CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I've always thought of dreams/dreaming to be a nice form of escapism. I find myself indulging in it more often recently, it feels nice in the moment. However, it's also a double edged sword. I always find myself extremely disappointed whenever I wake up or snap back to reality. It's a very sobering feeling and I hate it, especially when I wake up from sleeping. I guess this is more of a rant but I also want it to be a question. Do you dream often? If so, do you share any of the same feelings of disappointment?

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, TheGoodGuy, DeadlineDialer and 4 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I've always thought of dreams/dreaming to be a nice form of escapism. I find myself indulging in it more often recently, it feels nice in the moment. However, it's also a double edged sword. I always find myself extremely disappointed whenever I wake up or snap back to reality. It's a very sobering feeling and I hate it, especially when I wake up from sleeping. I guess this is more of a rant but I also want it to be a question. Do you dream often? If so, do you share any of the same feelings of disappointment?
Do you maladaptive daydream as well? And yes I dream every night and honestly I'm disappointed when I have to wake up and go back to this current reality. My dreams are so much more interesting and exciting. I hate my actual life, I wish I could live in my dreams instead. Btw, do you lucid dream?

Reactions: Skathon, DeadlineDialer and d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
rabbitmalice56

rabbitmalice56

I ain't tryin' to live, pray I die
Sep 14, 2023
No I dream rarely, I started to to write any dream I had but then I stopped because of how of a bigger dissapointment I feel everytime I look at what happened in my dream.

deafening

deafening

louder than words
Sep 21, 2023
My understanding has been that we have dreams every night, but rarely remembering them unless they were significant.

As far as day dreaming goes.. that's me 24/7. I was always on the wrong page of the textbook, just zoning out.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I rarely have dreams at night. Its either I really don't dream at all or I sleep so deep that I don't remember whether I had dreams or not.

bpdbunnygirl

bpdbunnygirl

Sep 19, 2023
I almost always have dreams. I used to have ptsd nightmares every night but now that I'm medicated, they're wild as f**k that sometimes I wake myself up from laughing.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I don't dream anymore, or, rarely. But I do remember last night and a few nights ago, I dreamt of myself drinking SN. I don't personally remember what happened on the day I attempted with SN but I can only assume it was somewhat like how I dreamed.

Reactions: DeadlineDialer
DeadlineDialer

DeadlineDialer

Traversing the grid of death
Sep 20, 2023
I used to dream a lot, and I journaled them too, still have it laying around. When you write them down it makes them even more vivid, allowing you to pick up more details and remember them once you wake up. Also makes lucid dreaming easier to do, and to me lucid dreaming is the best way to end a day and start a morning, one of the most fun experiences I've had. I haven't had really any dreams recently, I think the stress of my situation is getting to me and I overall stopped caring about writing them down, so I can't recall any as of late. It's sad, I sort of miss them but sleeping lately has been arduous in itself, so it's whatever.

I love dreams, I feel like they're a peek into your true self, not clouded by the over-analyzation and hindsight that plagues waking thoughts. It can put you into an interesting situation you wouldn't normally think about and you can see what you would realistically do without time to react. Your brain can jump to the craziest conclusions and you just roll with it, it's like an improv show with yourself.

If anyone has any dreams they remember I'm down to listen, I love dream stories.

• Love
Reactions: MightyPlaza
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
Do you maladaptive daydream as well? And yes I dream every night and honestly I'm disappointed when I have to wake up and go back to this current reality. My dreams are so much more interesting and exciting. I hate my actual life, I wish I could live in my dreams instead. Btw, do you lucid dream?
Yes, I maladaptive daydream fairly often. Honestly, I probably do it far more often than I should but it feels nice to be able to disconnect in some way for a little bit. I don't believe I've ever lucid dreamed before, I've always been interested in it though.

Reactions: sserafim
Daxter777

Daxter777

May 22, 2023
I don't dream anymore, or, rarely. But I do remember last night and a few nights ago, I dreamt of myself drinking SN. I don't personally remember what happened on the day I attempted with SN but I can only assume it was somewhat like how I dreamed.
When I was in a very depressive episode I also dreamed of drinking SN. then the dream just got weird and jumbled up with random dream scenes

• Hugs
Reactions: アホペンギン
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yes, I do dream a lot. The last one was about Royal espionage lol. It was so strange.

• Wow
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I have been dreaming a lot lately for 5 days straight with lucid dreams I think that´s a record for me and yes I was very disappointed especially last night when I dreamt I had some things to ctb and it felt so real and then I wake up and was so disappointed but I do love dreaming even if it´s a bad dream I just like to experience anything different than my boring life I mostly spend in my apartment and in the dreams I don´t suffer from my physical problems and no anxiety so I live way more inside my dreams where in real life I just exist.

I would also love to try to learn lucid dreaming for people like me it would be such a good cope to be able to at least have a life within my dreams it would almost be a reversed life where I spend 1/3 of the day sleeping and dreaming and actually live life and then just exist when awake because then my reality would be my dreams and not "real" life when awake because who really decide what is real? If it feels real and I can even feel and see the things happening then isn´t it in a way real? Or do we have to use a specific number of senses before it is considered real? Anyway I think I also am ranting a little I really don´t consider my dreams real but if they become even more lucid they almost could be called real.

• Hugs
MightyPlaza

MightyPlaza

tired.
Aug 12, 2023
Rarely dream now, but when do it's most often disturbing and upsetting. When those horrible dreams started dominating, it actually disrupted my mood and life quite a bit. Now it's a miracle when it's just another out-of-touch with reality nightmare, like with the apartment building I live in crushing down (with me being on 16th floor), elevators falling or typical monster/chase/murder stuff. It's the worst when it's just the most vile things that actually happened or can do so. There were a few dreams I actually wrote horror drafts on too. :ahhha:

vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
I always had an active dream life. Since going on antidepressants it has become genuinely crazy. The level of detail is through the roof to the point I sometimes mistake memories of them for real events. Sometimes I even get a dream continue for a few nights.