WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I get so emotionally invested in the shows I watch. I get connected to the characters to a point I can't describe. I've been watching the walking dead and omg it's been a rollercoaster of emotions, I cry when someone dies, I cry when I hear a certain line in the script, for example when I heard "I was gone for a long time" "some things you don't get to come back from, they become a part of you, you either accept it or you don't, you know they're gonna be there" like I was sobbing when I heard that, it's pathetic. I don't know if it's my fragile mental state. All I know is I hate being so fucking sensitive.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadstuffie, Forever Sleep, Zyntkalla and 13 others
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
No not really, I'm sad when my favorite characters leave as I know it's time up for that show, I :pfff: to this though Cry Baby :smiling::smiling::pfff:

Cheers

Geo

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Ghost2211, K-O and WitheringAway
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Which season are you on now of The Walking Dead? I recently started watching again after stopping at season 8.
I don't really cry at much these days. My emotional response to things feels kinda muted. Even when a favourite character dies, I just don't feel anything. But then again I've never really cried at films etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, Ghost2211 and WitheringAway
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Not often, but I have a good amount of times recently. In just the past year, I have cried at South Park's Pandemic Special, the ending of The Good Place, and the Steven Universe movie.

Reactions: flatearth and WitheringAway
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
I don't really cry at much these days. My emotional response to things feels kinda muted.
^This, because depression of course. But also, most shows I watch aren't really meant to tug at your heartstrings. Sometimes a final episode will do it for me though.

There's a whole list of movies that could and will probably still make me cry.

Reactions: WitheringAway
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
Which season are you on now of The Walking Dead? I recently started watching again after stopping at season 8.
I don't really cry at much these days. My emotional response to things feels kinda muted. Even when a favourite character dies, I just don't feel anything. But then again I've never really cried at films etc.
Season 5. Sometimes I laugh even more about weird things (for ex when Gareth was eating bob's leg and bob was telling him he was bit. I was laughing hysterically)
No not really, I'm sad when my favorite characters leave as I know it's time up for that show, I :pfff: to this though Cry Baby :smiling::smiling::pfff:

Cheers

Geo
Lol nice song :pfff:

Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
Oh I used to bawl at Grey's Anatomy. Now I can't seem to cry at all though.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre and WitheringAway
Lux

Lux

Sep 17, 2020
Some shows, yeah. It's quite normal for men but some us just don't want to confess.

• Hugs
Reactions: antigone_iris and WitheringAway
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
love to cry to movies and series.
and when i am sleep deprived its even easier.

my last cry a lot shows were "ricky gervais after life" and "the leftovers" - max richters soundtrack is so fantastic.

Reactions: LivedTooLong and WitheringAway
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I have but not often unless I'm in a particularly fragile state. Certain movies will force me to struggle regardless of my mood but only a few.

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I cried when watching Scrubs yes
But now I don't cry anymore when watching shows
I don't know how you can cry when watching the walking dead... that's too gore to cry for me.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
No, I just get very angry because the inflated cuntpower of the heroine will put in contrast how worthless I am treated as.

• Hugs
Reactions: WitheringAway, 262653 and Disappointered

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
So much more comparatively to my response to real life events. Especially when I was watching/reading Naruto. There was something touching in that anime but I couldn't cope with all the fillers, so I read manga instead.

Reactions: WitheringAway and Xocoyotziin
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
I only cry when I sing. Only. Sometimes I sing the Bard Song when I'm alone to help

Reactions: WitheringAway and flatearth
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
I have very specific emotional triggers from shows. Kids dying, parents dying, and ambient music montages in science fiction because I'm a suggestible idiot lol. Otherwise not really.

So much more comparatively to my response to real life events. Especially when I was watching/reading Naruto. There was something touching in that anime but I couldn't cope with all the fillers, so I read manga instead.

Oh yeah anime is an exception. They're so good at sculpting emotional crescendos in a way that's hard to capture in live action. I don't really know why but it's impossible not to get emotionally invested in anime.

Reactions: WitheringAway and 262653
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
I do sometimes :ahhha:

sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
yeah sometimes. a lot of tom hanks movies... i rarely cry about real things though.

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I cry far too much. Empath+weak tear ducts= far too many tears. I've tried to stop tears as it's embarrassing sometimes, but have had no luck so far

Reactions: LivedTooLong, WitheringAway and Disappointered
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
how can you cry on a movie can't even do it on real life

its hard to explain usually i am thinking about a real life problem and the show just brings out the tears...

Reactions: WitheringAway and Disappointered
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
All the effing time

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
It's like I've lost the ability to cry after starting antidepressants but I used to cry at sad stuff all the time.

BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
Only when it's Tales of Ba Sing Se

Rainy_days

Rainy_days

Experienced
Dec 21, 2022
Yes but not too often since I can't get interested in very many shows these days.