Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Depresson is so misunderstood by those who are fortunate to have not suffered.
It is not unusual and becoming normality that i want to do less as each and everyday passes and motivation is on a downward spiral and non exsistant.

I have some lovely friends who i do believe understand my stress and anxiety but their lives are fulfilling and enjoyment and happiness is part of their daily lives.
After 3 years of depresson,I am so tired and my friend said "I cant understand why you feel so low !"
I am acustomed to this black cloud that follows me around and has become part of me.I hate it but its just what it is.
I feel less social each day and have got used to my own company and feel that i bring others down (even though i try hard not to.)
Does anyone else feel a burden and if so,does it bother you?
I am fed up with feeling like shit all the time,wanting to go back to sleep as soon as i have woken up just so i can have some peace.
When those around you start to think its time you should feel better but u feel so far from recovery and question if its ever possible - does that mean its time !

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, puppy9, StillWaiting and 9 others
Boobles

Boobles

Sep 28, 2019
Yes, I constantly feel like a burden, and I am right there with you on the sleep issue. If I am not working, I can easily sleep in until 7 or 8pm

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, puppy9, Lara Francis and 2 others
P

Phoenix1990

Jul 26, 2019
Not so much of a burden on family, but on friends and services.
Strangely enough I don't speech openly with friends about how I'm struggling mentally. I actually don't share anything personal and of importance, with them. They know on some level. Mental health services- I feel that I am definitely a burden on them. They have tired their hardest to get me well. The old me would have pretended that I am doing much better, but I know longer have it in me to pretend. It's game over soon anyway so fuck it!

• Hugs
Reactions: Lara Francis and Dawn0071111
Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
Yes, I constantly feel like a burden, and I am right there with you on the sleep issue. If I am not working, I can easily sleep in until 7 or 8pm
I just wanted to give a shout out to So Cali... Yup... even tho they insist I'm not. . Im convinced that once the grief of my death passes, it will be better for the remaining few

Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Not so much of a burden on family, but on friends and services.
Strangely enough I don't speech openly with friends about how I'm struggling mentally. I actually don't share anything personal and of importance, with them. They know on some level. Mental health services- I feel that I am definitely a burden on them. They have tired their hardest to get me well. The old me would have pretended that I am doing much better, but I know longer have it in me to pretend. It's game over soon anyway so fuck it!
It's so tiring pretending and I just don't want to do it anymore. I have no strength left. Hugs to you x

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Thanatos and Phoenix1990
P

Phoenix1990

Jul 26, 2019
It's so tiring pretending and I just don't want to do it anymore. I have no strength left. Hugs to you x
It truly is exhausting. I don't want to do it anymore either. How do you manage? X

Reactions: Lara Francis
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
It truly is exhausting. I don't want to do it anymore either. How do you manage? X
I try to remember that I am fighting to live for my son whom I am separated from as he is in care and I desperately want to be returned. He lost his dad to a stroke 3 years ago and I am all he has. He says I am his life but I find it so painful and hard being away from him and not knowing when the judge will decide to send him home where he belongs. X

• Hugs
Reactions: Boochky, clownangel and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
L

_Liveslowdiefast_

Sep 22, 2019
Rationally and emotionally I am, there is no way around that

P

Phoenix1990

Jul 26, 2019
I try to remember that I am fighting to live for my son whom I am separated from as he is in care and I desperately want to be returned. He lost his dad to a stroke 3 years ago and I am all he has. He says I am his life but I find it so painful and hard being away from him and not knowing when the judge will decide to send him home where he belongs. X
I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through so much. I hope you get lil man back soon.
My chest aches just imagining how you must be feeling. x

• Hugs
Reactions: Lara Francis
clownangel

clownangel

Student
Sep 25, 2019
I honestly become super closes off to my (few) friends fairly often & go under my rock because I don't want to burden them any more than I assume I already do. I've always felt like I burden my family though - mental health aside the whole disability bit makes me feel awful cuz it's like my parents never got a break once I "grew up".

• Hugs
Reactions: Boochky
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I more so feel like a burden because of my deteriorating physical health. I can't drive, walking long distances is getting harder on my back, certain lights trigger migraines. Never knowing if I'll have a seizure. And then all the anxiety about worrying about all of those situations just keeps me from even trying. I very recently lost my last friend due to all of this. I see my mother aging from stress about all of my shit and I feel gutted.

• Hugs
Reactions: The.End
rossi

rossi

Sep 27, 2019
I can totally relate to this,i've felt like a burden most of my life,to my parents & family,girlfriends,friends,even work friends....I always felt like I was holding back someone from being all they could be because they were stuck with me.Even when my therapist tries the guilt trip on me with "how do you think they'll feel if you killed yourself?" I know for sure its bullshit she's just being paid to say....when i'm gone I know it'll be a relief to the few who even notice.

Reactions: Skathon
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
Services have given up on me but I feel like a burden to my partner x

A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I've felt like a burden to others my whole life but I did my best to minimize the impacts of my mental problems on family and the people around me. Then some years ago I started being totally unable to pretend any longer, unable to even try to smile, so I slowly pushed people away one by one, family, friends, coworkers etc...until there is no one left.

So now I'm a burden only to myself.

Last edited:
Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
My mom makes sure I know I'm a burden.

• Hugs
Reactions: mynameispaige
mynameispaige

mynameispaige

Sep 1, 2019
I've always felt like a burden and it's the main reason for why I want to end my life. I feel like the worlds better off without me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Painpleasure and Boochky
Painpleasure

Painpleasure

Student
Apr 9, 2019
No child should have to feel like a burden under any circumstances whatsoever.

Parents foolishly complain about the enormous effort they put into raising their children without realising that such effort would not be needing if the children were NOT CONCEIVED to begin with.

It is a crime and sin of the greatest magnitude to involuntary bring life into this hellish planet and complain about the maintenance of such child.
If you ever feel like a burden to your providers, ask yourself the question of whether you brought yourself into this plant by your own accord?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Skathon, Leshen, woxihuanni and 1 other person
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Not at all, I don't feel a burden. I'd be sad if anybody ctb because they feel that way. We deserve to have control over our own life and death, but we cannot have true control if the bullying voices in our heads make us feel worthless and a burden.

Reactions: Final Escape
SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
it's like a catch 22 burden: bringing people down with me while I'm alive - that feels like a burden, but if I CTB I'll only make people worse, but will they get over it? I don't know whats better

Reactions: Skathon and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Yes feel like a burden on others and myself. I wish there was an option to drop out of society but still lead a decent quality of life lol! I mean where u don't have to use their money system, you aren't expected to spend a fortune just to have a roof over your head with enough privacy so u aren't forced to live with tons of roommates because ure too poor to afford a single occupancy place. But I also don't want to live in undesirable areas because I'm poor lol!

StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
Cant help to but feel like a burden to others everywhere I go.
There's nothing much I can offer others. It is demoralising

http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
Yes, I feel like a parasite, especially towards society and relatives, because I'm a parasite.

Even if they would say something else, I know for sure that they are not telling the truth.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Skathon
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
All the time. Doesn't matter what I'm doing, who I'm around.

RottenDeer

RottenDeer

Rotten to the core.
Feb 29, 2020
Sometimes. I feel like a burden for my mother but that feeling decreased over the years.

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Yes, I feel like a burden, but only to those who willingly put me in this world, so it doesn't bother me.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Honestly, even when I'm enjoying life I sometimes start to resent that fact that I'm enjoying it in the first place, like I don't deserve to feel happiness because somehow I'm always draining from happiness somewhere else in the world as a result. It can be hard to get over this...

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I destroy peoples lives just by existing

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
Burden is my middle name, tehe xd.

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Yes I'm definitely a burden. I'm 24 and still live at home, and it doesn't look like I'll be living on my own anytime soon. I also don't work, so besides my SSI I'm not contributing to the family. My anxiety is the reason for all this and the many other things I can't do or have trouble doing so my mom has to help me.

• Love
Reactions: Lilacmoon
Phill

Phill

Student
Dec 19, 2019
Yes I'm definitely a burden. I'm 24 and still live at home, and it doesn't look like I'll be living on my own anytime soon. I also don't work, so besides my SSI I'm not contributing to the family. My anxiety is the reason for all this and the many other things I can't do or have trouble doing so my mom has to help me.
I understand you. I'm 30 and I also live with my parents. Can't really imagine myself living on my own. I now have a job, but I don't know how long i'll be working on it. The anxiety makes me wanna quit almost everyday.