• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

NotesFromTheShadow

NotesFromTheShadow

Oct 28, 2023
Do you ever find yourself browsing celebrity suicides and wondering: But why? Why would someone so amazing kill themselves when they seem to have everything in life? The success, the money, good people around them, the momentum to do amazing things, the support, the freedom to be wherever they want to be in the world, the chance to have an impact...

This makes me wonder - what is it about that shit then?
We tend to think: "Well if my life-situation was better, I wouldn't be suicidal." - Wouldn't you thought?

Interested in your thoughts on that.

Reactions: Ironborn, CatLvr, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
GoatHerder

GoatHerder

Life is the problem
Jul 11, 2024
They probably hated the world or life in general.

Reactions: Ironborn, ijustwishtodie and divinemistress36
C

CantDoIt

Experienced
Jul 18, 2024
I do wonder, but you never know what's going on in someone else's head. There's a lot of pressure for those types of people, for example.
I often wonder why people I admire do it - for example, Robin Williams. He was a great guy who was nothing but fun. However, he clearly had a lot of inner demons.

Reactions: Ironborn
Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Aug 11, 2024
Not really. Humans can be likened to incredibly complex machines that process things in wildly varying ways. I think people have a tendency to focus too much on the input, and assume that others process things the same way they do. Just because someone has circumstances that (you assume) would be conductive to your own happiness, doesn't mean that it makes them happy. Whether it's depression, other mental illness, a general distaste for the world, or something else entirely; in the end possessions and circumstances only have value if you have the ability and will to appreciate them.

• Love
Reactions: Edistrying, 3/4Dead, cryptoinvestor and 3 others
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Not really. Happiness cannot be achieved by external things. If you're not happy internally, then you're walking the suicide tightrope. Money, fame, exposure are all external influences.

• Love
Reactions: 3/4Dead, Ironborn, NotesFromTheShadow and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Mental illness dgaf how successful, rich, or pretty you are. Chester Bennington seemed to have it all rich , famous, kids , a wife yet he was always always deeply depressed and ctb
I do wonder, but you never know what's going on in someone else's head. There's a lot of pressure for those types of people, for example.
I often wonder why people I admire do it - for example, Robin Williams. He was a great guy who was nothing but fun. However, he clearly had a lot of inner demons.
He had dementia which lead him to ctb

• Informative
Reactions: GoatHerder, dagyu, finchywart and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No as in my case I find existing to be undesirable in general, under no circumstances would I wish to be trapped in this futile existence for decades just to be tormented by old age. For me personally I'd always prefer to not exist, I find it painful and burdensome to exist as a conscious being, existing to me is nothing but suffering.

Reactions: GoatHerder, finchywart, Ironborn and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
People doing amazingly well or, who have done amazingly well have a huge amount to lose. I suspect a lot of people who go are at a tipping point, or maybe on their way down.

Plus, if they've reached the pinnacle of where they hoped to get to- and they still feel unsatisfied- where else is there to aim?

I think it can also be really lonely. There are probably an awful lot of insincere people around them for the money and fame. Money really changes how people respond to you.

It's got to be such a weird life to not be able to go places without being recognised. I don't think they have the same freedom 'normal' people do. They're always 'on show'. If they're having a bad day and snap at someone, they could get cancelled tomorrow.

If they've grown used to money and success, it may not be so gratifying too.

Plus, something like depression, bipolar, PTSD doesn't give a shit how famous or successful you are. It may even feel more important to disguise all that.

It was discovered Robin Williams had Lewy Body Dementia after his suicide. It comes with some very distressing symtoms which must have been all the more distressing for not really knowing what was causing them and, how bad things would get. I imagine for such a brilliant mind to suddenly be struggling must be very distressing.

Some people in my family have suffered strokes which I imagine cause some similar symptoms- difficulties in remembering words and communicating. I think it's all the worse for someone who prior to it had a very sharp mind. They are all too aware of what they've lost and may never recover. It's so cruel the things that can happen to us.

Last edited:
Reactions: finchywart, divinemistress36, Ironborn and 2 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'd eventually kill myself even if I was successful and had everything in life as, in the end, old age is undesirable for me and I'd rather die young

Reactions: GoatHerder, finchywart and Imcantbreathe
NotesFromTheShadow

NotesFromTheShadow

Oct 28, 2023
No as in my case I find existing to be undesirable in general, under no circumstances would I wish to be trapped in this futile existence for decades just to be tormented by old age. For me personally I'd always prefer to not exist, I find it painful and burdensome to exist as a conscious being, existing to me is nothing but suffering.

Ok yeah I see how that can make sense. Have you always felt like this or has this come about at some point? (Of course, don't answer if you find that question too personal.) I get this also occasionally, but only when I'm extremely depressed to the point where there's literally nothing that can even bring the slightest bit of enjoyment or even feeling of anything whatsoever.

landslide2

landslide2

Experienced
May 6, 2024
long ago i did when i was younger, but not anymore. u read how many of us do our best to put on a face when we interact with the world and its norms. you never really know what is going with somebody internally. and you can never really know someone completely.

the grass is greener approach towards life in general, also doesn't work for depression either. it's that battle we have to fight as individuals and within our own contexts ultimately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironborn