LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
I find myself meditating more than praying, although I think I pray too sometimes.
I'm not strictly religious, just spiritual. I believe there are forces greater than us that are loving in their own way.
Nonetheless when I was little, being born in a strictly Catholic home I used to pray a lot, I used to pray for death at some point, I started at 8 yo.
Now when I pray I don't pray to God but rather to "whoever will listen".
Do you ever find yourself praying? What do you pray to?

• Love
Reactions: newave3, WitheringAway, Huntfish34 and 2 others
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
Since you've asked, I'm a practicing Catholic. I pray the rosary everyday ever since Christmas of last year. I generally pray about the well-being of my cousin since he is at the hospital, my grandfather's soul who recently died, my early death (if not winning the lotto, LOL), my brother's marriage (he's engaged), and safety and comfort of others. Lastly, I pray for our fellow SS members, including those who are deceased. Requiescat in pace.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WonderingSoul, newave3, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
I see it exactly the same way as you do. There is definitely something that created our universe - no matter what you call it.
And praying can achieve a lot - unfortunately it doesn't always help.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, WitheringAway and Huntfish34
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
"Give me peace, love, peace
And a hard cock"
-- Tori Amos

Reactions: newave3 and Ramirez
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
I use alot of alcohol among other things and I sure found myself praying while on the bowl once or twice recently. "Like jesus christ have mercy".
Sorry I find this funny :haha:

Reactions: newave3
Desperdición

Desperdición

Jun 24, 2021
I have always liked experimenting, among the tests I did, I could not miss the prayers, and as expected it did not give any results.
But once practicing meditation, something difficult happened to me to convey with words, but it fits very well with what you say; "I believe there are forces greater than us that are loving in their own way"
Despite that experience, I consider myself an agnostic with a strong tendency towards atheism.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
I have always liked experimenting, among the tests I did, I could not miss the prayers, and as expected it did not give any results.
But once practicing meditation, something difficult happened to me to convey with words, but it fits very well with what you say; "I believe there are forces greater than us that are loving in their own way"
Despite that experience, I consider myself an agnostic with a strong tendency towards atheism.
If I may ask, why haven't you practiced meditation further?

_r1a

_r1a

May 20, 2021
I pray to God, for him to save me from myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: WonderingSoul and newave3
Desperdición

Desperdición

Jun 24, 2021
If I may ask, why haven't you practiced meditation further?
Because good meditation is hard work, and I hate work xD, and if it is not done well it is boring, but surely I will try again when I am not so distracted with other things.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have never been one for praying. I'm not religious or spiritual in any way. I do not believe there is any sort of higher power.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I don't pray as much as I used to. But I still do at times, old habits die hard I suppose.

BeanyBoo

BeanyBoo

Jan 23, 2020
I learned from an early age that my prayers seem to fall on deaf ears. I do sometimes ask other people to pray for me. Some people seem to have a strong connection to the higher powers.
I do go thru my days with appreciation for all positive things large and small. I also grumble and cuss a bit too much over misfortunes and stubbed toes.

newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Yes, I do pray sometimes.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
I talk to myself a lot. That's about as effective as praying + it feels a lot better because I actually respond

Reactions: OceanBlue
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
If asking a god that I don't believe in not to wake up in the morning is considered praying, then yes.

All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
I used to when I was religious.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
If asking a god that I don't believe in not to wake up in the morning is considered praying, then yes.
Boy, God wants you to pay, not pray. Shell out the cash for N & He'll never wake you up again.

Reactions: All Things Must Pass
myfinalform

myfinalform

Oct 12, 2022
just once when somebody wanted to beat me up when i was kid, but now i dont even know how to start it, too suicidal to think about asking good for miracles

Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Even though I'm an atheist, the last two weeks I did so out of instinct. I guess, for me, it's a form of meditation. I don't normally pray, though.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I pray to every diety out there, every night that I die in my sleep. So far, nobody is listening to my prayers. I guess I'm broadcasting too wide.