LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
I feel as "a man" I have failed. I have allowed mental illness to overcome my life. I have no ambition. No goals. No passion for anything. And I feel I can barely provide for myself and the future looks bleak and daunting. A man is supposed to be courageous, ambitious, strong-willed, and a leader of his life. And I've failed at these things.
Anyway, forgive me for saying so, but I always assumed women had it slightly bit easier, but seeing as there's a fair share of both genders present on this site, that might not necessarily be true. So just curious (and bored/lonely on a Friday night), do you feel you've "failed" to live up to your gender's "requirements," whatever they may be?

• Hugs
Reactions: Kassender, OreoWellington, SawItOnce and 4 others
SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
No to your question, I don't feel like I have failed to live up to any requirements, mainly because I don't recognise them. Any "requirement" you feel you have to live up to is imagined, a man can be lots of different things and success/failure are defined by ourselves.

Reactions: End Piece, MeltingHeart, Pineapplecrown and 4 others
sammii

sammii

I have no idea what I’m doing.
Oct 9, 2019
Not sure if this counts but I'm a woman who can't have kids so I honestly feel this all the time, every time someone asks me if I'm planning on settling down and having kids because that's all women are good for right? :wink: (totally kidding) it's pretty depressing.

I feel you on the no ambition, no goals thing, I'm the exact same. I have no motivation to do anything useful with my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: LuzurPhagget
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
The vast majority of men I've met are assholes, I don't know where you pulled those adjectives from. Regardless, you're just buying in to societal BS. There's no right or wrong way to live your life, period, paragraph, end of story.

Reactions: archipelago, End Piece, marconk and 4 others
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
Not sure if this counts but I'm a woman who can't have kids so I honestly feel this all the time, every time someone asks me if I'm planning on settling down and having kids because that's all women are good for right? :wink: (totally kidding) it's pretty depressing.

I feel you on the no ambition, no goals thing, I'm the exact same. I have no motivation to do anything useful with my life.

I'm sorry to hear. And I could/would never bring children into this world with MY genes. Little buggers wouldn't stand a chance.

Reactions: Lester Cohle and Itsalmosttime
sammii

sammii

Oct 9, 2019
I'm sorry to hear. And I could/would never bring children into this world with MY genes. Little buggers wouldn't stand a chance.
It's probably for the best, my genes are pretty awful too :ahhha: with my mental health issues and autism, plus I can't even look after myself never mind look after a child! Silver linings haha

• Love
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019

This.. i lost the ability to have children at 19. and while i know my life is not conditional on me reproducing. but the way society views women. if you don't have kids and settled down, your a failure.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: archipelago, Rational Suicide, Fadinglife and 3 others
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
This.. i lost the ability to have children at 19. and while i know my life is not conditional on me reproducing. but the way society views women. if you don't have kids and settled down, your a failure.

Wow, geez, totally overlooked the "requirement" of women to bear children. Sorry to hear.

Reactions: sammii
sammii

sammii

Oct 9, 2019
Of course. Not a single woman has been interested in me, which proves that I have no value at all. If a man isn't attractive to women that tells him all he needs to know - he isn't a man, but a walking disease. I can't in honesty even call myself a man, at best I'm a timid little boy who has never grown up. In reality I'm a malformed mess of human deformity, a small and insignificant and repellent lump of useless organs, a bag of excrement dragged around through life without direction or purpose. ,

I feel embarrassed and ashamed when I have to share space with real men. Men with muscles, men with masculinity, men with female interest. I'm an impostor. I might as well castrate myself and be done with it.
I'm sure you'll find someone who loves you for who you are, there's a lot of ladies out there! Besides I assure you, you don't need muscles to be a man :wink: I'm all about those dad bods haha

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Yes. yes.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers and LuzurPhagget
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
Of course. Not a single woman has been interested in me, which proves that I have no value at all. If a man isn't attractive to women that tells him all he needs to know - he isn't a man, but a walking disease. I can't in honesty even call myself a man, at best I'm a timid little boy who has never grown up. In reality I'm a malformed mess of human deformity, a small and insignificant and repellent lump of useless organs, a bag of excrement dragged around through life without direction or purpose. ,

I feel embarrassed and ashamed when I have to share space with real men. Men with muscles, men with masculinity, men with female interest. I'm an impostor. I'm not a man, but some sort of faggot creature. I might as well castrate myself and be done with it.

....so I take it you have some self-esteem issues? Lol, wow, I actually say pretty similar shit to myself all the time. We would never fit into King Leonidas' 300 army my friend :(

sammii

sammii

Oct 9, 2019
....so I take it you have some self-esteem issues? Lol, wow, I actually say pretty similar shit to myself all the time. We would never fit into King Leonidas' 300 army my friend :(
Most men wouldn't fit into king leonidas' 300 army, no one irl looks like that :haha: I don't think muscles are required to be a man though, but that's just my opinion..

• Love
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
Most men wouldn't fit into king leonidas' 300 army, no one irl looks like that :haha: I don't think muscles are required to be a man though, but that's just my opinion..

Aha, to be honest, that isn't even my ideal body type. Seems a lil too bulky. I'd prefer to be more slim and agile. But to each their own yknow.

P.s. This is DEFINITELY not Sparta lol

Last edited:
Reactions: SawItOnce and sammii
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Well I'm an unattractive female, and society considers them the fairer sex, puts nearly all worth into whether they are beautiful or not, so sure, you could say I didn't meet the standard in that regard. I exist as either invisible to others or the subject of insults.
Not worth knowing or having interest in as a person. Even my own blood is embarrassed of me and feels superior to me because of my poor looks. They don't even ask about me as I rot in my bedroom for years on end.
It doesn't have to be a romantic/sexual scenario.
Even in platonic relationships, people prefer to look at-and be seen with-a prettier package.
If anyone does want me around, it's to make themselves feel better in comparison.
You cease to be human at some point.
Having beauty is an unfortunate essential to being female (As are-eerily- neotenous features and a shorter than usual height, I'm not even tall but I've been made to feel like a giant because unless you are a runway model, everyone seems to prefer you having a child's stature if you're a girl. Men's reasons for this are disgusting, all down to how big they feel in comparison, especially in the bedroom. But even so, I've known many women who have been petrified of growing any taller than
5' 3"...it certainly rubbed off on me growing up. But it's made worse by being ugly. When you're ugly, it is better to be as small as possible so you draw less attention to your features. So I don't consider my current height that bad, just not ideal, even less so given the circumstances. So when men talk about height issues, not being tall enough. It is a two way street.
Obviously attractiveness overall is important to both sexes, but if you're an unattractive woman, you're not only no longer a person, but no longer a woman.)

^To that point, I have also had people ask if I was even a girl, which-to me- is one of the most insulting things a female can experience. Especially when I have very long hair. So really there's no excuse, I'm just ugly.

I don't know of any other ways to feel I failed as my own gender. I feel like there are some stereotypical things about women that I am glad I failed to meet. Even watching films and reading books growing up, I never identified or looked up to the female characters or their femininity.
(I wanted to be good looking like them, that was about it.)
It was rare that one was written or portrayed in such a way that I admired. I don't want to be a housewife. I don't want to be a doting girlfriend. I don't want children. I don't want to have sex. I do not want to get married. I don't want to wear makeup, but even at times where I would have liked to as something fun, I would end up looking ridiculous and it would wreak havoc on my sensitive skin and eyelashes.
Now my skin is supremely damaged and my eyebrows and eyelashes have alopecia areata (one of MANY issues wrong with my appearance) so I couldn't wear it even if I wanted to or even if I was attractive enough for it not to look like Hell.
Now I am naturally a very hygiene and self care oriented person, but because I'm so hard on the eyes, I have become depressed to where I do not see the point in taking care of myself. I feel more pathetic when I do, like I'm ignoring reality.
If I had a good base to work off of, then I would probably meet the typical standard of females grooming themselves to a science.
This is just one area in which I cannot even be my true self or function because I feel so disgusted and so trapped by own flesh. So so so uncomfortable. I just want to look like the person I was meant to be, so I can inhabit that body and face and finally feel at ease enough to progress and live. But I'd need a time machine too at this point, as eternal youth is also an expectation of females. It would be more about regaining lost time though, for me.
I've lost way too many years to this shit. The years that are supposed to be the best, where we are supposed to experience the most freedom, I have just felt bars pressed up against my organs.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: archipelago, End Piece, SawItOnce and 9 others
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
Well I'm an unattractive female, and society considers them the fairer sex, puts nearly all worth into the whether they are beautiful or not, so sure, you could say I didn't meet the standard in that regard. I exist as either invisible to others or the subject of insults.
Not worth knowing or having interest in as a person. Even my own blood is embarrassed of me and feels superior to me because of my poor looks. They don't even ask about me as I rot in my bedroom for years on end.
Even in platonic relationships, people prefer to look at-and be seen with-a prettier package.
If anyone does want me around, it's to make themselves feel better in comparison.

I've also had people ask if I was even a girl, which-to me- is one of the most insulting things a female can experience. Especially when I have very long hair. So really there's no excuse, I'm just ugly.

I don't know of any other ways to feel I failed as my own gender. I feel like there are some stereotypical things about women that I am glad I failed to meet. Even watching films and reading books growing up, I never identified or looked up to the female characters or their femininity.
It was rare that one was written or portrayed in such a way that I admired. I don't want to be a housewife. I don't want to be a doting girlfriend. I don't want children. I don't want to have sex. I do not want to get married. I don't want to wear makeup, but even at times where I would have liked to as something fun, I would end up looking ridiculous and it would wreak havoc on my sensitive skin and eyelashes.
Now my skin is supremely damaged and my eyebrows and eyelashes have alopecia areata (one of MANY issues wrong with my appearance) so I couldn't wear it even if I wanted to or even if I was attractive enough for it not to look like Hell.
Now I am naturally a very hygiene and self care oriented person, but because I'm so hard on the eyes, I have become depressed to where I do not see the point in taking care of myself. I feel more pathetic when I do, like I'm ignoring reality.
If I had a good base to work off of, then I would probably meet the typical standard of females grooming themselves to a science.
This is just one area in which I cannot even be my true self or function because I feel so disgusted and so trapped by own flesh. So so so uncomfortable. I just want to look like the person I was meant to be, so I can inhabit that body and face and finally feel at ease enough to progress and live. But I'd need a time machine too at this point, as eternal youth is also an expectation of females. It would be more about regaining lost time though, for me.
I've lost way too many years to this shit. The years that are supposed to be the best, where we are supposed to experience the most freedom, I have just felt bars pressed up against my organs.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear you've had to go through all that and had to deal with such pricks in your life. I'm sure there are people out there who aren't so judgemental on looks.

And for what it's worth, there's this girl at work that I'm oddly attracted to and she isn't conventionally attractive (she does have prominent facial hair). I just find her cute though. Her mannerisms are just unusual and disarming and endearing. She actually really reminds me of a girl I REALLY liked in the past and that might partly have something to do with it.

• Love
Reactions: OreoWellington, Élégie and LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Aw, I'm sorry to hear you've had to go through all that and had to deal with such pricks in your life. I'm sure there are people out there who aren't so judgemental on looks.

And for what it's worth, there's this girl at work that I'm oddly attracted to and she isn't conventionally attractive (she does have prominent facial hair). I just find her cute though. Her mannerisms are just unusual and disarming and endearing. She actually really reminds me of a girl I REALLY liked in the past and that might partly have something to do with it.
Thanks for trying to cheer me up. It is nice that you are charmed by that girl.
It is unfortunate that we live in a world where this kind of thing matters.
It's more of an individual need for me though, ultimately. It goes beyond the gender stereotype.
Even if I was around people who were not so judgemental (although I think everyone is subconsciously, some are just more aware of it and have the tact to curb it) I would still need to look how I wanted to look for me, for my own personal comfort in my own skin. Even if I was the last person on earth. Since I have no desire for a relationship in which someone would have to be attracted to me in THAT way, having that wouldn't make me feel any better. It doesn't make the reactions I get or lack of interest as a human being any less insulting, because it is still a measure of where I stand, and how far it is from where I want to be.
But I was mainly including the other stuff since the question was about how we may have felt we failed to meet the standard of our gender. And those standards go beyond my own individual reasoning.
It is a good question btw, however sad the implication may be.

• Love
Reactions: SawItOnce
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
Thanks for trying to cheer me up. It is nice that you are charmed by that girl.
It is unfortunate that we live in a world where this kind of thing matters.
It's more of an individual need for me though, ultimately. It goes beyond the gender stereotype.
Even if I was around people who were not so judgemental (although I think everyone is subconsciously, some are just more aware of it and have the tact to curb it) I would still need to look how I wanted to look for me, for my own personal comfort in my own skin. Even if I was the last person on earth. Since I have no desire for a relationship in which someone would have to be attracted to me in THAT way, having that wouldn't make me feel any better. It doesn't make the reactions I get or lack of interest as a human being any less insulting, because it is still a measure of where I stand, and how far it is from where I want to be.
But I was mainly including the other stuff since the question was about how we may have felt we failed to meet the standard of our gender. And those standards go beyond my own individual reasoning.
It is a good question btw, however sad the implication may be.

Have you ever considered cosmetic surgery? I know ultimately we have to accept our imperfections and find our own inner beauty yada yada yada, but ultimately it's your body and you can do whatever the hell you want with it and I think some people have actually benefited from altering it.

• Love
Reactions: SawItOnce, Pony and LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Have you ever considered cosmetic surgery? I know ultimately we have to accept our imperfections and find our own inner beauty yada yada yada, but ultimately it's your body and you can do whatever the hell you want with it and I think some people have actually benefited from altering it.
Yes, I'm glad you brought that up and have an open stance on it. Actually, surgery and procedures have been the only thing I've thought about being an option besides ctb.
But I do want to still look natural and the ones I need are so complicated and so expensive and doctors have been such a pain. I feel like I have to go through so many people just to beg to be "pretty." It is demeaning and defeating.
I went through over 4 years of braces as a kid because my teeth were so jacked up but it only camouflaged my teeth by straightening them as much as possible, the original jaw issues and resulting facial structure problems that the teeth stemmed from remain. I should have gotten double jaw surgery and palatal expansion but instead I got extractions of healthy teeth and
now my jaw bone joints are wearing away and my teeth roots are resorbing so I'm losing even more bone. This was shown to me in x rays (I think it's different than an x Ray but they look similar and I forget the name) at my last dentist appointment.

I also had another procedure as a teenager. Elective but part of it was supposed to help my awful breathing. I got my tonsils and adenoids removed but that didn't help. And my teeth were retracted further into my face with the braces so my airway was closed off even more by my tongue being forced back into my throat.
(I had no clue at the time that this is something which jaw surgery also would have helped..opening the airway, etc).
Well turned out this elective procedure was not the thing to do.

The feature I ended up messing with was actually one of my few good ones but in relation to the rest of my face, which is very poor, it seemed too much to me. At that age, I also didn't know of any other procedure that changed someone's looks drastically. I was young, uninformed, I could not properly assess my issues yet. I just knew I didn't look like other girls or even my own family and I was in such distress. I was eager without caution.
I even left school due to feeling so ugly. I was told so to my face and behind my back. I had people make animal sounds and puking noises when I entered the cafeteria. I wasn't overweight or anything. (Although I did go through eating disorders in an attempt to control something about myself, when I felt I had no other form of control over my looks).
It was just pure unfortunate genetics.

So anyway I did get that other procedure and it ended up ruining the feature, both functionally and aesthetically, the surgeon screwed up. There were many red flags but I was too naive to realize them beforehand.
I have since had a few other people contacting me who were former patients, referring to my surgeon as a butcher or just simply giving unacceptable results. He affected even more than just that feature, also causing issues with the surrounding area as a result.
To have this single feature revised is upward of 20k. (Some aspects are not even fixable.) Not counting the mind numbing research, time, and travel for multiple consultations to ensure the best bet be placed on a good surgeon. And there are still no guarantees it will go well.
If it doesn't, the surgeon will not refund or take responsibility. Patient rights for plastic surgery are laughable. Surgeons get away with murder. It's not like other medical professions. This was another thing I had to learn the hard way.

And this is just fixing a mistake. One mistake.
This isn't even getting started on the original issues. Which have been complicated by taking the wrong course with camouflage orthodontics as a child.
And beyond that, 3 years ago, I had a fluke accident happen with the skin on my face. I basically chemically burned it with a product I thought was mild and safe.
It has never been the same and seems permanently and noticeabley aged and damaged. It burns and aches to this day. Since it covers my whole face, it affects every feature of my face, ending just before my ears begin. (A woman I spoke to online who dealt with something similar, literally took her own life after half a year of dealing with it, and I've known of more cases where someone took their life after the same thing occurring. Eventually I had trouble even connecting with others who had the same incident happen because it wasn't even the only thing I was dealing with. Already killing people off on it's own.)
My skin was basically the last good feature I had after all I've been through. I ruined the other one.
I had a bad face, one surgically ruined feature, but my skin was very good after going on accutane because I also began to deal with cystic acne for a short while. I went on the drug to avoid scarring, it worked and I took such good care of that one feature, I already lived like a vampire so avoiding the sun wasn't hard, it was like a filter to the rest of the mess that was my face. Now, even that is ruined. And now after all that, I also have scars (and not from acne).

I've been to many dermatologists about it and other doctors to check bloodwork and allergies to make sure I don't have anything underlying going on preventing it from healing.
I do try my best to help myself even when I feel humiliated just walking outside my front door.
But if I can't even fix the result of a fluke accident, if I can't even reverse one thing, how am I supposed to reverse all these other mistakes, just to go back to the beginning and make the correct attempt at the correct type of procedure. Not to mention these are just the main issues, I have other smaller things affecting my appearance, like the eyebrow and eyelash loss (I'm literally too afraid to check my head for hair loss because some types of alopecia gets worse from stress so I feel like if I am aware of it, it will stress me out more and get worse..I wouldn't even let the doctor who diagnosed me check too far into my scalp.) Even just the stress alone is killing me, the lack of sleep, crying everyday is damaging me further, I have permanent broken blood vessels all over my lids from crying so violently. The list goes on and on like a bad joke. (I am usually never this detailed on the public threads in talking about it, so apologies for the long response.)
I also have issues with my body that are not weight related but I don't talk about those much because I am more of a face oriented person. It feels more strongly linked to my identity and thus more of an identity crisis. The issues below the neck are pretty sucky but not CTB worthy bad to me.

I'm just exhausted, I'm not a kid anymore no matter how much I feel like one, I've lost too much time to continue to go full throttle with cosmetic surgery. I have ptsd from the unnecessary procedure that already occurred, I don't trust doctors anymore. Especially not cosmetic/plastic ones. But I can't mold my face on my own. (I wish I could!!!)
I am in such mental and physical discomfort, that I can't even function properly, I can't even advocate for myself at appointments though I do try my best.
Because I think everyone deserves to be comfortable and confident in their own skin. Some people get by fine without that but I'm just not one of those people and I never will be. I don't consider myself a vain or superficial person as I do not extend my own need to look a certain way to other people. I do not care what other people look like, I only care if they do, as I feel their pain. I just want peace.
This has affected every aspect of my existence, as looks often do. And I have been unable to do anything else with my life that I wanted to do. I'm honestly sick of talking about and dealing with this type of issue but unless it physically all dissapears, I am shackled to it. I cannot be in such disharmony with my own flesh or I cannot survive.

And I agree that there's nothing wrong with cosmetic surgery when it goes right. Nothing wrong with wanting it even if it ends up going wrong. It can be life changing for many people.
No one should have to love something or be okay with something that they had no hand in cultivating themselves. I don't see that as self love, I've never understood people who present it as such. (So I'm glad you describe it as yada yada Lol)
I didn't choose this body or face.
I like who I am, but I don't have to like what I look like.
Yes, I made a bad decision but it stemmed from things that were already out of my control. And the surgeon still gave an awful result regardless of whether it was necessary or not. My parents were not properly informed either so they didn't take the right steps for me early on. Now I have to take several large steps backward before I can even take anymore forward.
And after researching my heart out, the prospect of me ever reaching a level of comfort and In time for it to be worth it, is BLEAK. I am just so tired. I sit here and watch the world go by, watch others around me have what I will never have and live their lives. Everyone has their problems sure, I have more than just the one, but this is the one that I cannot live with.
I just want to wake up, look in the mirror, and be content. I don't even ask for true happiness anymore.

Well, sorry for the novel lol

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: starshotplagues, SawItOnce, clownangel and 4 others
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
All my life I was "A crap girl", then "a shit woman"....aspiring androgonous and finally full on non binary.
Born as a female but veering from a male to female appearance, it's not that I don't LIKE girly stuff. I just don't understand it.
Make up is just a way of smearing dirt on the face. Dresses and skirts are just impractical. Womens clothes are just shite (esp no pockets). Handbags.....what's that? waxing/shaving etc..... fark!!! That hurts.

peacefully31425

peacefully31425

Dirtbag
Aug 28, 2018
I feel that I've failed to live up to the expectations people have had of me as a man. My step-father asked me if I was gay when I was trying to explain to him my mental health problems. I've had several women tell me to "man up". I sometimes wish I was still a child, then people would take my problems seriously.

• Aww..
Reactions: OreoWellington and LuzurPhagget
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
Believe me, girls don't have it easier. We are more susceptible to all kinds of illness. Just because you have mental problems doesn't make you any less than a man. I don't feel like a woman. I feel like a girl and I'm 34. I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome which is the highest ranking pain condition in medical history. One place I have t is in the vaginal area. So I can't have sex. As a woman I feel I'm supposed to have sex and I can't. I'm supposed to have a husband and I can't. I feel like a freak of nature. I got sick when I was 20 so my mind didn't really mature since I was isolated in my home. As a man you're not supposed to be anything. You're just supposed to be who you are. And you didn't allow mental illness to ruin your life. When you get depressed you feel all the things you're feeling like no drive or passion. I don't have that anymore either. I think you're putting too much pressure on yourself. Have you talked to a therapist about it? Maybe they can help you sort all there feelings out and build up your sef esteem. How old are you?

• Hugs
Reactions: End Piece, clownangel, RainAndSadness and 1 other person
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
Yes, I'm glad you brought that up and have an open stance on it. Actually, surgery and procedures have been the only thing I've thought about being an option besides ctb.
But I do want to still look natural and the ones I need are so complicated and so expensive and doctors have been such a pain. I feel like I have to go through so many people just to beg to be "pretty." It is demeaning and defeating.
I went through over 4 years of braces as a kid because my teeth were so jacked up but it only camouflaged my teeth by straightening them as much as possible, the original jaw issues and resulting facial structure problems that the teeth stemmed from remain. I should have gotten double jaw surgery and palatal expansion but instead I got extractions of healthy teeth and
now my jaw bone joints are wearing away and my teeth roots are resorbing so I'm losing even more bone. This was shown to me in x rays (I think it's different than an x Ray but they look similar and I forget the name) at my last dentist appointment.

I also had another procedure as a teenager. Elective but part of it was supposed to help my awful breathing. I got my tonsils and adenoids removed but that didn't help. And my teeth were retracted further into my face with the braces so my airway was closed off even more by my tongue being forced back into my throat.
(I had no clue at the time that this is something which jaw surgery also would have helped..opening the airway, etc).
Well turned out this elective procedure was not the thing to do.

The feature I ended up messing with was actually one of my few good ones but in relation to the rest of my face, which is very poor, it seemed too much to me. At that age, I also didn't know of any other procedure that changed someone's looks drastically. I was young, uninformed, I could not properly assess my issues yet. I just knew I didn't look like other girls or even my own family and I was in such distress. I was eager without caution.
I even left school due to feeling so ugly. I was told so to my face and behind my back. I had people make animal sounds and puking noises when I entered the cafeteria. I wasn't overweight or anything. (Although I did go through eating disorders in an attempt to control something about myself, when I felt I had no other form of control over my looks).
It was just pure unfortunate genetics.

So anyway I did get that other procedure and it ended up ruining the feature, both functionally and aesthetically, the surgeon screwed up. There were many red flags but I was too naive to realize them beforehand.
I have since had a few other people contacting me who were former patients, referring to my surgeon as a butcher or just simply giving unacceptable results. He affected even more than just that feature, also causing issues with the surrounding area as a result.
To have this single feature revised is upward of 20k. (Some aspects are not even fixable.) Not counting the mind numbing research, time, and travel for multiple consultations to ensure the best bet be placed on a good surgeon. And there are still no guarantees it will go well.
If it doesn't, the surgeon will not refund or take responsibility. Patient rights for plastic surgery are laughable. Surgeons get away with murder. It's not like other medical professions. This was another thing I had to learn the hard way.

And this is just fixing a mistake. One mistake.
This isn't even getting started on the original issues. Which have been complicated by taking the wrong course with camouflage orthodontics as a child.
And beyond that, 3 years ago, I had a fluke accident happen with the skin on my face. I basically chemically burned it with a product I thought was mild and safe.
It has never been the same and seems permanently and noticeabley aged and damaged. It burns and aches to this day. Since it covers my whole face, it affects every feature of my face, ending just before my ears begin. (A woman I spoke to online who dealt with something similar, literally took her own life after half a year of dealing with it, and I've known of more cases where someone took their life after the same thing occurring. Eventually I had trouble even connecting with others who had the same incident happen because it wasn't even the only thing I was dealing with. Already killing people off on it's own.)
My skin was basically the last good feature I had after all I've been through. I ruined the other one.
I had a bad face, one surgically ruined feature, but my skin was very good after going on accutane because I also began to deal with cystic acne for a short while. I went on the drug to avoid scarring, it worked and I took such good care of that one feature, I already lived like a vampire so avoiding the sun wasn't hard, it was like a filter to the rest of the mess that was my face. Now, even that is ruined. And now after all that, I also have scars (and not from acne).

I've been to many dermatologists about it and other doctors to check bloodwork and allergies to make sure I don't have anything underlying going on preventing it from healing.
I do try my best to help myself even when I feel humiliated just walking outside my front door.
But if I can't even fix the result of a fluke accident, if I can't even reverse one thing, how am I supposed to reverse all these other mistakes, just to go back to the beginning and make the correct attempt at the correct type of procedure. Not to mention these are just the main issues, I have other smaller things affecting my appearance, like the eyebrow and eyelash loss (I'm literally too afraid to check my head for hair loss because some types of alopecia gets worse from stress so I feel like if I am aware of it, it will stress me out more and get worse..I wouldn't even let the doctor who diagnosed me check too far into my scalp.) Even just the stress alone is killing me, the lack of sleep, crying everyday is damaging me further, I have permanent broken blood vessels all over my lids from crying so violently. The list goes on and on like a bad joke. (I am usually never this detailed on the public threads in talking about it, so apologies for the long response.)
I also have issues with my body that are not weight related but I don't talk about those much because I am more of a face oriented person. It feels more strongly linked to my identity and thus more of an identity crisis. The issues below the neck are pretty sucky but not CTB worthy bad to me.

I'm just exhausted, I'm not a kid anymore no matter how much I feel like one, I've lost too much time to continue to go full throttle with cosmetic surgery. I have ptsd from the unnecessary procedure that already occurred, I don't trust doctors anymore. Especially not cosmetic/plastic ones. But I can't mold my face on my own. (I wish I could!!!)
I am in such mental and physical discomfort, that I can't even function properly, I can't even advocate for myself at appointments though I do try my best.
Because I think everyone deserves to be comfortable and confident in their own skin. Some people get by fine without that but I'm just not one of those people and I never will be. I don't consider myself a vain or superficial person as I do not extend my own need to look a certain way to other people. I do not care what other people look like, I only care if they do, as I feel their pain. I just want peace.
This has affected every aspect of my existence, as looks often do. And I have been unable to do anything else with my life that I wanted to do. I'm honestly sick of talking about and dealing with this type of issue but unless it physically all dissapears, I am shackled to it. I cannot be in such disharmony with my own flesh or I cannot survive.

And I agree that there's nothing wrong with cosmetic surgery when it goes right. Nothing wrong with wanting it even if it ends up going wrong. It can be life changing for many people.
No one should have to love something or be okay with something that they had no hand in cultivating themselves. I don't see that as self love, I've never understood people who present it as such. (So I'm glad you describe it as yada yada Lol)
I didn't choose this body or face.
I like who I am, but I don't have to like what I look like.
Yes, I made a bad decision but it stemmed from things that were already out of my control. And the surgeon still gave an awful result regardless of whether it was necessary or not. My parents were not properly informed either so they didn't take the right steps for me early on. Now I have to take several large steps backward before I can even take anymore forward.
And after researching my heart out, the prospect of me ever reaching a level of comfort and In time for it to be worth it, is BLEAK. I am just so tired. I sit here and watch the world go by, watch others around me have what I will never have and live their lives. Everyone has their problems sure, I have more than just the one, but this is the one that I cannot live with.
I just want to wake up, look in the mirror, and be content. I don't even ask for true happiness anymore.

Well, sorry for the novel lol

Wow, I'm sorry you had to go through all that. Not even sure what to say lol. It seems you really already tried.

You seem like a really kind, gentle person. And I'm still positive there are people out there who aren't as judgemental (those assholes you encountered in school, they only bring people down to pull themselves up. It's pathetic). But in the meantime, pets are great for loving unconditionally. You have any pets?
Believe me, girls don't have it easier. We are more susceptible to all kinds of illness. Just because you have mental problems doesn't make you any less than a man. I don't feel like a woman. I feel like a girl and I'm 34. I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome which is the highest ranking pain condition in medical history. One place I have t is in the vaginal area. So I can't have sex. As a woman I feel I'm supposed to have sex and I can't. I'm supposed to have a husband and I can't. I feel like a freak of nature. I got sick when I was 20 so my mind didn't really mature since I was isolated in my home. As a man you're not supposed to be anything. You're just supposed to be who you are. And you didn't allow mental illness to ruin your life. When you get depressed you feel all the things you're feeling like no drive or passion. I don't have that anymore either. I think you're putting too much pressure on yourself. Have you talked to a therapist about it? Maybe they can help you sort all there feelings out and build up your sef esteem. How old are you?

Hey Sweet Emotion. I'm turning 29 this year (but don't plan on sticking around for that). Yep, i've seen my share of therapists, but at the end of the day, I just don't think I can change (or don't want to). Ive made peace with my decision :) And by the way, is that you in your profile pic. Really pretty ;) What's your background, if I may ask?

Last edited:
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
Well I'm an unattractive female, and society considers them the fairer sex, puts nearly all worth into whether they are beautiful or not, so sure, you could say I didn't meet the standard in that regard. I exist as either invisible to others or the subject of insults.
Having beauty is an unfortunate essential to being female (As are-eerily- neotenous features and a shorter than usual height, I'm not even tall but I've been made to feel like a giant because unless you are a runway model, everyone seems to prefer you having a child's stature if you're a girl. Men's reasons for this are disgusting, all down to how big they feel in comparison, especially in the bedroom. But even so, I've known many women who have been petrified of growing any taller than
5' 3"...it certainly rubbed off on me growing up. But it's made worse by being ugly. When you're ugly, it is better to be as small as possible so you draw less attention to your features. So I don't consider my current height that bad, just not ideal, even less so given the circumstances. So when men talk about height issues, not being tall enough. It is a two way street.
Obviously attractiveness overall is important to both sexes, but if you're an unattractive woman, you're not only no longer a person, but no longer a woman.)

^To that point, I have also had people ask if I was even a girl, which-to me- is one of the most insulting things a female can experience. Especially when I have very long hair. So really there's no excuse, I'm just ugly.

(I wanted to be good looking like them, that was about it.)
Im so sorry you have such a bad self image and that you don't feel worthy as a woman.

bluedream

bluedream

Sep 15, 2019
I'm a trans woman, and I definitely feel like I failed as a man. I don't feel like I'm a failure as a woman, I'm actually quite happy with who I am now. Even if I don't meet society's expectations.

• Hugs
Reactions: archipelago, BeautifulMosaics, Pony and 3 others
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I feel as "a man" I have failed. I have allowed mental illness to overcome my life. I have no ambition. No goals. No passion for anything. And I feel I can barely provide for myself and the future looks bleak and daunting. A man is supposed to be courageous, ambitious, strong-willed, and a leader of his life. And I've failed at these things.
Anyway, forgive me for saying so, but I always assumed women had it slightly bit easier, but seeing as there's a fair share of both genders present on this site, that might not necessarily be true. So just curious (and bored/lonely on a Friday night), do you feel you've "failed" to live up to your gender's "requirements," whatever they may be?
I don't think so. Though I'm an internal corpse two steps away from throwing itself off a cliff I've managed to keep up a veil of normalcy. I'm staying strong and not showing any weakness, because I owe it to my friends and family to be strong.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Im so sorry you have such a bad self image and that you don't feel worthy as a woman.
I feel I am worthy of a lot of things, as a woman and as a person. And that having a body and face which I am comfortable with is something that I deserve. I just don't have it. It is not my own self image. That type of rhetoric places the blame on me, but what set my dominos falling was not in my control.
It's just a harsh reality, the image of my physical self is not attractive. To think of it any differently would be deluding myself. And I am a staunch believer that living the harsh truth is better than living a lie.
Wow, I'm sorry you had to go through all that. Not even sure what to say lol. It seems you really already tried.

You seem like a really kind, gentle person. And I'm still positive there are people out there who aren't as judgemental (those assholes you encountered in school, they only bring people down to pull themselves up. It's pathetic). But in the meantime, pets are great for loving unconditionally. You have any pets?

Hey Sweet Emotion. I'm turning 29 this year (but don't plan on sticking around for that). Yep, i've seen my share of therapists, but at the end of the day, I just don't think I can change (or don't want to). Ive made peace with my decision :) And by the way, is that you in your profile pic. Really pretty ;) What's your background, if I may ask?
Other people and pets aren't going to help me. I had big dreams and ambitions, and I cannot accomplish anything when I am not happy in my skin. I will die but I will not settle.
If I did, I would feel even more pathetic. I would betray who I am by making due with this life, with this exterior. I refuse.
But thank you for the kind words.
And yes I do have 4 cats and a husky.
I love them but they will not keep me here.
I try to be kind but I detest that it has become a defense mechanism against others making cruel comments toward me in person.
I've never been able to speak my peace because of this.
And I am not gentle, only fragile. Living in this body is like living in a glass house. I must be cautious.
Really though, I am becoming an angry, bitter person capable of things unspeakable. I have even come to understand why some "evil" people do what they do. Pain can help you grow as a person but it can also cause you to rot if it goes on for too long. It's a shame.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: justwhy?, SawItOnce, noaccount and 1 other person
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Yeah I'm not exactly any sort of good example of a man.I'm an adult baby basically. An ugly one at that.

• Hmph!
  • Hugs
Reactions: azucaramargo and LuzurPhagget