MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
What the questions says....

I used to because i had no energy and felt i was a walking dead person and was sapping energy from others....but I'm too suicidal to care anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Toobrokentofix, coldbesideuu, ViniTerrible and 3 others
Terranova

Terranova

She/Her
Oct 12, 2023
yes lmao and i feel like when if i talk about it i'm cringe, and there is a good number of people who talk about suicide or depression etc purely bcs its edgy so its hard to even tell when other ppl aren't just trying to be edgy and knowing others must find it difficult to tell weather or not I'm being just edgy, yk? also weird cuz sometimes it feels like u might invest urself a little too much on someone who's just being edgy idk if i explain myself

• Love
Reactions: Toobrokentofix, deadwinter, ViniTerrible and 3 others
dizzdesi

dizzdesi

Oct 13, 2023
Oh yeah for sure…to me, no one else's words on suicide is edgy and cringe but mine…it definitely gives off edgy loser energy 😂 You're definitely not alone op!!
Edit: I think the worst for me is the boredom and emptiness that comes w my disorder. So when I talk abt how jaded I am, or how I feel I can't connect to others, or everything and everyone seem so boring, I just think "my god, am I trying to be like not-the-other-girls?" lol

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: deadwinter and MiMif
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
No. Quite the opposite actually. I feel pathetic and cowardly for it. The only suicides that I have ever admired as being edgy or cool to any degree are celebs that chose to leave even though they seemingly had everything a person could want. Like the Kurt Cobains and Chester Benningtons.

Reactions: Meditation guide
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
What the questions says....

I used to because i had no energy and felt i was a walking dead person and was sapping energy from others....but I'm too suicidal to care anymore.
No. It's just a feeling after being miserable and having everything ripped away for me. Just how I feel. It ain't for anyone but myself. I certainly wouldn't be saying it to be edgy.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes. I think it feeds into my creative persona. A friend once said I was a 'real' artist with a 'real' artistic temperament because I wanted to kill myself. Lol.

Smelly_ballz

Smelly_ballz

No hope in heaven, No fear of hell
Oct 30, 2023
YES. It is one of the reasons I can't talk about it. I feel like I am just trying to be cool or different even tho I am suffering. It is hard to make art bc I am afraid of being 'edgy'.

Wistful

Wistful

Nov 15, 2023
Most times, yeah.
I often feel ashamed about it.

h78272

h78272

Oct 3, 2023
I find it very "cringy" on my part to vent about my feelings or talk about suicide idealization always comes off as edgy just to be edgy or just an attention grab.

deadwinter

deadwinter

i want to see angels
Apr 7, 2023
yes, i feel like depression and suicide are so romanticized online. self-harm too, i hide my scars because i'm afraid i'll be perceived as "edgy" or "attention-seeker." it's so normalized to joke about suicide/self-harm, it makes me sick

ToTheEgress

ToTheEgress

DANCE WILD AND SCREAM
Nov 10, 2023
Yeah, definitively. I've recently gotten into emo music because of it, I previously only liked psychedelic pop and other more upbeat stuff.

LonelyStarrySky

LonelyStarrySky

they/them, menhera
Oct 27, 2023
it does feel 'edgy' to express mental health problems anywhere in life especially on the internet, when I was still in high school and when I actually used to cut, people used to come to me and jokingly perform the mock act of "oh look I am so sad I cut myself, haha, so edgy and emo" and have been repeatedly been called emo despite me finding the whole emo subculture not my thing and kind of cringe tbh, and I actually used to struggle with mental health a lot, once I graduated I immediately cut off all of those toxic people who never took me or my mental health seriously. Like I sometimes put 'edgy' quotes from songs in my bio because I really feel them, for myself, not for anyone else or attention seeking, I kind of wish to have less attention because I just get demonized and made fun of which makes me want to SH even more because that bullying is of course contributing to my negative emotions.