W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Attempting partial hanging is quite uncomfortable, I've started wondering if the speed of impact is so fast you don't even register it falling from a height?

Reactions: deadpixels and SipSop
T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
Are you talking about jumping from height? Or hanging from the ceiling height? If you talking about jumping, I can help you, since jump is my first choice method.

Answer is depends how high. Jump at at least 2,000 feet and it be over so fast that you hear a LOUD thud of your flesh body hit the ground and that it, it all over.

This building here is 2,063 feet. It 200 floors.

looking-down.jpg

I'm from China (living oversea now), and I read the Chinese news there was a worker who accidentally fall to his death from this building. He as dead as he can be. Help arrived fast but they said he no longer has a heart beat or a pulse. He basically DONE.

The thing with jump, if it high enough, for sure you will go. Coroner who operate jumpers dead bodies said: all your bones will broke and pierce through your intestines and organs. Your heart will yank out at the speed of impact. There this big artery which job is to carry blood through your whole body, and the impact will snap it, you no longer will have blood flow to any of your organs once it snap. Not to mentioned head injury, on top of your whole body injuries.

Just think about this, you going on the freeway at 90 m/hr, and you crash. Remember you have your safety seat belt on that hold you back in place, and air bag that pop out once you crash, yet you still pass out/become unconscious due to the impact. And that only 90 m/hr.
Go for something high like that building, and you going 200 km/hr, with just your flesh hit the concrete below. Guarantee you will pass out immediately. NO ONE survived that building height drop, period.

So answer is, how high are you willing to jump.
And I don't know anyone who free fall from height and still conscious once they hit the ground, they basically black out. Make sense too, think of car crash on freeway and you pass out, how can you not pass out when you free fall with just your FLESH against hard surface below? And you going faster than the speed on freeway. And gravity will pull you down fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMG44, Fragile, x-Ace-x and 2 others
deadpixels

deadpixels

Student
May 2, 2020
Attempting partial hanging is quite uncomfortable, I've started wondering if the speed of impact is so fast you don't even register it falling from a height?
This is a good question. Sometimes I wonder if I don't overcomplicate things and the quick and painless method was there all the time, one of the oldest and simplest ways to ctb.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Here is a good link they talk mostly about vehicle crash and gunshot to the head but the same applies for suicide jump with a strong head impact your brain won´t have time to register the pain because of the fast impact on your brain assuming you don´t land feet first from a mediocre height.

Reactions: Walilamdzi
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Here is a good link they talk mostly about vehicle crash and gunshot to the head but the same applies for suicide jump with a strong head impact your brain won´t have time to register the pain because of the fast impact on your brain assuming you don´t land feet first from a mediocre height.
Wow, counterintuitive.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Wow, counterintuitive.
What is counterintuitive about that it makes perfect sense, it takes your brain about 150-200 milliseconds to register pain so if you head is smashed you will go unconcious immediately also since we are so slow to perceive anything (yes 200ms is slow we are technically living in the past) just think about when you stumb your toe you don´t feel the pain immediately because pain travels at 1 meter per second you can look it up but I think you don´t need to since everyone has stumbed their toe and don´t feel the pain immediately and probably say to themselves "here comes the pain"

So stumbing your toe will take 1-1½ seconds to feel the pain but because it takes about 200 milliseconds to be aware of your sorroundings and what is happening you won´t feel it immediately which is quite interesting.

A bit off topic but still relative to the actions of pain perception which is just electrical impulses that signals to our brain that something hurt but jumping from a building and smashing your head your will go unconcious immediately just from the shock alone the same with a bullet to the brain the pure force of the impact of the bullet will of course destroy brain tissue but also have great kenetic enegery that makes the brain go unconcious. There is alledgedly a member on here who survived a suicide jump I think from the 4th floor and said she didn´t feel any pain in the moment she just went unconcious immediately.

Reactions: Lost_the_will2_live
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
What is counterintuitive about that it makes perfect sense, it takes your brain about 150-200 milliseconds to register pain so if you head is smashed you will go unconcious immediately also since we are so slow to perceive anything (yes 200ms is slow we are technically living in the past) just think about when you stumb your toe you don´t feel the pain immediately because pain travels at 1 meter per second you can look it up but I think you don´t need to since everyone has stumbed their toe and don´t feel the pain immediately and probably say to themselves "here comes the pain"

So stumbing your toe will take 1-1½ seconds to feel the pain but because it takes about 200 milliseconds to be aware of your sorroundings and what is happening you won´t feel it immediately which is quite interesting.

A bit off topic but still relative to the actions of pain perception which is just electrical impulses that signals to our brain that something hurt but jumping from a building and smashing your head your will go unconcious immediately just from the shock alone the same with a bullet to the brain the pure force of the impact of the bullet will of course destroy brain tissue but also have great kenetic enegery that makes the brain go unconcious. There is alledgedly a member on here who survived a suicide jump I think from the 4th floor and said she didn´t feel any pain in the moment she just went unconcious immediately.
I guess I feel like I notice touch sensations instantaneously... when I've stubbed my toe I didn't notice a delay haha.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I guess I feel like I notice touch sensations instantaneously... when I've stubbed my toe I didn't notice a delay haha.
You feel the touch instantly but the pain takes about a second or more too hit you, have you never noticed this?

Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019

She? A girl?