T

timetosleep

Feb 19, 2019
This is a CTB forum, I know. I am wondering if anyone still have the inner fire to enjoy life, or at least part of it. When I look at myself in the mirror these days, my eyes are tired and jaded. I am dead inside. There is no sparks of life in it at all in my eyes. Does anyone still have the drive for adventure or to enjoy what life has to offer?

• Hugs
Reactions: asterisk3, Lammpz, Huntfish34 and 7 others
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Unfortunately, i don't enjoy almost anything, depression dragged me to emptiness.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, Huntfish34, disillusion and 1 other person
Wilting Daisy

Wilting Daisy

Loves Me, Loves Me Not
Aug 15, 2022
I'd like to leave this world a little better than how I found it.
The "inner fire" for me is fulfilling that desire.
If I am ever lost and searching for how I can do that when a low hits, then deep down it's as though even my bones say "Not now."
A little personal, but I made a promise to myself...
Until I fulfill that promise I am not allowed to die by my own hands.
Is it fair game afterwords?
Who knows.
But I am hoping I will see things differently by then.

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante and Huntfish34
bubo

bubo

Jul 14, 2022
When i was younger there was nothing that made me happy at all. But ever since i turned 20 i realized there are only 2 things left for me to enjoy in this world: sweets and old Japanese literature. That's it so far

• Hugs
Reactions: Lammpz, Dead Horse, Rocinante and 2 others
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I enjoyed my hobbies up until May of 2021, now it doesn't even give me pleasure, so basically no...

• Hugs
Reactions: Lammpz, Rocinante and Huntfish34
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I feel like if someone has the 'drive for adventure' then they probably wouldn't spend time on this forum, they would be enjoying life instead. To answer the question, I really don't. I don't understand how anyone can enjoy life. I see life as being so awful and pointless.

Reactions: Lammpz, Rocinante, Huntfish34 and 2 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Food, books, and videogames. It's all escapism.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Source Energy, Lammpz, Ifonlyitwassosimple and 5 others
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
Yes. I like drugs, nature, a bit of thrill, music

But it's hard for me to sustain myself so I can enjoy those activities. My mind and body do not allow me to experience

I have to be healthy to do the things I enjoy

• Hugs
Reactions: Euthanza, Huntfish34, Zegers and 1 other person
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Not really, I cannot think of anything in my day that I enjoy. Just the constant pain of another full day. Shortly I will have to face students and colleagues and that scares me. There is one thing I like, watching animal. During my afternoon walk I go in front of a farm and I can watch bunnies and ducks. That is very nice. Unfortunately they are far and I cannot touch them. I would like that very much.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lammpz, Huntfish34 and disillusion
K

Klophy

Lost...
Jun 28, 2022
The only thing I enjoy in life is escaping it through (day)dreams.

• Hugs
Reactions: Euthanza, asterisk3, Lammpz and 4 others
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
That is so true :smiling: I spend a lot of time building alternate versions of moments in my life. Imagining how it would have been if I took a different path. Or I build imaginary stories for the future, stories where I have friends and I have again the job I liked so much.

• Hugs
Reactions: Source Energy, Lammpz, lukas19 and 1 other person
milly

milly

uncertain of things
Nov 28, 2021
This is a CTB forum, I know. I am wondering if anyone still have the inner fire to enjoy life, or at least part of it. When I look at myself in the mirror these days, my eyes are tired and jaded. I am dead inside. There is no sparks of life in it at all in my eyes. Does anyone still have the drive for adventure or to enjoy what life has to offer?

Watch at 0:52... when she says, "Turn the light off in your eyes"

I just movies sometimes. Rebinging on old stuff.. Chicago PD

But not exciting enough to abandon SS or say am happy

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
J

justtoojaded

Aug 23, 2022
I have about 1-2 weeks every month where I'm activitely suicidal and 2-3 weeks every month where I'm passively suicidal. When I'm passively suicidal, I can enjoy life but still work on planning out my suicide.

When I'm passively suicidal, I enjoy spending time with friends, pole dance classes, ecstatic dance, and spontaneous weekend activities like camping and Renaissance Faires.

What do you day dream about?

• Hugs
Reactions: Source Energy and Huntfish34
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I am just going through the motions, trying to accept the absurdity of my situation.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and disillusion
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
When i was younger there was nothing that made me happy at all. But ever since i turned 20 i realized there are only 2 things left for me to enjoy in this world: sweets and old Japanese literature. That's it so far
for me too, it is food and books. For a few minutes/hours, I delude myself...then back in the pit

• Hugs
Reactions: bubo and Huntfish34
disillusion

disillusion

Entp
Nov 6, 2020
I feel less alone in this site. So somewhat enjoying this site. And cuddling my kid.
Not doing anything ( impossible when you have kid)

In the past:
Used to love meeting people, eating out, talking, reading, gaming, shopping,' cooking, laughing,news, discussing, makeup, skincare, nature, beach, hiking, swimming, traveling etc etc.
all these things dont matter to me and idc about any of those now.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Source Energy, Rocinante and Huntfish34
Comfydant

Comfydant

Jan 24, 2023
i have small bouts of happiness on those rare occasions when i get to leave my house and do something fun for once (like when my mom took me to see hamilton in may, to harvest festival in october, or when i went to build-a-bear a couple weeks ago), but i always revert back to feeling like shit the next day. i can relate to the daydreaming thing, though. and i guess i like to sing.

• Hugs
Reactions: NumbItAll, Rocinante, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
Flameboyant

Flameboyant

Jan 23, 2023
I enjoy parts of my life, like drawing and watching game streams, but even so I can't wait for the day I leave.

• Hugs
Reactions: Source Energy, Rocinante, disillusion and 1 other person
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
If i could, i would live being a gamer. Just that. But being honest, a youtube/twitch channel requires more effort that i can afford... And let's not talk about the marketing. I don't know were i could start nor if i have the talent. Plus that: the games i like aren't the mainstream

So the hughest thing i like means nothing :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, disillusion and Huntfish34
T

timetosleep

Feb 19, 2019
I find that it's harder and harder to enjoy life these days, espcially given how drained I feel after a long day of work. All I want to do is sleep. I simply don't have the energy to do the things I used to enjoy anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: disillusion, Rocinante and Huntfish34
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Yep, " parts " being the key word. I can certainly enjoy those small parts ( Family, friends, hunting, fishing, snake wrangling, storm chasing...) But sadly those small parts are largely overshadowed by a dark and dismal abyss of utter toxic Bullshit.

I'm lost, I just don't fckn care anymore. Sick and tired of being sick and tired. Fml. -

• Aww..
Reactions: Rocinante and WorthlessTrash
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
Not really I don't enjoy much of anything maybe games but it's something for me to pass the time with. I don't think I'm enjoying it.

• Hugs
Reactions: disillusion, WorthlessTrash, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Outside of talking to a few people I have nothing to look forward too. Life is uneventful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venus13 and Huntfish34
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I enjoy caffeine, cigarettes, and expressing pain through creative outlets.
That being said, life still consists of too much torture and despair for it to ever feel like it's worth it.

Also, I go through probably half of each year or at least several months of it where I'm not able to do anything except lay down and browse the internet as my cognitive functioning goes out the window during the worst of my depression. Luckily the most recent phase of completely catatonic depression has faded a bit but I know it's going to come back and I already am not feeling like I can deal with this whole life thing.

• Hugs
Reactions: katagiri83 and western_heart
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Also, I go through probably half of each year or at least several months of it where I'm not able to do anything except lay down and browse the internet as my cognitive functioning goes out the window during the worst of my depression. Luckily the most recent phase of completely catatonic depression has faded a bit but I know it's going to come back and I already am not feeling like I can deal with this whole life thing.
I can relate to this.

Rainy_days

Rainy_days

Experienced
Dec 21, 2022
Yes. When I was walking today I looked up, and high above the trees there were two butterflies soaring like distant birds. It was very peaceful and beautiful.

• Love
Reactions: western_heart
bluville

bluville

Nov 30, 2022
Video games, but I'm not sure If I enjoy them anymore they're more of a distraction now

Reactions: Source Energy and disillusion
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Not really, but I'm trying hard to recover.

• Love
Reactions: katagiri83
H

HopelessSoul

trapped in an endless hell loop
Jan 23, 2023
Some days i might be able to, like listening to music or watching movies, but just for like an hour or two, its a strange feeling that comes and goes fast, so i try to do something
that i like when it is there.

Reactions: Lammpz
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
I feel better and temporarily forget my problems when I immerse myself in a novel or a tv series. Exercising at the gym feels pretty good too. basically, distracting myself serves as a band aid

Reactions: Lammpz