Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
When I remember the past, I get very irritated at times

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Meteora, ijustwishtodie and 4 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I don't like feeling anger but narcissism is a massive trigger for me, along with all the stuff that goes with it. Cruelty, deceit, manipulation, charm, phony narratives and a bit of murder now and then just for fun.

Unfortunately that makes me a little bit on the wrong planet since Npeople have infiltrated almost every facet of society.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Meteora, ijustwishtodie and 5 others
trashprincess

trashprincess

She/Slur
Aug 8, 2023
A bit. Had to bottle everything up all my life so I can be angry at times. Usually it's when I'm alone though.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ijustwishtodie, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 4 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I don't like feeling anger but narcissism is a massive trigger for me, along with all the stuff that goes with it. Cruelty, deceit, manipulation, charm, phony narratives and a bit of murder now and then just for fun.

Unfortunately that makes me a little bit on the wrong planet since Npeople have infiltrated almost every facet of society.
I was thinking about this a few days ago and reading about other people's experiences

one that stuck out to me was how being around a narcissist requires you to be a different person and brings out the bad/worse in people which is what they want the whole instigate -> get a reaction -> why are you so sensitive -> I am the victim (narc) now and you're the bully thing etc.

(observations gathered from posts online and self help videos about people having violent thoughts/fantasies from all the abuse and feeling guilt and always being on edge/prepared for fights all the time wether it's verbal or physical)

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, hot, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
persimmon

persimmon

Student
Jan 21, 2024
When I remember the past, I get very irritated at times
I remember the saying "anger turned inwards is depression, anger turned outwards is aggression" which I think is a précis of Freud's position.

But to answer your question, yes on occasion. :hmph:

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Oui
I remember the saying "anger turned inwards is depression, anger turned outwards is aggression" which I think is a précis of Freud's position.

But to answer your question, yes on occasion. :hmph:
What kind of aggression?

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Rarely- thankfully. I tend to feel panicked whenI feel angry because I don't know quite what to do with it. Usually some exercise.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Me? Verbally more than anything. Not the type to hurl rocks at people even though it's tempting. You?
Mine is usually verbally as well. I have the urge to hurl rocks at people, but I reign it in. Sometimes I break and destroy things out of anger though. I hate society, the system, capitalism and the world rather than myself. Is this also considered turning anger outwards?

• Love
Reactions: persimmon
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Yes. I have a history of lashing out at people. I also sometimes break things or self harm when my anger feels too overwhelming.

• Aww..
Reactions: Pluto
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yes. I have a history of lashing out at people. I also sometimes break things or self harm when my anger feels too overwhelming.
Why do you self harm? I've never done that, I've only broken things

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Why do you self harm? I've never done that, I've only broken things
Multiple reasons. I hate myself and am punishing myself, I'm stressed out and it gives me a release, it's a form of expressing the pain I feel inside, it takes the things I feel inside and gives them a physical form, etc

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
persimmon

persimmon

Student
Jan 21, 2024
Mine is usually verbally as well. I have the urge to hurl rocks at people, but I reign it in. Sometimes I break and destroy things out of anger though. I hate society, the system, capitalism and the world rather than myself. Is this also considered turning anger outwards?
Oh I think so. Nothing wrong with anger when it comes from conviction, against injustice etc. When I've read anger management material it says that people with anger often see the world in black-and-white and I think there's a lot of truth in that – I see that in myself.

• Informative
Reactions: WhenTheyCry and sserafim
EmptyHeaded

EmptyHeaded

Experienced
Jan 24, 2024
No. I don't think I even know what anger feels like.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: WhenTheyCry, Meteora, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
hot

hot

Mar 3, 2024
Yes, very bad ones. I also have very bad mood swings. I'm always so sorry when I behaved aggressively towards people - because I didn't actually mean it. I was just extremely angry. Every now and then I get really angry and i get afraid of myself. But that happens very rarely now and I feel better.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhenTheyCry, Pluto and Meteora
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yes, I try to deny it but I definitely do have anger issues

Reactions: sserafim, WhenTheyCry, Pluto and 1 other person
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023