T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
So real quick, I'm not talking about wondering if things are real in a way that matches with simulation theory.

I'm not documented with Schizophrenia or anything like that. This mostly came along with the understanding of what the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes. And I have a hard time recalling people. Like lets take my mom as an example. I see my mom every day, but if I walk out of the room I honestly can't recall much of what she looks like. I might not even be able to recall what she was wearing or how tall she is. However, when I see her again I know exactly who it is and this could be seeing her in RL or in a picture. (I can recall some features if I put it to memory like eye color. But if I wasn't paying attention to that level, then I wouldn't know.)

I never been documented with anything on it, but I'm sure there is a name for it.

Anyways, the biggest fear I have is my mind going. Me not knowing reality. Me having dementia or something like it is one of my biggest fears.

Because I can't directly recall things like what given people look like when I'm not looking at them. When I think about it for a split second at times I question is the person even real. Like it doesn't happen often or anything like that. But for a split second I might wonder if they are real and do I have evidence to show they are real. What snaps me out of worrying is I might have something to do or I assume they are since I never shown actual signs of having that type of problem before. But it would be nice if there was a solid test I could ever do outside looking up a picture of them. Anyways, other things that has crossed my mind is what happens if like right now I'm righting this my computer is off, I'm sitting in a chair with a keyboard in my lap. Looking at a screen that is off.

Again, it's a fraction of a second when I think about it or question it. And it's kinda like if you watch a scary movie and you quickly question if you locked the doors kinda thing. Where the fight or flight comes in type of thing for a fraction of a second. But I wonder how people who do actually hallucinate test things to see what they are experiencing is real or not

Like if I talk to someone in a store, are they there? Am I just talking to myself? Is the store even there? Am I even awake?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, WitheringAway, VIBRITANNIA and 4 others
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
Sort of, I get dream-reality confusion where sometimes I can't remember if something happened in a dream or real life.

It's really weird because I have these times when I think back about a conversation I had with this person and then realize that I haven't talked to that person in months. Makes me feel like I'm going crazy.

Another interesting time was when I was trying to think of things to do and thought "well I've already done that" but then realized I did it in a dream.

Reactions: Skathon, Deleted member 4993 and death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Sort of, I get dream-reality confusion where sometimes I can't remember if something happened in a dream or real life.
This also happened to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: WitheringAway and Deleted member 4993
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i have trouble seeing other people as real. i feel like i'm the only real person there is. i have trouble seeing this world as real, as a matter of fact. who knows for sure if anything exists? who knows for sure that even i exist? it all seems so fake.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy, death137 and WitheringAway
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
i have trouble seeing other people as real. I feel like i'm the only real person there is. i have trouble seeing this world as real, as a matter of fact. who knows for sure if anything exists? who knows for sure that even i exist? it all seems so fake.
I feel the same way and it´s one of the more popular simulation theories out there that you can only be certain that yourself or at least your mind exist, you could possibly be a brain in a jar hooked up to a simulation that makes you experience the world and our senses.

Or maybe none of us are real and are just characters like in a Sims game that might also explain why when we walk into another room to do something we "forgot" what we were about to do but it might just be the player of the simulation like in Sims 2 where our simmer is about to do something random but we delete the task in the top left corner and they just stand there like they forgot what they were about to do when in "reality" it was us who made them forget it.

Personally I think we just seize to exist when we die but I often think about the simulation theory as it is very likely to be true and I have even made threads about it before with videos even videos of the Simulation Hypothesis since there have been made experiments to hypothesize if we actual live in a simulation the most common experiment is the double slit experiment where particles act differently when observed going through the two slits when observed.

Reactions: VIBRITANNIA