Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
I never had one growing up and I wasn't sure what the point was. Was it therapeutic? Something to look back on? To remember your past with?

Reactions: sadghost and Tragoedia Vitae
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
i have one but my life is so boring there's practically nothing to write about

Reactions: Pryras, Skathon and WitheringAway
theboiwhostilllived

theboiwhostilllived

“The boy who still lived”
Dec 11, 2018
I wrote a lot and never intend to read again. It's somehow therapeutic.

Reactions: Pryras and WitheringAway
The Dark Chaos

The Dark Chaos

Craving chaos..
Apr 17, 2020
I have one but its empty. I dunno what to write about. The blank pages perfectly describe how I feel most of the time. Empty.

• Aww..
Reactions: Chiyuki99, Pryras, Dreamless Sleep and 1 other person
KLUF

KLUF

Jun 16, 2020
Movies and games have taught me to not keep diaries :wink:

Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae and Pryras
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I attempted documenting my feelings. it was all bitching crying and self pity. Made me feel better at the time but now looking back at it I just ew at myself

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pryras and GoodPersonEffed
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
Before I could even write an entire paragraph describing one of my days, my diary would douse itself in gasoline and set itself on fire…

• Hugs
Reactions: Epsilon0, Pryras and Dreamless Sleep
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I used to have one and wrote a lot. Been meaning to digitize my writings and burn the physical copies to keep them secret

Reactions: Pryras
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
I used to keep a journal but it was pretty cringy. It wasn't necessarily a record of what my day was like or what occurred rather just an assortment of musings.

• Hugs
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I never had one growing up and I wasn't sure what the point was. Was it therapeutic? Something to look back on? To remember your past with?
Yes and it can be interesting to write down what one is feeling and why, makes for insight later on when one reads previous entries.

I recommend an app version that has a password access option. The physical ones can always get lost and your private thoughts much easier read. Privacy in an app journal can also be a concern, but the advantage is that you'll have your journal backed up.

• Hugs
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I have one. Started it with the idea that if I were to be sent somewhere during my time in IDF, somebody would find it and maybe peek in.
The same idea follows the one I have now, although it's more of a series of notebooks. I hope I can take them with me should I ctb so that whoever inevitably finds my dead body would have some idea what brought me to this place and maybe show people that epilepsy drove me mad and suicidal.
Statistics is one thing, but seeing a man descend into madness is another.

• Love
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
I had one when I was an early teen.
My stepmother found it, read it, and complained to my father about what I'd written (my own private thoughts not meant for anyone else).
I was beaten for it and made to apologise to my stepmother.
Never had one since.

• Wow
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: sadghost, Pryras and GoodPersonEffed
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I had one when I was an early teen.
My stepmother found it, read it, and complained to my father about what I'd written (my own private thoughts not meant for anyone else).
I was beaten for it and made to apologise to my stepmother.
Never had one since.
Sorry to hear this. An incident such as this is a strong argument for using an app version with password, and cloud backup.

The drawback obviously is that it's accessible to potential web based info thieves including but not limited to Google and Apple, advertisers. You have to perhaps write in code or something.

Reactions: Red
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
No, I don't, because I have a twisted relation to writing in general.

But I've heard from others (and I believe it to be true) that keeping a diary can be helpful. I guess it's because writing gives you time to reflect and work through whatever is on your mind. Putting things on paper is probably as unburdening as a good crying session.

You could say this forum is as close as I'll ever come to keeping a diary.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pryras and sadghost
Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
I keep a journal now. It's an app called Day One. It helps sometimes with getting all my thoughts out, also helps with my memory too. Sometimes I remember an event but miss almost all the details.

Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
I have a diary....well, kind of. I just type up notes on my phone whenever the mood strikes me. I've kept it up for about 5 years now, on and off. I try not to look at my notes after I've written them down because reading all of my angsty musings just depresses me even further.

I also have someone else's diary which I found in a book bin at Goodwill's. It's one of my most treasured possessions. A young woman wrote in the diary from 1989 till 1991....you could definitely tell that she wasn't mentally well at all. She was surrounded by all those people yet she was very much alone in this world. She was always in pain...she seemed to be haunted, tortured even, by something she couldn't really explain or understand.

Over the years, her diary entries become increasingly incoherent and you can't really make out what she's trying to say. She just grew more depressed, lonely, and confused. There's even a photo of her in the diary. Her diary abruptly breaks off in 1991 with many blank pages left. I wonder about her fate everyday....

Last edited:
  • Hugs
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
I used to journal but one day my sister found my journal and showed my school counsellor. I had to constantly see him and was always called down to his office. My family watched me like a hawk.. It kind of helped before, but I'm too scared to keep another one now.

• Hugs
Reactions: ocd is bad and Pryras
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
I tried writing a diary until i realised that sitting there and writing it pisses me off. Then i stopped writing a diary.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pryras and Red
Nyxx33

Nyxx33

May 8, 2020
I did 2018-2019 and it was helpful to look back at what I had written. I was in a better place and it helped me focus on what was important to me and work on thinking more positively or not burden friends ... but now I'm so far gone I just don't even bother.

• Hugs