• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

Mindopali

Jun 30, 2019
As the title suggests, I'm all for the short drop hanging and I have the material:
- Solide rope,
- Strong beams to attach the rope to,
- Can do it standing, sitting or prone, heck, I could do th full suspension but that one scares me.

But I have two big problems: discomfort and courage.

I do have a few tips for the discomfort, in my case, the upper part of the throat (as in, over the adam's apple), is horrible to work with. The lower half is way better. Padding the throat before applying the rope also reduces discomfort in spade, but it's not enough. Whenever I put some weight on it, I start coughing massively and the irritation is horrible. The coughing is so problematic I have to loosen the cord just to make it stop.

That being said, after several times, I sometimes manage to get trough it and don't cough so much. That's when the other problem comes in, I can't lower myself. Not because it's physically impossible, but I'm unable to put enough slack in my legs for the weight to do it's work.

Does anyone have advices on how I could either reduce the discomfort, or how I could force my way trough and put more weight on the rope?

(Secundary question I'm just thinking about: I read that you can do it with a metal ring or carabineer to reduce discomfort, but I don't get how it works, any ideas?)

Reactions: Circles and Ivenocare
Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
Do you mean more pressure? If so, maybe folded socks on artery area. I can't remember if I tried that.

W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
When placing the rope under your adams apple

How do you get the rope to stay in place? It always moves up for me

Love and kindness

Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
When placing the rope under your adams apple

How do you get the rope to stay in place? It always moves up for me

Love and kindness
For me, I would lean forward and not down; as long as you have pressure on arteries you should be fine. The problem I have had though is: my arteries are under adams apple as well, but I cannot pass out even after 20 secs and fuzzy warm feeling... wait actually I have passed out for about 3secs BUT because of the awkward angle, I believe the pressure is removed to do my body falling down, thus making me wake up after a few secs.

T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
The lower part of your neck may be more comfortable but with the padding as well I'd think most of the pressure would be on the jugulars. This causes more discomfort and takes much longer to pass out. Going for the carotid, done easiest above the Adam's apple, will make you pass out in around 15 seconds and make the weight issue take care of itself. Practice finding the carotid and how you can put more pressure there.

Edit: I'm now seeing others find the points to be lower so ignore that part of my post

W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
For me, I would lean forward and not down; as long as you have pressure on arteries you should be fine. The problem I have had though is: my arteries are under adams apple as well, but I cannot pass out even after 20 secs and fuzzy warm feeling... wait actually I have passed out for about 3secs BUT because of the awkward angle, I believe the pressure is removed to do my body falling down, thus making me wake up after a few secs.

Can you talk more about your experience of when you did pass out? Where was the rope, what position were you in. How much of your body weight was against the rope (if that makes sense)

Also did you experience pain?

Thanks

Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
Can you talk more about your experience of when you did pass out? Where was the rope, what position were you in. How much of your body weight was against the rope (if that makes sense)

Also did you experience pain?

Thanks
My body convulsed for about 10-20secs (which is a little scary) I then was in a dream like state... kinda like daydreaming? I seen lots of weird things like lol I was watching something on tv and it was one of the last things I remembered/dreamed of. I was using a long stretchy like material (which isn't recommended) it is like a thin scarf, and it was on my clothes hanger. I had about 3 ft of it stretched out forward and I let go of all my weight, I would then lift up my arms as I do this every time, it seems to open up neck muscles? and then I would feel fuzzy and warm faster this way, but again the problem lies with keeping pressure on neck once passed out, perhaps making it a slight tourniquet? And lastly no it was not painful one bit only scary, and frusterating from failures of not passing out. Also be careful with loudness of convulsions and with weakness of body; I lost all control once and all my weight fell on my left leg.

Reactions: Dawn0071111, whyidon'tknow and Thanatos
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
My body convulsed for about 10-20secs (which is a little scary) I then was in a dream like state... kinda like daydreaming? I seen lots of weird things like lol I was watching something on tv and it was one of the last things I remembered/dreamed of. I was using a long stretchy like material (which isn't recommended) it is like a thin scarf, and it was on my clothes hanger. I had about 3 ft of it stretched out forward and I let go of all my weight, I would then lift up my arms as I do this every time, it seems to open up neck muscles? and then I would feel fuzzy and warm faster this way, but again the problem lies with keeping pressure on neck once passed out, perhaps making it a slight tourniquet? And lastly no it was not painful one bit only scary, and frusterating from failures of not passing out. Also be careful with loudness of convulsions and with weakness of body; I lost all control once and all my weight fell on my left leg.

I've made myself pass out before and had a similar experience. It's similar to a dream but not quite the same.

Were you and in a standing position and then you let your weight go? Never heard of lifting up ones arms before but I will try that.

Thanks

Reactions: Ivenocare
Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
Yeah I had a weird spiritual like experience and seen something and felt it touch my hand (could be a delusion of a dying brain?) so that is why I started rising my hands each time and it ended up helping lol. Yeah, the dream thing is weird. I was standing and let go of my weight, so my whole body was pushed forward, not down, well kinda down, more like slanted angle if you get that, it is weird to explain for some reason.
I've made myself pass out before and had a similar experience. It's similar to a dream but not quite the same.

Were you and in a standing position and then you let your weight go? Never heard of lifting up ones arms before but I will try that.

Thanks

Reactions: whyidon'tknow
M

Mindopali

Jun 30, 2019
To be clear:

I read several pages about hanging, where the pass out point is for every person (over or under adam's apple) is very variable. In short: test to see what works best for you.

As for the rope slipping, that depends on the way you hang yourself. If you do partial, you can tilt your head forward, bend the knees, and instead off "falling" in a straight line, let yourself fall forward, that does the trick to keep the rope in place.

I should try with more padding, see what that does. But after a retry, I still have a "block" to put more weight on it.

Reactions: theguineapigking, Ivenocare and whyidon'tknow
M

Mindopali

Jun 30, 2019
So, I made a few tries with a carabineer, I think I'm getting the gist of it, but it's perfectible and I haven't found proper instruction.
Basically, the carabineer is in front of the throat (with some padding), you make two loops on it with the rope, put the loops on opposite sides, pull on the loose part of the rope to accomodate the head. It does put some more pressure on the side of the throat, but I'm not sure if it's that efficient. I'll test it some more.

Deivis

Deivis

Seul contre tous
Jul 23, 2018
I think if any of you have a thin neck (thinner than average) and you slide down, your neck muscles are getting hard and activated and this completely shields your carotids.

You won't penetrate this shield because the harder you try, the harder and stiffer your neck becomes.

The only way is to remove all the pressure from the painful spots (throat), relax the muscles, and project the force on the target spots. The throat should be coated with twice as much padding (more is better) and you have to make
two big "bulges" against the carotids. Look around what materials are available to you. A rolled-up towel, a cloth..

I'm in the same shit boat. It doesnt work no matter how hard I try. The rule of thumb: if it's not doable within a few tries, it gonna be hard. Maybe completely impossible unless too drunk / desensitized. You've got the wrong anatomy (so do I)...

M

Mindopali

Jun 30, 2019
I do have a thin neck, but I'm less concerned with the "wrong anatomy" part. I'm a physiotherapist, I know enough about muscles that it's not the muscle acting against the rope that stop the hanging from happening, and if you have a fat throat, it doesn't change much about sensibility. As a matter of fact, it's easier to cut blood off with a thiner neck, because with padding you can choose how thick your neck will end up being. Others. As for muscles stiffing up, It happens always, it doesn't make it impossible, there would be no such thing as partial hanging if it did.

But finding the sweet spot (be it where to place the rope or how much padding works) and getting trough the fear, that's the hard part.

That being said, if you really can't with hanging, the night night method is close, not hard to do, and just for you: doesn't have the stiff muscles problem.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/the-night-night-method-mega-thread.6834/

M

Mindopali

Jun 30, 2019
Quick update on the night-night method: Gave it a try as I have the ressources for it (physio-belt and strapings instead of cushion).
Without much attention to details I had a certain dizziness and strong reaction to it. Most importantly, There's even less fear in it than hanging.
Should be a pretty good alternative for anyone having trouble with hanging.

• Hugs
SoyImbecilaburrido

SoyImbecilaburrido

Luz vs ojo
Aug 24, 2019
As the title suggests, I'm all for the short drop hanging and I have the material:
- Solide rope,
- Can do it standing, sitting or prone, heck, I could do th full suspension but that one scares me.

I do have a few tips for the discomfort, in my case, the upper part of the throat (as in, over the adam's apple), is horrible to work with. The lower half is way better. Padding the throat before applying the rope also reduces discomfort in spade, but it's not enough. Whenever I put some weight on it, I start coughing massively and the irritation is horrible. The coughing is so problematic I have to loosen the cord just to make it stop.

That being said, after several times, I sometimes manage to get trough it and don't cough so much. That's when the other problem comes in, I can't lower myself. Not because it's physically impossible, but I'm unable to put enough slack in my legs for the weight to do it's work.

Does anyone have advices on how I could either reduce the discomfort, or how I could force my way trough and put more weight on the rope?

(Secundary question I'm just thinking about: I read that you can do it with a metal ring or carabineer to reduce discomfort, but I don't get how it works, any ideas?)
z
I got some many ideas but all hurts, really hurts
Do you mean more pressure? If so, maybe folded socks on artery area. I can't remember if I tried that.
I dont know if you want to blood away your kneck or cut the nervs trough spinal bones by cuting the nerves, bad combination, you only will combulse, sorry, bad idea

Last edited:
M

Mindopali

Jun 30, 2019
I'm going to copy-paste the method I found.

Hey folks, just a quick heads-up and something you might wish to try if you have trouble.

Basically, I've been trying this method and the partial hanging, but never could reliably pass out with any of these. Sometimes vision would dim but I never managed to make it work with them.

I stumbled upon this video, about the dangers of hanging (yup...)

I tried it exaclty as the women does in the middle of the video: Ratchet around the neck (didn't even have to be careful where on the neck), and instead of trying to hang down, just lean forwards like she does, it has the side effect of being way less scary than hanging down. In less than 10 seconds my vision goes black. Tried it several times, that one works for me at least. I'll quit using that one.

Reactions: Walilamdzi and Relief
ALittleBurden

ALittleBurden

Tens of personalities wearing one trench coat
Aug 19, 2019
Ok, so I made a quick sketch of what I came up with. It helps you to attach some weights (the green element) and enables you to lift up your arms, so you can't wreck the noose.
You want to tie the weights near the crossing of the red and yellow strings. It doesn't really matter how you tie the red string, but the yellow one has to end with two slipknot loops. After the red string and weights are all ok you put one of your hands through one loop and tighten it (it might be problematic if you have skinny wrists, maybe attach the loop to some bracelet that won't slip off or something), while holding the loop for the other wrist (it's very important that the yellow string is the right length, it can't be too short because it would cause problems with tying both hands, it has to be short enough to not let you reach your throat). Then you can put the noose around your neck and when all is done you attach the string to the other hand as well. With strong ligatures it should help.

Attachments

• sketch-1571153676042.png
    sketch-1571153676042.png
    26 KB · Views: 4
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
- Solide rope,

im pretty sure it has to be above the AdsApp to get to the caratoids location,otherwise you will be choking yrself rather than blocking the arteries
Quick update on the night-night method: Gave it a try as I have the ressources for it (physio-belt and strapings instead of cushion).
Without much attention to details I had a certain dizziness and strong reaction to it. Most importantly, There's even less fear in it than hanging.
Should be a pretty good alternative for anyone having trouble with hanging.
phsio belt is a good idea, do they go tight enough for very slim neck?i thought they are usually designed for waist - so not sure how tight they go?

Last edited:
S

SweetSpot086

Experienced
Aug 25, 2019
I'm going to copy-paste the method I found.

Hey folks, just a quick heads-up and something you might wish to try if you have trouble.

Basically, I've been trying this method and the partial hanging, but never could reliably pass out with any of these. Sometimes vision would dim but I never managed to make it work with them.

I stumbled upon this video, about the dangers of hanging (yup...)

I tried it exaclty as the women does in the middle of the video: Ratchet around the neck (didn't even have to be careful where on the neck), and instead of trying to hang down, just lean forwards like she does, it has the side effect of being way less scary than hanging down. In less than 10 seconds my vision goes black. Tried it several times, that one works for me at least. I'll quit using that one.

Isnt her ligature too wide? Requiring more force..or it doesnt matter? I have heard 25 mm is ideal..I have 50mm wide baggage strap..very strong..would it work?

M

Mindopali

Jun 30, 2019
Ok, so I made a quick sketch of what I came up with. It helps you to attach some weights (the green element) and enables you to lift up your arms, so you can't wreck the noose.
You want to tie the weights near the crossing of the red and yellow strings. It doesn't really matter how you tie the red string, but the yellow one has to end with two slipknot loops. After the red string and weights are all ok you put one of your hands through one loop and tighten it (it might be problematic if you have skinny wrists, maybe attach the loop to some bracelet that won't slip off or something), while holding the loop for the other wrist (it's very important that the yellow string is the right length, it can't be too short because it would cause problems with tying both hands, it has to be short enough to not let you reach your throat). Then you can put the noose around your neck and when all is done you attach the string to the other hand as well. With strong ligatures it should help.

Might be worth a look, altough I found a working method so I doubt I'll try. Thanks nonetheless.

im pretty sure it has to be above the AdsApp to get to the caratoids location,otherwise you will be choking yrself rather than blocking the arteries

phsio belt is a good idea, do they go tight enough for very slim neck?i thought they are usually designed for waist - so not sure how tight they go?

Above or below adam's apple is actually depending on the person, I have less difficulty with it below. And at the moment, it doesn't matter because the physio belt covers it anyway. And yes, it works for any width of neck, there's no limit for how tight it gets, it's basically a ratchet strap (check the night night method in the ressource megathread).

Isnt her ligature too wide? Requiring more force..or it doesnt matter? I have heard 25 mm is ideal..I have 50mm wide baggage strap..very strong..would it work?

Again, depends on who and how. My ligature is also pretty wide, and leaning forwards does better than weighing down, but it's individual. I never managed it properly with a rope. Give it a try with the strap just to feel if your vision dims or not.

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
That's what I wondered too..