Here in the UK we had our golden age of TV in the 1970's lol.

I used to enjoy the Jeremy Kyle show. Definitely a guilty pleasure, especially in the light of what went down. It was axed after a contestant ctb. Watching ppl who are dumber than we are for entertainment (and to feel smug) is pretty much normal I reckon. You just have to look at the ratings for shows like Dr Phil and Gerry Springer.

Last edited: