Do you have CPTSD Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

• Yes

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Many of us have CPTSD, and many of us don't know it. Here is a great video to help you figure out if you have it or not.

This video mentions 12 signs of having CPTSD. I have emotional disregulation. I spent the first 14 years of my life unable to have a conversation with my parents. My mother would fly into a terrifying rage if I said anything so to this day, I have a hard time expressing myself. I end up erasing most of what I post here for example thanks to that.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Praestat_Mori, NearlyIrrelevantCake and 6 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I was diagnosed last year. I had no idea what it was up to that point. It explains a lot, but I wish I'd known earlier.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, NearlyIrrelevantCake and Meditation guide
Kempel556

Kempel556

Luce sicut stellae
Sep 26, 2023
I can relate to most of this symptoms except for unexplained health problems, i mean i´ve had health problems in the past but it was because of genetics so I kinda predicted having them , never knew that so many things that I experience could be related to CPTSD

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Meditation guide
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Was diagnosed in 2019

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Meditation guide
UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
I have emotional disregulation. I spent the first 14 years of my life unable to have a conversation with my parents. My mother would fly into a terrifying rage if I said anything so to this day, I have a hard time expressing myself. I end up erasing most of what I post here for example thanks to that.
I got diagnosed with regular PTSD but I actually do erase most of what I type here and experience a lot of emotional disregulation. More than often I'll just lurk without ever saying anything, and I had troubles talking to my parents because of rage or dismissal as well. I can't express myself at all in real life, the words get stuck in my throat and it never feels safe to share them, anyway. Maybe my psychiatrist just forgot to write the C, lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: Clasrink, Praestat_Mori, sadwriter and 2 others
Ε. Η. R.

Ε. Η. R.

Experienced
Oct 5, 2023
I have this terrible condition. Also major depressive disorder (mdd).
betrayed by own "mother", own "father". Despite all this, I used to want to live. I lived with the goal that I would move to the country I wanted. That one day I will be with my kind. That one day I will have friends who will understand me.
Everything changed in 2018 when I was betrayed by those who were dearest to me in this world. I couldn't survive this anymore. I regret that I suffered for 5 whole years.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
I was diagnosed last year. I had no idea what it was up to that point. It explains a lot, but I wish I'd known earlier.
Same. It has explained so much! Knowing earlier would have been great. So many confusing dysregulated moments....

Knowing now is better than never, I guess. Learning how to regulate my nervous system has been challenging.
I can relate to most of this symptoms except for unexplained health problems, i mean i´ve had health problems in the past but it was because of genetics so I kinda predicted having them , never knew that so many things that I experience could be related to CPTSD
Are you familiar with polyvagal theory? Spending some time with it has helpful in understanding my own health problems and how their connected to nervous system dysregulaton.

In cPTSD well often be on edge stressing our other systems. Like GI issues go hand in hand with this.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Pluto
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Yes, it's a big reason (among anxiety) why I don't often reply to replies in my posts or others posts. Sometimes it's better hence why I can be a lil more active on here when I need it but yeee.

It makes life a living hell. It can get better but imo/for me even the process of things getting better triggers it 🥴😩 it's exhausting. Worth it tho bc in those times of healing/living/wanting to live is glorious.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Pluto and Meditation guide
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
My father gave me very bad cptsd, with nearly a decade of physical and mental abuse to supposedly better my life but it just ruined it. I'm here now.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Pluto and Ε. Η. R.
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
I have a lot of those symptoms listed on that video, I'm not sure if CPTSD is to blame. Struggling with attention, memory and focus, dealing with intense emotions, and social problems I attribute directly to my ADHD. Avoiding social situations outside of a work or academic setting is one way I cope with depression. Eating problems - although I intake less food, and not more - is due to my reaction to stress. Anxiety also fucks with my ability to focus or pay attention too. Idk why I have unexplained health problems.
I used to have a fear of abandonment when I was very young, now I just run under the assumption that everyone hates me (maybe its a coping mechanism, maybe its low self-esteem, maybe its both, or maybe its something completely different).
The only one I don't have is attraction to the wrong people. I consider myself a good judge of character, and there are people I would never associate myself with, esp if they're just terrible human beings.

In short I think all those symptoms listed can be explained by all the existing metal illnesses and disorders I already know I have.

Thanks for the video though, it is very illuminating.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Not sure but I probably have cptsd as a result of being bullied in middle school. I have ADHD, Asperger's/autism, and social anxiety (as well as undiagnosed depression).

I don't have a fear of abandonment or attraction to the wrong people though. I don't get attached to people and I prefer to keep them at a distance. It's hard for me to connect to or bond with people, and I don't open up to or trust others. I don't get emotionally involved or invested in people. I don't get attracted to any people because I'm aroace.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Praestat_Mori and Pluto
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I found a note in my mother's desk drawer stuck under a box from one of my teachers when I was 8 saying "Why doesn't she ever talk?" I doubt if my mother bothered to answer that teacher's note to her. I knew not to talk and was taught not to ever talk. My mother had told me they, my teachers, thought I must be deaf for a long time.

• Aww..
Reactions: Pluto and Lostandlooking
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
Yes, I actually came to this thread to recommend that YouTube channel. She's wonderful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide