LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
Reincarnation kinda gives me some hope but to be fair in most ideologies that believe in reincarnation suicide are doomed to relive the same pains and sufferings until they secide to keep living so it isn't really the best belief for suicidals, but I don't know.
I kinda look for comforting beliefs as a way to cope, it helps to some extent. I feel like most people from bad families do that, look for comfort and love in the wrong places, it's like a blind, freezing rat looking for warmth in an oven.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fragile, Brick In The Wall, demuic and 1 other person
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
No.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Brick In The Wall, Celerity and 2 others
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Also reincarnation, though not in any 'karma' being involved, but rather being reborn under completely random circumstances without any memories. Obviously no proof, but I believe in it because I haven't known anything other than a randomly-determined life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and LostSoul1609
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
It's a little weird, but sometimes I imagine there are other dimensions where things went differently and I was able to make a life for myself. Maybe I have friends or family or a healthy relationship or a job I love or a hobby I get a lot out of.

It helps to think that somewhere out there, I'm happy.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LemonsLivesStop, WrongPlaceWrongTime, Brick In The Wall and 2 others
A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
Mostly no
I've kinda always had the mentality of "it is what it is" but after watching something on tv (can't remember what) I've started to say "maybe in another life".
i don't believe in afterlife or anything like that, idk, kinda a replacement for thinking "oh well, not today" and I'd just accept something and then move on.

Kinda like me seeing something I don't have, and know I won't have, but saying 'maybe in another life' lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and brutalus
brutalus

brutalus

Student
Jun 14, 2021
i believe that suicide is the ultimate solution to everything and it gives me massive comfort.
Mostly no
I've kinda always had the mentality of "it is what it is" but after watching something on tv (can't remember what) I've started to say "maybe in another life".
i don't believe in afterlife or anything like that, idk, kinda a replacement for thinking "oh well, not today" and I'd just accept something and then move on.

Kinda like me seeing something I don't have, and know I won't have, but saying 'maybe in another life' lol
i use this phrase a lot as a funny hint that i want to die

• Hugs
Reactions: hʚll, littlelungs, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I believe there is nothing after death and that thought comforts me. I will be free from the burden of this existence and I will finally be at peace. Also just the fact that this life is temporary.

• Hugs
Reactions: hʚll, Brick In The Wall and deflationary
TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf

Mar 2, 2021
After traveling in India I started to believe in Hinduism, reincarnation and life on other planets. I thought to myself: With so many temples and if so many people believe in it then there must be something about it and it gave me some kind of comfort.

Then last time I had a psychosis I was on top on the Universe and "planting" life on other planets. The goal was to be a Pegasus (a flying horse) or a dolphin on other planets in coming lifetimes. I was one of many creators planting life in the Universe. It was so real in my imagination and I could hear my thoughts and fictive characters in the sky.

I think it has been hard for me to accept that there's probably nothing after life.

But all I know is that I have been in the void of nothingness before and then came into existence. Why should this only be possible to happen once? Is it only those who have never existed that can be "transfered" from non-existence to existence?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: TriggerHappy and Brick In The Wall
LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
After traveling in India I started to believe in Hinduism, reincarnation and life on other planets. I thought to myself: With so many temples and if so many people believe in it then there must be something about it and it gave me some kind of comfort.

Then last time I had a psychosis I was on top on the Universe and "planting" life on other planets. The goal was to be a Pegasus (a flying horse) or a dolphin on other planets in coming lifetimes. I was one of many creators planting life in the Universe. It was so real in my imagination and I could hear my thoughts and fictive characters in the sky.

I think it has been hard for me to accept that there's probably nothing after life.

But all I know is that I have been in the void of nothingness before and then came into existence. Why should this only be possible to happen once? Is it only those who have never existed that can be "transfered" from non-existence to existence?
I have similar feelings to the last part of your message.
I find relief in the statement that consciousness or soul is immortal, to be fair nothingness is everything is you think about it.
In Hinduism as well as in Gnosticism the Whole, the Pleumora, the Hindu Paramatma are representations of the everything, the wholeness of the universe that is undressed of definitions, which is the same as nothingness.
In the end nothing equals everything, I know they are the same thing and thus I won't fear nothing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and TheLoneWolf
R

reasonablylost

Jul 18, 2021
That I won't negatively impact an ex-girlfriends life in the future. I'm not going to be hindrance in her life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I find comfort in my collection of various methods. Not really in much else though.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, littlelungs and Dead Meat
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
that death is inevitable is comforting

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, shush, hʚll and 1 other person
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
It's a little weird, but sometimes I imagine there are other dimensions where things went differently and I was able to make a life for myself. Maybe I have friends or family or a healthy relationship or a job I love or a hobby I get a lot out of.

It helps to think that somewhere out there, I'm happy.
This is probably the only reason I believe in the multiverse theory

littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
I don't personally believe in reincarnation, and just the thought of coming back to this cesspool of a society makes me feel exhausted and anxious, so I guess it's a good thing that I don't believe in it. :ahhha:

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I believe in an afterlife, despite having quite a few (I know the word is kinda cringy) "premonitions" and other experiences that I couldn't really explain otherwise (and believe me, I've definitely tried). There's part of me that wants there to be an afterlife so that I can see/visit/comfort my loved ones again in some way, and then there's another part of me that wants there to be absolutely nothing after death.

So, I guess with all that said, I personally find a lot of comfort in the concept of eternal oblivion, and take great solace in the mere possibility that one day I'll finally be left the hell alone, forever.

Reactions: eve2004 and hʚll
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
That nothing lasts forever.

• Love
Reactions: FuneralCry and eve2004
L

LemonsLivesStop

Jul 18, 2021
That there is no afterlife and this is all there is. I want to rest in a comfortable void for the rest of eternity. That's what gives me comfort

Reactions: FuneralCry and eve2004
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
I believe that life goes on, and that reassures me that there will be minimal disruption when I CTB. I lost my spouse so I know how "life goes on"...

• Hugs
Reactions: LostSoul1609