• I eat them but not much

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • I don't eat my veggies

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
K

Kain10th

May 7, 2020
I don't eat many veggies in my life. am i alone in that?

• Hugs
Reactions: ocd is bad, Deleted member 17331 and KleinerWolf
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I've eaten so little that I have developed b12 deficiency among others and now I have all sorts of neurological issues and pain. I wish I could go back at least 5 years and change my diet completely then I wouldn't be in as much pain as I am now.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Matthias_k, Fragile and 3 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I try to eat broccoli, baby carrots and some other shit whenever I'm cooking my steak or whatever at home.
I'm not even close to being vegetarian even though I'm aware of the ethical side of things, being a hypocrite that I am,.

I still care about nutritional values.
I suspect it's impossible to get all your nutrients if you were to solely have a protein-focused diet.

Get your vitamins and other stuff lol
Veggies and fruits are good for ya!
Its important :)
At least it's what they say.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fragile, Matthias_k, Soul and 1 other person
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
You would think as a vegetarian I would get all the veggies I need. Well I'm not a healthy vegetarian - still eat crap food! As for vitamins, I've been told to take vitamin D, and they make it sound like it will change my life. Tested for vitamin B since I am a lacto ovo, but it was fine. I should make further changes because of my gastroparesis. Just finished some peanut butter cookie dough ice cream with chocolate on top, and I feel mega bloated. It tasted good, though!

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf, Fragile and Deleted member 17331
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
I love Spinach, Bok Choy, and bean sprouts so much. It's delicious. I cook it Chinese style (with oyster sauce, a bit of salt and garlic) and eat it with rice. yummy :kiss:

• Love
Reactions: Soul, Abgrundanziehung and KleinerWolf
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I'm a vegetarian, so I don't have much problem eating vegies. but I'm also very lazy and cooking is tedious, so I stick to comfort foods that are often unhealthy.

Do weed and cigarettes count as vegies?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: FriendofDeath, Matthias_k, Soul and 2 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I love veg, esp the smell of steamed veg, steak and veg is my go to meal.

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf
agentgeez

agentgeez

Student
Jun 30, 2020
I definitely don't eat enough, but I eat more than enough fruit, even though it would be healthier if it were the other way around. In my mind I know there's no reason for me to not switch to a vegan diet other than the effort it will take, and since that's pretty much all that's stopping me I can't reasonably call myself moral, hah. But honestly what's important to me is having a healthier diet all around; I was raised with mostly processed food and whenever I've tried to learn how to cook or get some healthy, 'whole' ingredients I immediately get overwhelmed by not knowing what's truly healthy, the prices, the vast selection, my own distaste for most things, etc. So who knows when I'm finally going to make the leap.

so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
I'm not a fan of salads in general, too much effort for such little flavor, but stir fry is always good. broccoli and potatoes go well together. made a zucchini and yellow squash thing to go with some chicken I baked, that was pretty yummy.

• Love
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung and KleinerWolf
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, I do eat my veggies just to remain physically healthy and all. I find them to be ok for the most part.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I am a good boy who eats his vegetables ngl. Diet has always been fine.

• Love
Reactions: Woodnote, KleinerWolf and puppy9
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
When im taking care if myself yes. Most of the other times no.

• Hugs
Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
It's been my goal recently to make sure at least half of what I eat is vegetables, in order to improve my health. It's made a big difference. I make one or two green smoothies a day on top of the usual cooked veggies. I love broccoli topped with homemade tahini! I also just discovered those Harvest Snaps green pea snacks and I like them as much or better than chips. They sell huge bags at Costco and I'm going to stock up before the sale ends.

M

Matthias_k

Apr 18, 2020
No. I almost never eat veggies and I am physically fine, never ill. I don't like veggies and I think that we don't need to eat so much of it. I eat lots of fruits though. No meat, no milk, no veggies for me.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
No. I almost never eat veggies and I am physically fine, never ill. I don't like veggies and I think that we don't need to eat so much of it. I eat lots of fruits though. No meat, no milk, no veggies for me.
Do you only eat fruits?

Reactions: Matthias_k
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
No I am not a fruitarian :muah: I eat fish and eggs, cereals, fruits, nuts etc. Just no meat, no milk, and almost no veggies.
I like your diet.
I might give it a go.
It's interesting.
Also appears to be sufficient.
I plan on cutting out protein slowly and I don't like milk that much anyway lol.

However I was slightly disappointed to hear you are not fruitarian. Lol
Was totally gonna follow your path.

• Hugs
Reactions: Matthias_k
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I spent thirty years as an alcoholic, more or less. That goes hand in hand with a bad diet and it has destroyed my metabolism and caused damage too, my health is pretty poor.
I now eat lots of veggies, I have well over the recommended minimum a day plus some fruit too. I'm not a big fan of diets, but I'm aware that cultural evolution has outpaced biological evolution due to our ability to manipulate our environment.
In short, the agricultural revolution of the Neolithic has much to answer for. We now seem to have a predominantly grain based diet and I don't believe it's healthy. It looks to me like a paleolithic diet would be more in line with what our biology needs.
That's what I'd like to try and move towards if I get the chance. Basically to eat only things with no ingredient list, so nothing from a packet or that has been prepared too much.
Not easy though, I'm as addicted to junk food as the next person. And I'm shit at cooking. I just cut stuff up and stick it in pot and heat it until it's edible.
NB: I wonder if wine counts as a single ingredient?

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I've eaten so little that I have developed b12 deficiency among others and now I have all sorts of neurological issues and pain. I wish I could go back at least 5 years and change my diet completely then I wouldn't be in as much pain as I am now.
What was your diet like which led to these problems?

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I spent thirty years as an alcoholic, more or less. That goes hand in hand with a bad diet and it has destroyed my metabolism and caused damage too, my health is pretty poor.
I now eat lots of veggies, I have well over the recommended minimum a day plus some fruit too. I'm not a big fan of diets, but I'm aware that cultural evolution has outpaced biological evolution due to our ability to manipulate our environment.
In short, the agricultural revolution of the Neolithic has much to answer for. We now seem to have a predominantly grain based diet and I don't believe it's healthy. It looks to me like a paleolithic diet would be more in line with what our biology needs.
That's what I'd like to try and move towards if I get the chance. Basically to eat only things with no ingredient list, so nothing from a packet or that has been prepared too much.
Not easy though, I'm as addicted to junk food as the next person. And I'm shit at cooking. I just cut stuff up and stick it in pot and heat it until it's edible.
NB: I wonder if wine counts as a single ingredient?
Exception probably esp if it's a good one/wine lol

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
You do realise I'm taking that as permission, don't you? :blarg:
Le vin rouge, "Z-uper" !
ShortWeepyIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricted.gif

Mostly eat take out and McDonald's and drank a lot of coke. Hardly any water..
Been there done that.

Last edited:
Reactions: mediocre
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
Will eat them but nothing I'm crazy about.

so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
I can't eat gluten or lactose without intense suffering, the gluten has even caused hallucinations before and they're always bad. it makes eating healthy easier and everything is cooked from scratch so I can guarantee it's safe. so for me literal pain is my motivation to eat healthy.

• Hugs
Reactions: FriendofDeath and KleinerWolf
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
I'm a vegetarian, so I don't have much problem eating vegies. but I'm also very lazy and cooking is tedious, so I stick to comfort foods that are often unhealthy.

....DITTO!

Do weed and cigarettes count as vegies?

• Love
Reactions: Fragile