N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
A friend of mine boycotts Amazon. I am too scared about poverty for that. I was raised to become selfish and I am hellish anxious about poverty. I try to save money as good as possible. When I see a product online I search for the best price. I don't think much about morality. Though I don't fully deny all responsibilities. If there is a product from China only a little bit cheaper I usually go for the product which does not have to shipped from another continent. Moreover I never fly and do other good things in favor of the environment. However I am more thinking about my own advantages. I think the society won't care about me when I am poor so why should I care about them. Ironically exactly this attitude will kill me because most people have this mindset. This is why welfare is such a low amount of money.

I have a little bit of a guilty conscience when I buy from Amazon. They don't pay their fair share, exploit workers and I dislike Jeff Bezos a lot. They ruin domestic companies with their strategies. In other countries their policies are even worse. In my countries there are some good work regulations not as liberal as in the US. I think in the US they want to prohibit worker unions which is quite insane.

Do you boycott some companies when you dislike their policies? I think I might would do it if I had stable income also in the future.

Oh I want to add one thing. It fits to the topic. I love to read newpspaper. I read right-wing and left-wing outlets. But I only pay for newspapers which abide my moral standards. So in this case my conscience is also decisive.

Reactions: katagiri83
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
People love to call for the heads of billionaires while using their products

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
No. I'm not under the illusion that my purchase (or lack thereof) makes any difference to anything. And I'm not trying to make a political statement when I buy something, because nobody cares where I spend my money.

Reactions: Un-
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Yes, and I try to support small business when I can. All in all, I can't make much of a difference, but I should try my best. I have stopped buying a lot from Amazon anyway due to the proliferation of questionable Chinese knockoff products with a gazillion fake reviews.