whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I recall as fairly common "anti-work" folks in here. I have realized I mostly just don't want to work but you know, we have to. Perhaps when you feel like shit most of the time and don't really get along well with people the forceful nature of work becomes worse. I left mine a week ago, ha donly only lasted 10 months. First job as a chronically ill NEET.

I assume if you are vital and love life its easier to eat shit at work and network with bullshitters and morons AKA the workforce. But what eats me alive is the feeling that I am running from the truth of actually not enjoying life when engrossing myself in working for others. Eventually the shit eating just made me collapse as there's a limit regarding what you can endure without having a good foundation in terms of will to exist.

It seems my will to exist in this hellhole is just enough to take care of my body, try to recover interest in literature and things I used to care about and leech from society as it stands lol To be completely honest, I feel ZERO shame in being a NEET. Every year that passes I despise and alienate myself more from society. The Unabomber was right in some regards but I have my own vision. Either way, why play ball with a society like this? Somehing much worse than he subservience and dystopia of "COVID" is coming and I will die standing against the tyranny and lack of human dignity this time. One of the few things that actually make sense, not pretending everything's normal and you just need a job and get laid while their schemes continue succeeding.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, NoLightRemains, irregularreconcile and 3 others
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
A work environment can be enjoyable if you like the work and your boss and coworkers are pleasant. This sort of position has been rapidly decreasing because people in general are getting more and more selfish. However, one can still find ways to work on the fringe so that contact with unpleasant people can be minimized. Working third shift for a cleaning company might be an option.

Reactions: whatevs
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You don't want to work because you don't love what you do! When you love what you do, you don't consider it as work!

Well I wish I found sth I really want to work for and sth that fulfils my life with what I can be happy for myself again. I wouldn't have any CTB thoughts and/or actual ready plans in this case. But my logic says: mori praestat, quam haec pati.

90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
as somebody who is extremely depressed pretty much constantly, i do hate work. that's partly because my job isn't a fulfilling one, and sexual assaulters/ harassers run rampant in my company.

but depression has taken everything from me: friendships, hobbies, appetite, pleasure and much more - i spend my days working to pay the bills, and no longer enjoy anything in between.

i often look at my life like a long straight highway - it seems hopeless and endless, no destination in sight. i know that i'm always going to be stuck in this 9-5 lifestyle for the rest of my life.

knowing this, i don't think that i will ever enjoy working - no matter the career.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, Praestat_Mori, MeltingBrain and 1 other person
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
You don't want to work because you don't love what you do! When you love what you do, you don't consider it as work!

Well I wish I found sth I really want to work for and sth that fulfils my life with what I can be happy for myself again. I wouldn't have any CTB thoughts and/or actual ready plans in this case. But my logic says: mori praestat, quam haec pati.
I used to love programming - until I started working with it, lol. I'm trying to reassess and perhaps finish a personal project before trying again.

Reactions: NoLightRemains
Watlock

Watlock

I just assume everyone hates me.
Jun 8, 2023
I used to have a warehouse job and every second, of everyday I was thinking how I could hurt myself to get out of work or even kill myself at the job site so hopefully my coworkers could have a few days off. Lol. It wasn't bad until the owner of the warehouse would come around and berate us about certain things not being done, after she would go into her air conditioned office and do nothing. Then I knew I was done being a cog in the machine, for months I did absolutely nothing and left early a lot. They FINALLY fired me when I just decided to walk about during my shift, I was so happy when I got the termination text. I wanted to text back, "No one asked you fucking twat." 😂

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and MeltingBrain
feels_like_rain

feels_like_rain

Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
Sep 29, 2021
I absolutely love my job, and most of the time i love being here. This job is the best thing that ever happened to me.
But when i'm feeling so low like i have been, i struggle to make it through the workday. I even left four hours early yesterday because i just couldn't handle it. I hate feeling like this.

• Love
Reactions: MeltingBrain
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
i do hate work. that's partly because my job isn't a fulfilling one, and sexual assaulters/ harassers run rampant in my company.
WTF . That's totally unacceptable .
I recall as fairly common "anti-work" folks in here. I have realized I mostly just don't want to work but you know, we have to. Perhaps when you feel like shit most of the time and don't really get along well with people the forceful nature of work becomes worse. I left mine a week ago, ha donly only lasted 10 months. First job as a chronically ill NEET.

I assume if you are vital and love life its easier to eat shit at work and network with bullshitters and morons AKA the workforce. But what eats me alive is the feeling that I am running from the truth of actually not enjoying life when engrossing myself in working for others. Eventually the shit eating just made me collapse as there's a limit regarding what you can endure without having a good foundation in terms of will to exist.

It seems my will to exist in this hellhole is just enough to take care of my body, try to recover interest in literature and things I used to care about and leech from society as it stands lol To be completely honest, I feel ZERO shame in being a NEET. Every year that passes I despise and alienate myself more from society. The Unabomber was right in some regards but I have my own vision. Either way, why play ball with a society like this? Somehing much worse than he subservience and dystopia of "COVID" is coming and I will die standing against the tyranny and lack of human dignity this time. One of the few things that actually make sense, not pretending everything's normal and you just need a job and get laid while their schemes continue succeeding.

I am a NEET . My physical ailmeent makes me hard (if not impossible) to take up a job or start a business (which I really want to do) .
Apart from the physical torment, I face the question " What's the point of learning this skill ?" if I am going to either CTB or die of natural causes .

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, whatevs, 90starve and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I used to love programming - until I started working with it, lol. I'm trying to reassess and perhaps finish a personal project before trying again.
That's funny. I'm pretty sure if I wasn't too lazy in the past and learned some programming at least I would be in a position that would make me personal "happier" with better perspectives, At least for try.

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I hate work, all this limited time spent working for people who could pay 2x more and not even notice a difference.

I worked 2 years on 12 hours and detested it, i did enjoy the 4 days off each second week and honestly if work was 4 days a week i really wouldn't mind it.

I slave for a huge organisation while they lap up millions, they dont realise their flesh sack is in the perfect grasp of a lunatic as they strut their shit around.

You never know when the grinder will become a tenderiser, you never know..

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I've sadly never felt well enough to work but I can say that everything is horribly difficult when depressed, even things that would normally be fun. If you view the world as a hostile place then there is little motivation to contribute to it as another cog in the system. I also feel that many jobs are useless or even harmful, i.e. someone could get rich selling bullshit supplements, providing financial "services" that underperform index funds, overprescribing drugs, etc., and they will be viewed as valuable, "productive" members of society. I am grateful for the unsung heroes who do real work that actually makes the world function—they are chronically overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated while scumbags prosper. I do not feel guilty about not working because I am simply not able to. I know it is horrible slaving away at a soul sucking job, but NEETing is also horrible and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I envy those who are able to get by without incident and just accept the way things are.

• Love
Reactions: ncmxm and whatevs
ferret-in-a-sock

ferret-in-a-sock

Jan 25, 2023
I like work more than being at home, even if my job isnt good. It's easy to put on a fake face. The problems are pretty run-of-the-mill. It has a structure. Cut and dry expectations.

At home I immediately become more suicidal. I feel trapped and stressed and easily triggered.

Reactions: MeltingBrain and whatevs
NoLightRemains

NoLightRemains

I found my light again. Namu Amida Butsu
Sep 26, 2021
A huge part of me really misses working. I don't miss the exploitation and being a cog in the machine, but there are things I do miss. I worked in healthcare and for a long time, I felt a sense of meaningfulness as I worked towards furthering my career and goal of helping other humans. After finishing my schooling, the reality of being a nurse was too much for me to handle and I lasted less than a year. The job was so unbelievably stressful for me despite me thinking I could handle it. I developed chronic migraines at the end of my short career which disables me to this day.

The best times of my life was probably when I had lower responsibilities as a nursing aide, but the work was so physical so it wasn't a good long term option either. I'm too burnt out on healthcare and people to do anything like that again, but on my good days I fantasize about a return to the workforce in some kind of WFH desk job. But as @whatevs said: "there's a limit regarding what you can endure without having a good foundation in terms of will to exist."

• Love
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, MeltingBrain and whatevs