Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Maybe our "soul" wants to rest even though our bodies could live many more years. Continuing on feels draining because every thought worth thinking has been thought already. Like how many elderly people rarely talk because there's nothing else to say.

Reactions: sserafim, Lost Magic, notwavinbutdrowning and 1 other person
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I believe so

people who have never met me or know me usually assume I am older

when I was younger relatives would tell me that I had an old soul but then again I did not have siblings and I couldn't connect with my cousins and people my own age so my "old soul" may be a result of only being around adults and the elderly when I was younger

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
there's no evidence for the soul existing and it's unlikely there ever will be, there's nothing immortal about the human condition, your just a machine made up of atoms soon to cease existing altogether

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
there's no evidence for the soul existing and it's unlikely there ever will be, there's nothing immortal about the human condition, your just a machine made up of atoms soon to cease existing altogether
Why so literal? I was being poetic.

Reactions: SecretDissociation
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yep, I call it the tired soul theory. The repetition of life and all the trials have taken their toll. I have heard many really old people say that they can't wait for it all to be over (and young). This life is just fucking hard.

Reactions: sserafim and Ambivalent1
Takamagahara

Takamagahara

Seeker Of Heaven
Aug 8, 2023
I've always been called mature and older than I seem even when I was very young. Among my last friend group, we were always cracking jokes about how I must be a million years old or how I'm a boomer (I'm 29.)

It tends to be related more to experience than literal age, I find. I've done and seen a lot of things, held a lot of jobs, and have a lot of skills. I'm not a master of everything but there's only a few things I can't do adequately. I have no metric with which to gauge how much experience I have, but certainly I do feel as if I've experienced more things than most other people have, broadly speaking. So I guess I do have an old soul, like I've crammed 50 years of experience into a 29-year old body.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Yep, I call it the tired soul theory. The repetition of life and all the trials have taken their toll. I have heard many really old people say that they can't wait for it all to be over (and young). This life is just fucking hard.
How do older people tolerate the same day on repeat?

Reactions: sserafim