SuicidalOrganism

SuicidalOrganism

Experienced
May 31, 2023
i have recent thoughts that society might become more advanced in the future (if it still hasnt collapsed yet) and better in terms of progression, but my own inability to cope with reality itself will refrain me from experiencing such utopian joy.

let me hear your thoughts

Reactions: internetgirl, not-2-b-the-answer, Crono and 1 other person
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
worse. the planets dying.

Reactions: Homo erectus, AsleepPreference160, Lost in a Dream and 4 others
N

NBL313

Jun 2, 2023
I don't see Human's ever having a long lasting utopian society. Maybe for a little bit until the worst of us turn it all to sh*t. Case in point. In our current society we are constantly taking one step forwards followed by two steps backwards. Because human beings are defined by conflict. Conflict with each other, and conflict with our environment.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Homo erectus, AsleepPreference160 and 4 others
neurotic

neurotic

šˆ š­š”š¢š§š¤ šˆ'š¦ š¢š§ š„šØšÆšž /// šŸ’œšŸ’ššŸ’™
May 24, 2023
I genuinely am excited for AI. It's an unstoppable force that's going to change society in ways we've never even thought of (maybe even for the better). I'm planning on staying around to see what happens, probably going to be the most exciting times in human history.

• Hugs
Reactions: Source Energy, not-2-b-the-answer and SirCalvinXIV
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
I don't know. I can see arguments for either. I intensely hope that it will get better though. I don't really trust that it will. I think people will continue to suffer and be ignored. But also. I see people care. I see people who genuinely try. I still want to die and there's a good chance things will in fact keep getting worse will things like climate change and the wealth gap but. I don't know. Humans can be awful and detestable, but they can also be amazing and kind and loving. Part of me truly believe that will win out in the end. I really hope that part of me is right.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, AsleepPreference160, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
N

NBL313

Jun 2, 2023
I genuinely am excited for AI. It's an unstoppable force that's going to change society in ways we've never even thought of (maybe even for the better). I'm planning on staying around to see what happens, probably going to be the most exciting times in human history.

If there is one thing I can get behind with AI it would be it's cold rationality. There would be no emotion in it's decision making. Only as long as my individual freedom either stays the way it is now, or is increased. I would not be down with a computer forcing me to continue to live because I am still useful for some task that it needs a human for.

Reactions: Homo erectus, AsleepPreference160, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
In the future industrial humanity will collapse due to lack of natural resources. oil, natural gas, coal, minerals like gold, lithium. It will all end.

In 1000 years, less than 1% of people will have access to products such as cell phones and computers.

Reactions: loopdaloop, Homo erectus, AsleepPreference160 and 1 other person
N

NBL313

Jun 2, 2023
That is unless humanity discovers a way to make interplanetary travel faster and easier, and eventually interstellar travel doable.

Reactions: Homo erectus, AsleepPreference160 and not-2-b-the-answer
ggetout33

ggetout33

Better to reign in hell...
Mar 3, 2023
Worse, worse by a longshot.

• Love
Reactions: psp3000, lotus11, Homo erectus and 4 others
SirCalvinXIV

SirCalvinXIV

May 20, 2023
In the future industrial humanity will collapse due to lack of natural resources. oil, natural gas, coal, minerals like gold, lithium. It will all end.

In 1000 years, less than 1% of people will have access to products such as cell phones and computers.
This excludes stuff like asteroid mining and extra terrestrial industry. The solar system is a big place with a lot of valuable shit in it. Plus, there's yet still enough resources on earth to continue growth in the short term (for maybe 200+ years, so we're good in our lifetimes). But more than likely what'll happen is that the rich and powerful will artificially limit the supply of a lot of these things, which will be great for them and awful for everyone else.

Reactions: Homo erectus, AsleepPreference160 and not-2-b-the-answer
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'd say- either worse- or, just more of the same. I can't see humans ever freeing themselves from a wealth/class structure. I expect there will always be rich people and poor people. The rich earn their money by exploiting the poor.

Even if AI come along- how will that help ALL of us? The rich will be ok- they'll invest in all that. Even better- they'll likely pay their robot employees less in the long run. As for the rest of us- more and more of our jobs will be taken by them. We won't be able to afford this new technology because we'll be struggling for employment I imagine. I don't know- I just don't see it ending well.

Plus- in terms of the environment- unless some genius comes up with something incredible- I just think we're screwed longterm.

Reactions: delora, Homo erectus, AsleepPreference160 and 3 others
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Exponentially worse.

• Love
Reactions: loopdaloop, Homo erectus, AsleepPreference160 and 2 others
jazzcat

jazzcat

dark eyed and miserable
May 19, 2023
worse unless you're rich and can live out your best life no matter what

• Love
Reactions: psp3000, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Homo erectus and 2 others
ZM4ever

ZM4ever

Not A Chance
Jan 1, 2023
The planet is over populated, destruction of resources and war, these things will sort it out sooner or later.

Reactions: loopdaloop, Homo erectus, AsleepPreference160 and 1 other person
greyblue_bian

greyblue_bian

2x Failed CTB Member
Jun 10, 2022
Society genuinely doesn't have to get worse for it to eventually cause everything to collapse on itself. I think eventually we'll be living in Orwell's 1984 in some kind of way. Sounds unrealistic, but things have been slowly becoming very similar to it.

• Love
Reactions: Homo erectus, Zegers, LONE WOLF. and 2 others
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Worst , where i live in Canada we've just had record high temperature, very low precipitation and record forest fire. We are experiencing very slow extinction, we just don't see it.

Too much human being , give us the right to die with N already, problem solved.

But i know it won't happen as human being always act when they have their back against the wall.

• Love
Reactions: OceanBlue, Homo erectus, AsleepPreference160 and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Worse!!!
Too many humans, we are killing the planet. It will continue to decline. And those idiot prolifers are making it worse.
They try to stop suicide and abortions. It will keep making the problems even more hellish.
I wish there was something to keep humans from procreating until they are deemed worthy of having and raising them.
The religious nuts are ruining this planet and everyones lives. :angry::hmph:

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, LittleJem, Homo erectus and 4 others
SuicidalOrganism

SuicidalOrganism

Experienced
May 31, 2023
Worse!!!
Too many humans, we are killing the planet. It will continue to decline. And those idiot prolifers are making it worse.
They try to stop suicide and abortions. It will keep making the problems even more hellish.
I wish there was something to keep humans from procreating until they are deemed worthy of having and raising them.
We have hit 8 billion

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Homo erectus and not-2-b-the-answer
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Worse!!!
šŸ’ÆAgree. šŸŗ

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Homo erectus and not-2-b-the-answer
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I don't see things getting much better on earth, except in the field of technology and scientific advances.

Reactions: Homo erectus, AsleepPreference160, ggetout33 and 2 others
ggetout33

ggetout33

Better to reign in hell...
Mar 3, 2023
I don't see things getting much better on earth, except in the field of technology and scientific advances.
That's if republicans and stupid people don't ruin that too...

Reactions: Homo erectus and not-2-b-the-answer
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
It always must get worse before it gets better. It's a cycle. Problem is, the "worse" part today is nuclear.

Reactions: loopdaloop, not-2-b-the-answer and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
New technology will be used for mass surveillance and control. It has been tested for some time now in various countries. One world government is increasing likely. A small group of people will control everything. They will control the information bubble of every individual to make people think they are happy, have hope and future. That's the Matrix. It will be terrible.

• Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and not-2-b-the-answer
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
I would hope that animal factory farms will cease to exist and humans will eventually understand antinatalism and stop procreating.. real progress would be to make sure no life can ever exist here before we leave for good. That's my utopia and if it's ever meant to happen it would take thousands of years to get there looking at the average awareness level of a human being. So for a long time it will be more of the same, maybe we will be able to mitigate climate change, manage to get rid of plastic waste, but humans don't change, they still want power and territory, it's always about money and status - it's likely it will lead to more wars. It's a bit deluded to stay optimistic about human species.

What I know for certain is that this planet needs to be ended as it literally runs on suffering and death.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, SuicidŠµ, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
ZM4ever

ZM4ever

Not A Chance
Jan 1, 2023
What I know for certain is that this planet needs to be ended as it literally runs on suffering and death.
Reminded me of this quote/rant by Michael Crichton I had saved

"You think man can destroy the planet? What intoxicating vanity. Let me tell you about our planet. Earth is four-and-a-half-billion-years-old. There's been life on it for nearly that long, 3.8 billion years. Bacteria first; later the first multicellular life, then the first complex creatures in the sea, on the land. Then finally the great sweeping ages of animals, the amphibians, the dinosaurs, at last the mammals, each one enduring millions on millions of years, great dynasties of creatures rising, flourishing, dying away -- all this against a background of continuous and violent upheaval. Mountain ranges thrust up, eroded away, cometary impacts, volcano eruptions, oceans rising and falling, whole continents moving, an endless, constant, violent change, colliding, buckling to make mountains over millions of years. Earth has survived everything in its time. It will certainly survive us. If all the nuclear weapons in the world went off at once and all the plants, all the animals died and the earth was sizzling hot for a hundred thousand years, life would survive, somewhere: under the soil, frozen in Arctic ice. Sooner or later, when the planet was no longer inhospitable, life would spread again. The evolutionary process would begin again. It might take a few billion years for life to regain its present variety. Of course, it would be very different from what it is now, but the earth would survive our folly, only we would not. If the ozone layer gets thinner, ultraviolet radiation sears the earth, so what? Ultraviolet radiation is good for life. It's powerful energy. It promotes mutation, change. Many forms of life will thrive with more UV radiation. Many others will die out. Do you think this is the first time that's happened? Think about oxygen. Necessary for life now, but oxygen is actually a metabolic poison, a corrosive glass, like fluorine. When oxygen was first produced as a waste product by certain plant cells some three billion years ago, it created a crisis for all other life on earth. Those plants were polluting the environment, exhaling a lethal gas. Earth eventually had an atmosphere incompatible with life. Nevertheless, life on earth took care of itself. In the thinking of the human being a hundred years is a long time. A hundred years ago we didn't have cars, airplanes, computers or vaccines. It was a whole different world, but to the earth, a hundred years is nothing. A million years is nothing. This planet lives and breathes on a much vaster scale. We can't imagine its slow and powerful rhythms, and we haven't got the humility to try. We've been residents here for the blink of an eye. If we're gone tomorrow, the earth will not miss us."

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
We should do what we can to destroy the atmosphere, use that human ingenuity and propensity for destruction where it matters.

l0stc4use

l0stc4use

lonely
May 6, 2022
i feel like the world will definitely become worse in the upcoming years. im not saying that in a pessimistic way, i mean look at how things have tensed up. also the climate is changing, did u see the stuff about nyc air being horrible today? i wish it wasn't like this but i really don't have hope

Reactions: psp3000, not-2-b-the-answer, Homo erectus and 1 other person
deathistheaesthetic

deathistheaesthetic

call me lalo
Dec 1, 2020
It's obviously gonna get worse. Right now you can't even get people to acknowledge the reality of climate change, or even something (relatively) smaller like a pandemic. A bunch of Europeans went hardcore white nationalist just because of Syrian refugees. Like half of the US chimps the fuck out over the "border invasion" lol. Imagine what happens when the entire global south has to flee from desertification, water scarcities, and wet-bulb conditions hitting them first. It's not gonna be pretty.
The planet is over populated, destruction of resources and war, these things will sort it out sooner or later.
There's no such thing as overpopulation. The planet has the resources to support all of us who are projected to exist, but just not the excesses of the first-world who are obsessed with carcinogenic red meats and pedestrian killing SUVs, both of which contribute heavily to the climate catastrophe. Frankly, people only parrot Malthusian thought because the populations of non-"white" countries haven't plateaued yet, in spite of the fact that they're entirely on course to do so.

sensenmann

sensenmann

this will be the end of me
Jun 14, 2023
Worse, the earth and humans are messed up beyond repair.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
L

lyfsoverrated

May 22, 2023
Worse, I see zero signs of anything changing that.
I see people in horrible conditions having kids, which will have 0 chance of average quality of life. That's humans for ya, dumbest thing is hope and faith, its the most disappointing thing in my life time.