B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
That person has more than me...those people have xyz....I do not have xyz...it's impossible to get xyz now or it'll be uncertain and take an extremely long time and I'm quickly deteriorating.. etc etc

• Hugs
Reactions: bluedreamscape, FuneralCry, nightnightnitrite and 6 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Of course. We're all stupid. We should compare ourselves to those who have it worse than us, but we're all stupid

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment and TicoDK
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
My way of thinking is that, beyond the basics, the things you have are a burden, so the more you have the more burdened you are. They're like a 'to do' list in a different form.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluedreamscape, demuic and avoid_slow_death
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

I wish no one had to CTB..........
Aug 14, 2020
Constantly. But not in some envious kinda way. I know that it's my fault I haven't accomplished anything. I know I'm not smart, I'm not beautiful, I'm not determined, no goals or hobbies even. I don't blame anyone. I just know I'm not good enough, so to speak.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kassender, orlandom, FuneralCry and 6 others
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Why? I'm beneath everyone anyways and I know my place.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sourly, Some1's_Wasted_Fetus, FuneralCry and 6 others
I

IHaveNoName

Jan 28, 2021
I do a lot but I'm shit at everything.

• Hugs
Reactions: death137 and A_miStake_of_NATURE
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
I do, I think we all do; however, the extent to which you compare yourself to others and the reasons why differ among us.

I no longer compare myself to others in order to gauge my relative 'successfulness' or social status in the hierarchy of society. I used to do this constantly but I simply no longer care.

I fundamentally reject the common idea that "success" is achieved by:
• Conforming to popular beauty standards
• Going to school for 12 years and then obtaining a bachelor's degree (but really due to credential inflation, it's more like 1-2 more degrees on top of that now)
• Getting a high-paying job
• Owning a house, getting married to someone who makes an equal amount or more than you
• Having kids so they can repeat the cycle
• Finally retiring after working for most of your life

Since this is typically how "success" is viewed, I can compare myself to others and see that I am not in line with this trajectory. But I don't dwell on it, I don't care to anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Symbiote, FuneralCry, A_miStake_of_NATURE and 6 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
My way of thinking is that, beyond the basics, the things you have are a burden, so the more you have the more burdened you are. They're like a 'to do' list in a different form.
I don't want other men's things, I want their bodies & minds

• Hugs
Reactions: death137
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I don't want other men's things, I want their bodies & minds
You'll have to try and comfort yourself with the knowledge that their bodies and minds will age and fade with time like everyone else's (and their loss will likely be greater).

• Hugs
Reactions: A_miStake_of_NATURE
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
You'll have to try and comfort yourself with the knowledge that their bodies and minds will age and fade with time like everyone else's (and their loss will likely be greater).
Nope, that would be too reasonable. Not my style.

Reactions: A_miStake_of_NATURE and signifying nothing
B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
I do, I think we all do; however, the extent to which you compare yourself to others and the reasons why differ among us.

I no longer compare myself to others in order to gauge my relative 'successfulness' or social status in the hierarchy of society. I used to do this constantly but I simply no longer care.

• Going to school for 12 years and then obtaining a bachelor's degree (but really due to credential inflation, it's more like 1-2 more degrees on top of that now)
• Owning a house, getting married to someone who makes an equal amount or more than you

Since this is typically how "success" is viewed, I can compare myself to others and see that I am not in line with this trajectory. But I don't dwell on it, I don't care to anymore.
What if it's comparing to someone who has what you want but you can't get it

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Their loss will never be greater, they still got to experience and hold onto more than others can even dream of.
Like you said, everything fades for everyone..but that just means what we have and experience before that time comes-is all that's ever worth anything.
And really, the more you have, the easier it is to lose something, as it will just be one thing lost among many.

Reactions: Élégie, OpheliasFlowers and death137
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Their loss will never be greater, they still got to experience and hold onto more than others can even dream of.
Like you said, everything fades for everyone..but that just means what we have and experience before that time comes-is all that's ever worth anything.
And really, the more you have, the easier it is to lose something, as it will just be one thing lost among many.
Not how it happens.
It was just a suggestion about how you might go about thinking about things differently. Take it or leave it.

J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018

Y

Same here I no longer care. I won't be around to "care" anyway. I accept that it just wasn't meant for me in this society
Constantly. But not in some envious kinda way. I know that it's my fault I haven't accomplished anything. I know I'm not smart, I'm not beautiful, I'm not determined, no goals or hobbies even. I don't blame anyone. I just know I'm not good enough, so to speak.

same. I'm not beautiful, I'm not pretty, I have no talents, and no drives just don't care about living anymore

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sadghost
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
What if it's comparing to someone who has what you want but you can't get it
I'm able to recognize when someone else has something I would ideally like to have, but I no longer feel any sense of jealousy or envy about it because above all else, the only thing I truly want is to not exist.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, Journeytoletgo, demuic and 1 other person
nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
All the time unfortunately): I always compare myself to people who have bullied me or are morally worse than me and wonder why they are better or get it easier in life.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, Journeytoletgo, A_miStake_of_NATURE and 1 other person
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
Yeah I do compare myself. But at the same time I try to understand that this is meaningless. We all have different circumstances and differrent situations in life. Some people have it better because they were in the right place at the right time. Some were just dealt a better deck of cards. Comparing yourself to others will only make you feel worse.

Reactions: FuneralCry and Élégie
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I guess it is human nature to do that. I feel like I used to do this more when I was around other people as a teenager but I guess now I just see everything all as pointless really. It doesn't matter what others have as death just takes it all away.

Reactions: JinZhin and Beachedwhale
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I used to do it A LOT!!!!!!
What happened in the end? I just ended up feeling worse than before.

It's very difficult not to do it and social networks certainly don't help because we tend to check on them all the time.

I remember when I turned 25 and I had friends who already had cars, a beautiful gf, much more money than me, were in shape, etc.

I'm just me and I do things at my own pace.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and Beachedwhale
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
I suffer from this as well, although I don't even compare myself to concrete persons.
I know that regardless of whatever I do, there are people out there who are able to do it much better in far less time,
so why bother?

S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
All the time. I wish I could take the best traits of everyone around me and copy and paste them into myself :(

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I see others who have things I would like to have, but it's not like it bothers me very much if at all.
I've been very fortunate in lots of ways so maybe that's why.

I tend to think about big things also rather than what people have, or what I don't have in comparison.

Last edited: