R.E.N.

R.E.N.

Rerolling to be an Ayy
Jun 26, 2023
Do you wish you could trade lives with them? Or do you envy a idealistic hypothetical version of a life you could live?

Reactions: The anhedonic one, cgrtt.brns, Remeer and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I actually never wanted to be someone else swapping life with someone else.

Reactions: The anhedonic one
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I sometimes wished I had the confidence, talent and opportunities of other people- yes. Not so much now though. I'm starting to feel like death feels more appealing than any type of life.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988, The anhedonic one and Lamentice
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i only envy couples that are in love, i envy them. But such a thing is not meant to last, i would not swap my life for anyone elses

RedHates

RedHates

Purple is a neut.
Jun 21, 2023
I have wished to live a different life since 2015. For a while, I thought that literally any life is better than my own. Now, I realize that some people do have it worse than me but I still wish I had a different life. I have plans to change a lot if i can.

• Hugs
jazzcat

jazzcat

dark eyed and miserable
May 19, 2023
I do envy some people and I wish I could trade lives with some of them yeah, if they're more beautiful, more talented, less depressed I want to be them, I think about it every time I see a better looking woman when I'm out in public

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I personally just envy those who no longer exist. In my case I could never wish to exist here under any circumstances, the thing that I have a problem with is existence itself, I only wish for nothingness. Existing is undesirable to me, I find it so dreadful how this harmful world is filled with endless potential for suffering so nobody who exists here could ever be fortunate to me, the thought of decaying from age repulses me.

iLikeFrogs

iLikeFrogs

Most likely dissociating
May 5, 2023
Yes. When I see all those people who don't suffer and are just happy and in good health, I just can't stop envying what they have.

• Hugs
J

Jolene79

Experienced
Jun 16, 2023
As a woman in her 40s I feel now that the only thing that matters is good health. I wouldn't swap my life but I'd swap the good health of others and would take such good care of it

R.E.N.

R.E.N.

Rerolling to be an Ayy
Jun 26, 2023
I actually never wanted to be someone else swapping life with someone else.
Understandable. Free of "Grass is greener on the other side".
I sometimes wished I had the confidence, talent and opportunities of other people- yes. Not so much now though. I'm starting to feel like death feels more appealing than any type of life.
That reads more like a kind of bitter admiration because those things can be acquired. Any type of life though?
i only envy couples that are in love, i envy them. But such a thing is not meant to last, i would not swap my life for anyone elses
Makes sense. You want intimacy to your personal self.
I have wished to live a different life since 2015. For a while, I thought that literally any life is better than my own. Now, I realize that some people do have it worse than me but I still wish I had a different life. I have plans to change a lot if i can.
Ideating about it is easy escapism. It can always be worse, but it is commendable you are being more pragmatic about your situation.
I do envy some people and I wish I could trade lives with some of them yeah, if they're more beautiful, more talented, less depressed I want to be them, I think about it every time I see a better looking woman when I'm out in public
Do you want to talk about some of the ones you envied? Do you believe if you were in their shoes, you would be happier?
I personally just envy those who no longer exist. In my case I could never wish to exist here under any circumstances, the thing that I have a problem with is existence itself, I only wish for nothingness. Existing is undesirable to me, I find it so dreadful how this harmful world is filled with endless potential for suffering so nobody who exists here could ever be fortunate to me, the thought of decaying from age repulses me.
I have read quite a lot of your posts and it seems you value nonexistence and do feel sufficient suffering to want to ctb. Why haven't you done so already? Circumstances?
Yes. When I see all those people who don't suffer and are just happy and in good health, I just can't stop envying what they have.
What would you need to have to make you happy?
As a woman in her 40s I feel now that the only thing that matters is good health. I wouldn't swap my life but I'd swap the good health of others and would take such good care of it
It's really astounding the difference between the effort to take care of one's health between young and older. Physical discomfort can bleed into general unhappiness I feel

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Attractive cis women.

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have read quite a lot of your posts and it seems you value nonexistence and do feel sufficient suffering to want to ctb. Why haven't you done so already? Circumstances?
Because suicide isn't exactly straightforward in this world, we do exist in a society that makes suicide as difficult as possible after all.

• Love
Reactions: iLikeFrogs and The anhedonic one
Remeer

Remeer

Mar 8, 2023
of course yes, but not life itself, only aspects that I would like to replicate
and no, I would not be interested in exchanging my life with another, I liked myself
greetings, be well

Reactions: The anhedonic one and Homo erectus
Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
Every damn day. As a kid I used to watch a bunch of those "body swap" movie. Sometimes I even deluded myself into thinking that maybe, if I wished hard enough, I would wake up and suddenly have someone else's life. My thinking these days is much less magical but I still really do wish I were born under different circumstances.

• Love
Reactions: The anhedonic one and cgrtt.brns
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
That reads more like a kind of bitter admiration because those things can be acquired. Any type of life though?

Some of those things can't be acquired- talent is innate I believe. You either have the aptitude for something or you don't. You can improve your skills certainly- but only so far I believe- some people could try their whole lives and never be as good as Michelangelo/ Einstein/ Stephen Hawking. You may not NEED to be that good but it helps- obviously. As for confidence- yes- that's something a person can work on. Perhaps it's something everyone has to work on. I don't know. I feel like plenty of people who have had problems in childhood lack confidence though- so- need to work a lot harder to get it back. I envy people who don't have to deal with that I suppose. As for opportunities- to a great extent, I think you DO have to make your own opportunities in life. Still- luck plays a part- including WHO you know. That makes a massive difference in my industry. Of course I'm somewhat envious of people who have family connections that get them a job. But yeah- I've always been quite a bitter person- not a good trait I realise.

As for some imaginary ideal life though- I suppose I don't really see the point in fantasizing about being someone else. I wouldn't be me then- for a start. If I was a version of me that was recognizable enough still to myself- I'd carry all my same defects and insecurities with me! I reckon I could just about mess up any life I was given! Lol. Nah- I'm much happier with the thought of everything coming to an end now and not being given another life to struggle through.

How about you though? Do you daydream of an ideal life? Is it based on your own life except better or, is it entirely different?

R.E.N.

R.E.N.

Rerolling to be an Ayy
Jun 26, 2023
Attractive cis women.
Quite telling how you had to specify "attractive". What kind of girl do you wish you were besides that aspect?
Because suicide isn't exactly straightforward in this world, we do exist in a society that makes suicide as difficult as possible after all.
It is true society makes considerable attempts to stifle suicides, but the human body is fragile enough with good planning. It feels like some attachment or fear is stopping you rather than incapability.
of course yes, but not life itself, only aspects that I would like to replicate
and no, I would not be interested in exchanging my life with another, I liked myself
greetings, be well
Understandable. We all still have egos.
Every damn day. As a kid I used to watch a bunch of those "body swap" movie. Sometimes I even deluded myself into thinking that maybe, if I wished hard enough, I would wake up and suddenly have someone else's life. My thinking these days is much less magical but I still really do wish I were born under different circumstances.
I imagine you enjoy a lot of media like isekai and ones to self-insert in. What are your favorites to dream about?
Some of those things can't be acquired- talent is innate I believe. You either have the aptitude for something or you don't. You can improve your skills certainly- but only so far I believe- some people could try their whole lives and never be as good as Michelangelo/ Einstein/ Stephen Hawking. You may not NEED to be that good but it helps- obviously. As for confidence- yes- that's something a person can work on. Perhaps it's something everyone has to work on. I don't know. I feel like plenty of people who have had problems in childhood lack confidence though- so- need to work a lot harder to get it back. I envy people who don't have to deal with that I suppose. As for opportunities- to a great extent, I think you DO have to make your own opportunities in life. Still- luck plays a part- including WHO you know. That makes a massive difference in my industry. Of course I'm somewhat envious of people who have family connections that get them a job. But yeah- I've always been quite a bitter person- not a good trait I realise.
Luck is impactful, yes. To say that your skill developed is meaningless because some prodigy exists is however a cope for not trying. It's understandable if you don't necessarily have an interest and thus cannot get happy from developing it. Anhedonia exists. You did mention that you acknowledge that you don't need to be that good, so I guess you kind of know this. The unfortunate fact is that some things come easier to some compared to others, however, contentment can be independent of comparison.
As for some imaginary ideal life though- I suppose I don't really see the point in fantasizing about being someone else. I wouldn't be me then- for a start. If I was a version of me that was recognizable enough still to myself- I'd carry all my same defects and insecurities with me! I reckon I could just about mess up any life I was given! Lol. Nah- I'm much happier with the thought of everything coming to an end now and not being given another life to struggle through.
That makes sense. Becoming someone else would be the death of you anyways.
How about you though? Do you daydream of an ideal life? Is it based on your own life except better or, is it entirely different?
I was surprised to see it in another thread, but I always daydream of being an ayy. People have more specific conclusions to what someone themself, but I always thought it just comes down to continuous experience/consciousness. Hence, the only relation of that ayy to me really is just reincarnation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Remeer
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
for as long as i can remember. i dont think a day has gone by in my entire life i havent wished i was someone else. whether it be a specific person i saw that day or just wishing for anything other than what i already am. i constantly envy my friends bc of either their job or living situation or partner or all three, any outgoing or attractive stranger i see in public, kids with loving parents etc. i think its mostly bc i just hate myself so much id rather be anyone else but me.

• Hugs
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Quite telling how you had to specify "attractive". What kind of girl do you wish you were besides that aspect?

It is true society makes considerable attempts to stifle suicides, but the human body is fragile enough with good planning. It feels like some attachment or fear is stopping you rather than incapability.

Understandable. We all still have egos.

I imagine you enjoy a lot of media like isekai and ones to self-insert in. What are your favorites to dream about?

Luck is impactful, yes. To say that your skill developed is meaningless because some prodigy exists is however a cope for not trying. It's understandable if you don't necessarily have an interest and thus cannot get happy from developing it. Anhedonia exists. You did mention that you acknowledge that you don't need to be that good, so I guess you kind of know this. The unfortunate fact is that some things come easier to some compared to others, however, contentment can be independent of comparison.

That makes sense. Becoming someone else would be the death of you anyways.

I was surprised to see it in another thread, but I always daydream of being an ayy. People have more specific conclusions to what someone themself, but I always thought it just comes down to continuous experience/consciousness. Hence, the only relation of that ayy to me really is just reincarnation.
Honestly, id like to even be average or below average looking, tbh. Anything instead of AMAB.

• Hugs
Lamentice

Lamentice

Sayonara
Mar 27, 2023
I don't want to be anyone else, but I do envy those who can connect/bond to other people easily, or at all.

• Hugs
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I used to, but not anymore. Life is pointless and meaningless and everything eventually ends in suffering .

Reactions: Lamentice