Student
Sep 20, 2023
Do you?

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, LonelyKitten, Someday_Somehow32 and 4 others
DeadAtNight

DeadAtNight

Time to die
Aug 16, 2022
Yes, I do. I've always thought that I may stop one day and move on with other things. But no, it comes back. The depression and pessimism is far too strong now, and the only way I'll ever get out of this flawed mind of mine is to end it all.

Reactions: LittleBlackCat, TimetoGo!, Praestat_Mori and 5 others
dmdmdm

dmdmdm

Student
Sep 20, 2023
Yes, I do. I've always thought that I may stop one day and move on with other things. But no, it comes back. The depression and pessimism is far too strong now, and the only way I'll ever get out of this flawed mind of mine is to end it all.
Too real

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Absolutely yes.
A lifetime of untreatable mental illness has ruined my life.
I am too far gone now to even want to get better.
I'm alive on the outside, yet inside I have died.
I just need to kill this flesh-prison body now and terminate my existence.

Reactions: sserafim, Hollowman, Aim and 5 others
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Yes, realistically there is nothing thats going to stop me.

Reactions: LonelyKitten, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 3 others
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
Absolutely yes.
A lifetime of untreatable mental illness has ruined my life.
I am too far gone now to even want to get better.
I'm alive on the outside, yet inside I have died.
I just need to kill this flesh-prison body now and terminate my existence.
Well put. I feel exactly the same. After so many literally decades and so many ultimately futile attempts to get better I don't even want to anymore. I just want to cast off this rotting meat suit and not exist. I hope to be gone by the holidays. Not like I have any family or loved ones to spend them with.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
Yep. I feel like I was in too deep from the beginning, though. I feel like the last time I actually had a chance was when I was a really little kid, and even then I think things would probably have always ended up this way one way or another. If I had the chance to go back and do it all differently, I wouldn't even want to. I just want it to be over.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Praestat_Mori, Skathon and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The question is too vague, I'm not sure what "it" means in the title, I'm assuming it's about wanting to die judging by what other people have written. In my case no matter what I will always want to cease existing, I don't see any value in this meaningless and harmful existence, only the thought of falling asleep eternally comforts me and only wanting to die feels rational to me. Existence wasn't something desirable in the first place.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, dmdmdm and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Well put. I feel exactly the same. After so many literally decades and so many ultimately futile attempts to get better I don't even want to anymore. I just want to cast off this rotting meat suit and not exist. I hope to be gone by the holidays. Not like I have any family or loved ones to spend them with.
Me too my friend, sorry you are going through this too.
Several decades of mental illness beats the crap out of you until you have no fight left to give.
I'm too old for this shitshow world anymore anyway.
Im completely alone in this hellish existence and fully intend to be gone for Xmas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Mauve87 and dmdmdm
D

dustinspector

Oct 7, 2023
I'm currently there, I'm feeling less scared and more ready each day. Idk how I feel about it though

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleBlackCat, Praestat_Mori, february in alaska and 2 others
borderlinee

borderlinee

Oct 6, 2023
Yes, I don't think it matters anymore, even if I was living a pretty good normal life. Tho it's more for philosophical reasons, the damage has been done. I don't wanna risk anymore suffering in the future, I'm not sure when I'm gonna ctb, but I don't wanna experience all of the horrors of capitalism and climate change.

Reactions: KnownButForgettable, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Yes, I don't think it matters anymore, even if I was living a pretty good normal life. Tho it's more for philosophical reasons, the damage has been done. I don't wanna risk anymore suffering in the future, I'm not sure when I'm gonna ctb, but I don't wanna experience all of the horrors of capitalism and climate change.
Me too.
I have clinical depression and bipolar 1, yet my main reason for wanting to terminate my existence is due to a major existential crisis.
This world is a hellish freakshow.

• Hugs
Reactions: borderlinee, Praestat_Mori and HAL 9000
I

Immensevoid

Sep 10, 2023
Unfortunately yes, I thought this abyss into which my life fell had a bottom but for me it wasn't like that, I'm going further and further down and I'm drowning in this abyss of suffering and problems without being able to resurface.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Namensjemand, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I am too awake (mentally spiritually physically). There is no going back once you reach that state. You realize this experience is not worth all this pain. Can i stay here knowing all that, i think it's impossible. It would require me to be sleeping like a slave and that would need a miracle

Reactions: LittleBlackCat, tiredandconfused, loopdaloop and 4 others
H

Heart Failures

Oct 8, 2023
As a survivor, I can say to you I am very grateful for the amazing 40 years I was gifted.

I felt exactly like you, I promise...

And I have joined this site because I AM going to kill myself.

I have a degenerative, fatal disease, which I intend to escape before I am totally disabled.

I am grateful for the 40 amazing years I had after 21, when I almost killed myself. The 21 year old, suicidally depressed me could not have imagined this life. I am so glad I failed to kill myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lys_C15H25N3O_d3, HAL 9000, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
borderlinee

borderlinee

Oct 6, 2023
Me too.
I have clinical depression and bipolar 1, yet my main reason for wanting to terminate my existence is due to a major existential crisis.
This world is a hellish freakshow.
Yup, similar situation here, been diagnosed with bpd, adhd, sad, ocd and some other stuff. I don't see a reason for healing, the world is already hell and it's only gonna get so much worse. I've gotten too deep in philosophy, there's really no going back for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: tiredandconfused, Lys_C15H25N3O_d3, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Yup, similar situation here, been diagnosed with bpd, adhd, sad, ocd and some other stuff. I don't see a reason for healing, the world is already hell and it's only gonna get so much worse. I've gotten too deep in philosophy, there's really no going back for me.
Yes, it's beyond awful. I don't want to get better because only more and more suffering lies ahead.
It's all just pointless, meaningless suffering. There's absolutely nothing to look forward to , because it's just like you say, the world is descending into chaos.
I've been struggling for far too long now with mental illness that cannot be cured.
There's no fight left in me anymore. I just want to lay down and die.
So sorry you are going through this too.
I am too awake (mentally spiritually physically). There is no going back once you reach that state. You realize this experience is not worth all this pain. Can i stay here knowing all that, i think it's impossible. It would require me to be sleeping like a slave and that would need a miracle
Yes. The knowledge of seeing the truth behind this prison realm cannot be unseen. You can never be the same again.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: tiredandconfused, KnownButForgettable, borderlinee and 2 others
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
I get it. The existential pessimism in me is growing deeper each day and I feel that it's inevitably leading to my ctb. I don't intend to stop it.

Reactions: dmdmdm, borderlinee, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
D

Deleted member 65988

I get it. The existential pessimism in me is growing deeper each day and I feel that it's inevitably leading to my ctb. I don't intend to stop it.
Neither do I, I can't imagine any possible thing that I'd stop for.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Lys_C15H25N3O_d3 and SpiritualDeath
L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
Pragmatically there are still preparations I want to do beforehand but mentally I'm too deep into it, it's more like a marathon to ctb rather than a sprint but the choice has been made already at the start of the run and I'm not backing off (though I respect others who do choose to quit in the middle, it's up to the individual)

Reactions: Deleted member 65988, WAITING TO DIE and dmdmdm
Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
yes

"so whats keeping you?"
if i take the whole stuff = vomit = fail
cant follow some guides due to lack of opioids (sure they would fix everything id jump of a cliff smiling even.. in fact would easily do if not the "body" is having all kinds of weird reactions... just fainting at looking at .. how can one possibly achieve success if without fasting some thoughts make you dissy cold sweat , faint, vomit saliva , arghn

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and dmdmdm
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Yes, for me it's not my mental illness but a major existential crisis that is the driving force behind my needing to ctb.

Reactions: dmdmdm
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I worry more for what will happen to me if I don't do it. (CTB.) But no- I could try to 'recover' if I wanted to. I don't want to.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hollowman, Passersby, Lys_C15H25N3O_d3 and 2 others
D

Deleted member 65988

Pragmatically there are still preparations I want to do beforehand but mentally I'm too deep into it, it's more like a marathon to ctb rather than a sprint but the choice has been made already at the start of the run and I'm not backing off (though I respect others who do choose to quit in the middle, it's up to the individual)
This is 100% me. I'm not backing off either.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and loopdaloop
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Yes. I've been past the point of no return for a long time now. I have always questioned existence, felt weird and too aware anyway. Life is nothing but work to try to do maintenance and minimize the current suffering. We are all going to age and with that things will get worse. I can keep fighting and putting on bandaids, pretending and going along with life but I know deep down inside time is running out and it needs to be done.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Hollowman
A

alterationitfinds

Sep 21, 2023
yea, i've got something to prove now. the more i try and fail the more it eggs me on to try again. it's like i've got to prove to myself that all of this heartache and illness and pain was not in vein because i WILL succeed

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and tiredandconfused
kilowatt

kilowatt

Guns don't kill people I kill people
Sep 9, 2023
Even if I magically feel better about myself and my life something or someone, probably even myself, will find a way to ruin it and get back into the spiral. I choose to CTB because I'm so tired of this cycle, getting my hopes up that things are going well and it'll stay that way then everything falls apart and I question where did I go wrong and why do I deserve this. I must've done something really bad if the universe really takes it's revenge on me like this. I don't want to fight it anymore, I accept defeat. The way of life is such a burden to me. I've never been more motivated to do something about it and finally reach peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and WAITING TO DIE
Someday_Somehow32

Someday_Somehow32

Jul 20, 2022
I'm pretty far in now in, I would like to think there's a chance out but even I know that it would be unlikely.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
vampire2002

vampire2002

weeb & neet ♡
Oct 8, 2023
i wish there were a way out for me, but i don't really think there is. i could improve my situation a little, but i don't know if there's anything that could genuinely make me stop wanting to die.
it might just be part of how i think, given i grew up feeling this way. i've always sort of known that whenever i die, it will be my own doing.

Reactions: LonelyKitten, WAITING TO DIE and Passersby
LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
Tbh, I wish I could try again/further, just go back to my life.
But I impulsively burnt down all the things I loved and cared about.
Not just that, but I subsequently burnt down the vain cope and comfort I succumbed to, that made this all happen in the first place.

At this point, I can't go back to either.
So there is rationally no more way out.
All that is left is to play my life like one of those old escape games.

I can tell now that SI is far more powerful than I gave it credit for, even with the rational side of things. All I can do anymore, I guess, is keep trying, keep practicing, for this one final "mission".

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE