BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
Sometimes I feel like there could be people I went to school with here. I often have to remind myself that we're anonymous. And sometimes I have to edit my posts because I feel like I would definitely be recognized by sharing certain experiences.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, LastFlowers, allesistgut and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
If there are they should know there's nothing they can do to stop me and from what I can tell that's the only reason anyone I know would be on here.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, LastFlowers and Dead Meat
BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
If there are they should know there's nothing they can do to stop me and from what I can tell that's the only reason anyone I know would be on here.
I don't mean that they're here because of me, I just wonder if by coincidence, someone I know also found and is using this place because of their own troubles. It's just a curiosity.

Reactions: sserafim, Dead Meat and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't mean that they're here because of me, I just wonder if by coincidence, someone I know also found and is using this place because of their own troubles. It's just a curiosity.
Ah, I was only really talking about my own situation because nobody I know in real life would be sympathetic to this website. Even the people I know with depression or other legitimate problems are still very anti-suicide. One has even threatened to call the psych ward on me multiple times.

Basically in the case of people I know, the only reason they would be on this site is to try to see how far along in my plans I am so they can stop me. I could be wrong though but that's just how I see it. I suppose it's possible that someone I know might be here genuinely curious about what this site is all about without any awareness of me being here but I doubt it.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, LastFlowers and Dead Meat
BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
Ah, I was only really talking about my own situation because nobody I know in real life would be sympathetic to this website. Even the people I know with depression or other legitimate problems are still very anti-suicide. One has even threatened to call the psych ward on me multiple times.

Basically in the case of people I know, the only reason they would be on this site is to try to see how far along in my plans I am so they can stop me. I could be wrong though but that's just how I see it.
Do people irl know your "name" on here and are keeping an eye on your posts? If so, I say Yikes!

I suppose it's possible that someone I know might be here genuinely curious about what this site is all about without any awareness of me being here but I doubt it.
You never know. I am certain that people I went to school with would be shocked if they knew I was here or in the state of mind I am. But you never know what's going on in people's lives. And I'm just referring to persons you knew once upon a time. Seems anyone could be having crises that could lead them here.

Reactions: sserafim and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Do people irl know your "name" on here and are keeping an eye on your posts? If so, I say Yikes!
I've tried to keep my name anonymous on here but if anyone I knew came on this site and lurked long enough they'd probably be able to tell it was me. Some friends know I've been on "a suicide forum" but I never said exactly which one it was although that narrows it down quite heavily.

You never know. I am certain that people I went to school with would be shocked if they knew I was here or in the state of mind I am. But you never know what's going on in people's lives. And I'm just referring to persons you knew once upon a time. Seems anyone could be having crises that could lead them here.
True, though I guess if they're not here to try to stop me then I don't have any problem with it. I doubt I'll ever be able to find out if that's the case either.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, LastFlowers and BrokenBliss
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not know many people in the first place. However, if I knew more people I would not be surprised if they were on here. We live in a world where there is so much pain and suffering and there is so much that can potentially go wrong. It is perfectly understandable as to why so many people want to ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, LastFlowers and BrokenBliss
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
It's doubtful, but I certainly fucking hope not.
I could not care less if it was someone I only knew peripherally and we never crossed paths to the point of identifying one another, but I definitely don't need the bother of someone who knows me being a guest with unpleasant or nosy intentions.
It's a problem because I already underestimated how much attention this site would get and have perhaps overshared, maybe not by typical standards, but enough to worry if someone close enough ever makes their way here.
It's why I do wish we had a little bit more reach and permission to edit than we currently do, I realize it could cause other problems but I think privacy is of superior importance, especially when a vulnerable population is involved.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, BrokenBliss and Dr Iron Arc
kitch

kitch

Student
Jan 4, 2021
I find myself projecting my ideas about people IRL onto posters online.
"Is that possibly x ?" quite often .

I think it is an extension of IRL , projecting expectations onto other people ... ( we carry around a map of "what people are" , in order to communicate with them (?) ... and some of it is right and some wrong ... broad brush strokes ,,, )

Reactions: sserafim and BrokenBliss
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Sometimes I feel like there could be people I went to school with here. I often have to remind myself that we're anonymous. And sometimes I have to edit my posts because I feel like I would definitely be recognized by sharing certain experiences.
Yeah, I wonder if anyone from my high school or college is on here. I doubt it though. I think people would be shocked to know that I was on here.