A

anyoneshorizon

Jun 8, 2022
I tell myself it's my life and stuff and I can kill myself if I want because like many of you I sometimes really want to. But sometimes i think about if i found out my younger or older sister killed herself or my mom or dad. It feels so bad and physically hurts (maybe an exaggeration) but some i was thinking about and I don't know what i'd do. I would be so mad because they didn't talk to me or tell someone.
I saw a video a 7-year-old boy who shot himself I don't know what i'd do if i was the mother who found him. when i was 4th 5th grade i was such a little ass hole I hope i didn't make anyone feel like how I feel or how that kid must've felt

• Aww..
Reactions: Tired_again, waitingforrest, PrisonBreak and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Well of course it would be hard to deal with if someone I knew ctb, but after all it's the individuals decision and suicide is a human right. We will all die eventually and grief and loss are inevitable in life. To me it would be understandable why someone would choose to ctb because obviously I don't see life as being a positive thing at all and the cruelty that exists is enough to make me want to leave.

I think this is another reason why euthanasia must be legalised as it would mean that someones suicide is easier to deal with for those left behind. Nobody would have to be traumatised by finding a body and family members would know about it in advance and it would be able to be discussed and they wouldn't have to deal with the shock of it all.

Reactions: Astronauta, Dissappointed, HumansAreHell and 3 others
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Creating emotional bonds carries with it a certain degree of vulnerability and hurting each other is sometimes unavoidable. Siblings know perfectly well what to say to harm each other and from time to time they will do it even if there is mutual affection, likewise, when one of them suffers, the other does too. That's why it is not uncommon for many suicides to cut emotional ties and distance themselves from others. Those kinds of thoughts can stop a suicide for a while, but many times their own suffering is too great to continue living just for others, especially when suicides consider that their lives have no future.

When I received the news about my bestie's suicide it took me a week to regain a bit of composure, when someone this close does that a thought lingers "I could have done more for this person", whether it would have made a difference or not, people end up regretting not having helped more. Guilt-related mourning is a horrible thing and can easily destroy a person, as it throws all their mistakes in their face at a vulnerable moment. Many suicides take measures, such as trying to exempt everyone they love from any blame in their last messages and interactions, it is not foolproof but in the many cases I have reviewed it helped a lot.

Reactions: Beer_is_all_I_have, FlaxFlower, Astronauta and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Yes, and this is why I worry about my mom. It is best for me to wait until she has died to commit suicide.

Reactions: waitingforrest and wasteofspace22
jane

jane

death is not the end
Sep 5, 2022
yep, it breaks my heart and i start cryng about scenerios that wont happen. itll happen one day in reverse though. my husband might find me...

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest
HumansAreHell

HumansAreHell

Aug 31, 2022
I tell myself it's my life and stuff and I can kill myself if I want because like many of you I sometimes really want to. But sometimes i think about if i found out my younger or older sister killed herself or my mom or dad. It feels so bad and physically hurts (maybe an exaggeration) but some i was thinking about and I don't know what i'd do. I would be so mad because they didn't talk to me or tell someone.
I saw a video a 7-year-old boy who shot himself I don't know what i'd do if i was the mother who found him. when i was 4th 5th grade i was such a little ass hole I hope i didn't make anyone feel like how I feel or how that kid must've felt
My little brother took his life. He ran his car into a tree at 72 miles an hour. I saw the aftermath of it all, when they took his body out of the car they couldn't even get his shoes out because the engine block was too far into the cars cabin. I see it all so vividly every day even after 8 years. It is traumatizing for me but if he was in that much pain and truly wanted to ctb I really can't hold it against him. I loved him very much and miss him dearly but he was a far smarter person than I ever was so I choose the respect his decision. I know not everyone sees it that way and it's not an easy thing to deal with, but it's also not fair to have to live just for others. I know when I choose to go I will do it in a place where my loved ones won't be to ones to find me.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest
milkandcoffee

milkandcoffee

Aug 8, 2022
Occasionally I think a little bit about how I might feel if I found out that my bf feels the way I do. If he was planning his death or hurting himself... But I know he doesn't do that. Most people don't. If he's ever had the thought, it was significantly more abstract than the way I think about it. It does give me a bit of pause, but honestly, my problems are about me. People like to say ctb doesn't end the pain, it just pushes it off to someone else but I can't help but feel like basically everyone else I know would be more capable of dealing with pain than I am.

S

swanlake

Jul 26, 2022
My little brother took his life. He ran his car into a tree at 72 miles an hour. I saw the aftermath of it all, when they took his body out of the car they couldn't even get his shoes out because the engine block was too far into the cars cabin. I see it all so vividly every day even after 8 years. It is traumatizing for me but if he was in that much pain and truly wanted to ctb I really can't hold it against him. I loved him very much and miss him dearly but he was a far smarter person than I ever was so I choose the respect his decision. I know not everyone sees it that way and it's not an easy thing to deal with, but it's also not fair to have to live just for others. I know when I choose to go I will do it in a place where my loved ones won't be to ones to find me.
I'm so sorry 😣 that must be horrifying

• Hugs
Reactions: wasteofspace22, waitingforrest and HumansAreHell
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I'd feel sad because they had to die alone. I don't think anyone should have to die alone. I want to be able to say goodbye at least, just one more time.

Reactions: wasteofspace22
andweallfloatonok

andweallfloatonok

Apr 2, 2022
my dad is suicidal and so are some of my friends, so yeah, i think about it a lot.

Beer_is_all_I_have

Beer_is_all_I_have

Years of numbness. When will it stop?
Dec 18, 2021
Happened to me just last week. I knew she had the means and at times the motivation but just the day before we talked about spending the weekend together. She didn't understand how utterly painful it would be for me. I can't get off the couch. My whole body aches with sadness.

I have talked to my psychiatrist twice already. I have a sibling and a friend to talk to, but it seems time is the only thing that will ever help. I hope she is better off😭❤️

Fktw0rld

Fktw0rld

An end with suffering > Suffering without an end
Aug 29, 2022
Absolutely. It won't prevent me from completing the task but my plan is to leave no mess or be found by someone who cares about me.

TiredLostHope20

TiredLostHope20

SN Arrived!
Aug 24, 2022
I plan on dying in my university dorm in my bedroom. Asleep eternally.