Do you find music to be less and less relatable as you feel more suicidal ?

• Yes

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • I don't know what you are talking about .

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I liked the song " What a wonderful world" . Now whenever I listen to it, I feel like "meh" can't relate much . The world's not too wonderful for me .
I liked Emminems " I'm not afraid" which is a rap about giving a fight back against your problems but my situation feels so hopeless that I can't relate .
Any song with a positive outlook which I previously liked are now just meaningless words with good background music .
Songs with negative connotations pique my interest much more like "Boulevard of broken dreams" by green day .

This process doesn't happen consciously, but you just know the end result i.e. not getting the same kick as the song used to give me before.

Anybody feel this ?

Reactions: neurotic, Erik.t.f and Rocinante
E

Erik.t.f

Experienced
Jun 1, 2023
notice the same during bad periods, positive/music with a lot of energy gives nothing anymore, just becomes tiring to listen to

• Informative
Reactions: Rocinante and MeltingBrain
TheNeighboursKid159

TheNeighboursKid159

Have a nice day
May 12, 2023
Certainly depends on what songs you're listening to.

Reactions: Rocinante and Skathon
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
There's lots of great music with dark and/or intellectual themes that I am drawn to. Even for things that I can't relate to or don't agree with I can still appreciate it as art. I also listen to the music primarily and good lyrics are just a bonus for me. In particular I love when there are dark lyrics set to fun/happy music.

Reactions: Rocinante and lachrymost
socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
When I'm feeling sucidal music often feels more powerful

Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022
Positive music, yes, but sadder music becomes more relatable to me the worse I get.

• Informative
acerace

acerace

Jun 5, 2023
I like listening to kpop cuz it's usually fun music but I don't understand what they're saying so I cld just enjoy the beat without getting annoyed at what they're singing about if that makes sense.

jazzcat

jazzcat

dark eyed and miserable
May 19, 2023
uh I don't usually care about the lyrics, I tend to ignore them, but there are times when I only want to listen to sad music

Reactions: Rocinante
neurotic

neurotic

๐ˆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž /// ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™
May 24, 2023
Just like medicine, the music I used to overcome my emotions stopped working.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Rocinante, (ยฅ), MeltingBrain and 1 other person
kaleidoscopedreams

kaleidoscopedreams

waste of space-space of waste
Jun 10, 2023
Yes, I feel as though those around me know that I'm faking it. The mask has become very thin & fragile, I tend to stay away from people more often than not. I don't want to b the black void that sucks everyone else in

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I cannot stand any kind of positive music personally, especially repetitive songs. A lot of music is just irritating to me as well, I hate how there's a song called "what a wonderful world".

PinkyStat

PinkyStat

Itโ€™s killing me
Jun 4, 2023
i mean, it depends on the song

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

โ€œMay it please you.โ€ โ€” Ben Pollack
Jun 19, 2023
There have been entire weeks where I did not listen to a single song. The record has been three and a half weeks. But considering my extremely limited scope of music (1933-1935), and my fixation on Herbie Kay's "Rhythm Steps", I have tried to play them at least several days a week.

Earlier this used to be every single day, but I have learned to cut back recently.

I realize now that these songs are the only thing I have ever liked about living. I have not had interest in any music recorded after this point, even before I was aware of the existence of these songs. I will not spend my remaining time on this planet listening to songs I have no interest in.

MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
I liked the song " What a wonderful world" . Now whenever I listen to it, I feel like "meh" can't relate much . The world's not too wonderful for me .
I liked Emminems " I'm not afraid" which is a rap about giving a fight back against your problems but my situation feels so hopeless that I can't relate .
Any song with a positive outlook which I previously liked are now just meaningless words with good background music .
Songs with negative connotations pique my interest much more like "Boulevard of broken dreams" by green day .

This process doesn't happen consciously, but you just know the end result i.e. not getting the same kick as the song used to give me before.

Anybody feel this ?
I listen to horror punk or gothic metal, misfits and bliztkid songs always talk about death either in a romantic way or in a funny way or just in general, it's very calming as death is a cycle of life, and should be something to fear

• Informative
D

dernieresolution

Mar 19, 2023
Any kind of love song or song on friendship will not help me.

Mostly massive attack and stalker sound track for me.

Play a good love song (swift is pretty good) and you fuck with my emotion

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I hate it when you overlisten to something you love and it loses it's effect.

I do have to be in specific moods for different music. Otherwise- yeah- it can irritate me. Sometimes, I just can't cope with listening to songs that will make me cry. Other times, it's nice to let it all out. It's when they used to play them at work! I'd find it hard to keep it together. (Sometimes I didn't but I don't think anyone noticed- thankfully.)

I love music though. It's maybe my favourite art form. If anything- feeling suicidal just makes me more prone to blubbing though- rather than less.

Reactions: Rocinante and 12_Years_Late
(ยฅ)

(ยฅ)

โ
Jun 8, 2023
opposite. and prophetic (ironic)?. if it is like this, i think, it is a reminder of the wrongs i committed. because of where i am, i am afraid i am right.....

• Hugs
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
There's one song I like to play along to on guitar when I feel depressed. Whenever I play it I almost feel in tune with the song, note for note it's like it resonates with me

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: (ยฅ) and MeltingBrain
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
There's one song I like to play along to on guitar when I feel depressed. Whenever I play it I almost feel in tune with the song, note for note it's like it resonates with me
Which song ?