N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think I have some traits that are statistically more widespread between women. Though I am not sure whether this is really a fact or whether these are just dumb prejudices.

I read statistically more women have the imposter syndrome and self-doubts. Following adjectvies are stereotypes about women at the least from the literature I read at college: more naive (yeah sometimes I am naive), emotional, calm, introverted, gentle and sensitive.

Many stereotypes on men don't fit at all in my case. Independent, strong (also physically), tendency to risky behavior, aggressive, atheletic (I am dying when I have to climb the stairs), self-confident (my ass the complete opposite).

However there are some male stereotypes that fit to me.

I only listed the stereotypes which don't fit at all in my case. I don't have any issue with these feminine traits. I think also men should be able to show emotions and being able to be soft. Such a rigid dichotomy is rather outdated. We all don't fit in one category perfectly. There is no need for that.

I am not sure whether the following is relevant at all. But I never ever had the slightest feeling of gender dysphoria. And I am glad about that because many people in this forum describe it as hell. I think the society is quite judgmental and I could not stand that pain.

What about you?

Al Gul

Al Gul

Just one more drink...
Feb 21, 2023
Any person can have any of those general traits in any combination. Gender roles are indeed prejudices.

Reactions: woh6 and figure8