rotten

rotten

Student
Apr 14, 2021
Do you feel zero connection to those you're supposed to be close to? As if everyone in your life was a stranger? I feel this way against my whole family these days. Even my boyfriend who I once loved so dearly. I'm not even sure what happened. If you experienced anything like this, feel free to share your thoughts.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, artificial_ineptness, TheSoulless and 4 others
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
I'm aware that even the people closest to me are strangers, but I hardly feel alienated. I don't tend to seek out relationships or bonds with others which is probably why the world is just a place full of strangers for me. But I kind of prefer it this way, so I can't relate to the feeling through any personal experience of mine.

Reactions: Un-, rotten and TheSoulless
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I don't feel much connection to my family much anymore. Don't know when it happened but it's how I feel now.

• Hugs
Reactions: rotten and TheSoulless
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I don't feel much connection to my family much anymore. Don't know when it happened but it's how I feel now.
Sorry to hear that, it's the same for me too. Every time I'm visiting my family I feel like I don't belong.

S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Absolutly,i'm completly lonley,never felt at home with my family

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless
Umbrella Weather

Umbrella Weather

Catastrophe Merchant
Mar 7, 2022
I completely relate to your feelings of alienation... After 'lonely', 'alienated' would be the word that describes me best. Though perhaps 'lonely' and 'alienated' are sensations which are intrinsically woven together: perhaps the only sensation of 'harmony' some of us will know :)

The troubling feeling of alienation I feel when coming here I have found deeply perplexing... It should not be soā€”I could not find a more like-minded group within which to mesh. Perhaps that is why I continue to return to this domain: some vain hope of conquering this self-hatred, paranoia, and fear amongst those with whom I can identify as safe... But then I post something as idiotic as this and everything is reset to zero and I am embarrassed and filled with self-loathing and hide under the covers for two days.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
It's just another horrible by-product of depression.

Reactions: š–£´ nadia š–£´