Marissayogirl

Marissayogirl

Jul 17, 2024
I have to all the time, just curious if anyone else does it.

• Hugs
Reactions: NoPoint2Life, JealousOfTheElderly, po1sentree and 8 others
KariNya

KariNya

(Dark) Magical Girl
Sep 19, 2024
Yes, all the time. It's so tiring.

• Hugs
Reactions: JealousOfTheElderly, Moniker, whywere and 1 other person
BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
I used to, especially at work and its so fucking exhausting. But then I actually had a day when I felt semi decent and didnt feel like it was as much of a struggle to fake it, and my boss asked if I was drunk because I seemed too happy. So yeah, I dont fake shit anymore. These assholes get to have me as I am.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zanmato, Moniker, whywere and 3 others
-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Experienced
Jun 16, 2024
Yeah. Everyone does this.

• Hugs
Reactions: sugarb, JealousOfTheElderly, Moniker and 2 others
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Yeah, don't want ppl in my life talking to me about getting therapy and meds all day so I better act like I'm happy or at least content with life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Moniker, whywere, Mateira and 1 other person
Theresnoescape

Theresnoescape

Each year feels like 10
May 29, 2024
Yes, everyday. It's so tiring, but I just can't be bothered with all the crap, so it's easier to pretend I'm ok.

• Hugs
Reactions: Moniker and whywere
T

Trav1989

Student
Jun 2, 2024
Yes, because if I don't act "normal" I'll be institutionalized which would make CTB nearly impossible.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Moniker, whywere and Mateira
Nothing87

Nothing87

I want to achieve eternal oblivion
Jun 5, 2024
Yes, It was really tiring but I have no choice, people will always talk shit to me and say why I am not happy etc. etc.

• Hugs
Ms.Melancholy

Ms.Melancholy

I used to be indifferent, now I just wanna go home
Sep 5, 2024
To a certain degree, yes, like with the whole: "are you fine?" talk.
I just seem gloomy and indecisive mostly.

• Hugs
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Heavens, yes. I dislike it so very much.

Like when a person is in a meeting and the person that is at the head of the food chain has some stupid joke or statement and everyone is supposed to laugh or agree with him/her.

So very depressing and so ultra fake.

Walter

Reactions: sugarb, Emeralds, Theresnoescape and 1 other person
Moniker

Moniker

Nov 1, 2023
I'm in the same boat as others. It's pretty tiring. However, I've realized a lot of people just think I'm tired or something if I'm acting the way I typically do, so I drop the act on occasion.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and Theresnoescape
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
yeah just pretending to be functional and happy and pretending like i care at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and JealousOfTheElderly
Theresnoescape

Theresnoescape

Each year feels like 10
May 29, 2024
Yeah, I do drop the act sometimes also. Not very often as I don't want to make people miserable. Don't want to makes others feel like I do.
I'm in the same boat as others. It's pretty tiring. However, I've realized a lot of people just think I'm tired or something if I'm acting the way I typically do, so I drop the act on occasion.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and Moniker
T

TinyGuy

Aug 30, 2024
Yes I have to bcz my family hate my not normal self but it's getting so tiring I wish they would accept me the way I want to be

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
S

Skal

Sep 22, 2022
even when i act normal people around me find me weird and start mocking or looking down on me
idk, i'm tired

• Hugs
J

JealousOfTheElderly

Everything's gonna be OK
Aug 28, 2020
Yes all the time.
At my old job, one time I couldn't hide it. I cried at my desk in front of others and they were oblivious. They didn't care. Someone came to talk to me while tears were running down my face and they didn't even notice.

• Hugs
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm forced to act normal and I hate it. I don't want to normal. I want to be myself or be dead

• Hugs
uglyugly

uglyugly

Student
Aug 24, 2024
I did that for years... well, I tried at least. I have never, ever, EVER been "normal" in my over half century on this planet, so I didn't even know what "normal" was supposed to be. I finally gave up and said fuck it, I would rather be me and I don't care who doesn't like it or thinks I'm nuts. Whatever. One of my cowkers said the whole staff used to call me weird behind my back. I laughed and told her was on my best behavior at work and if they saw me outside of work they would realize what a complete freak I was. It shut her up quickly. I was telling the truth. I am a complete freak (as defined by society) and I just don't give a damn any more. That's been one of the blessings of older age.

But all that being said, I still keep a few topics to myself, like my desire to ctb. There are so many life lovers and people who will not mind their own business that don't get the pain or grief one has to be in to consider ctb. It only takes one of those nut jobs to call the authorities and cause big trouble for someone considering ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and NoPoint2Life
KariNya

KariNya

(Dark) Magical Girl
Sep 19, 2024
Yeah. Everyone does this.
Totally offtopic, but I love your Dark Sakura profile pic.

And as some have already said, when you drop the act, a lot of people just think you are tired. Unless they know your history of metal health issues and CTB attemps. Then they are very overbearing.