Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I thought about this one. I read so many news articles where journalists made fun of his stupidity. I think the majority of people have lost their respect for him. He is a person to make jokes about now. Even right wingers have difficulty to defend him now. His own audience was not convinced by some decisions. I think the main reason for that is the way he bought Twitter. And how he handles issues there. He really ridiculed himself in front of the whole world. Though I ask myself how much of that is a media narrative one should be careful about.

I think the journalists enjoy to eviscerate all his mistakes. It is similar to Trump. It gives them a lot of attention and money. Though there is a big difference. Musk is depended on ad revenue and how his business and the stock develop. And I think the media outlets have a real influence on that. There is another thing. Musk is kind of libertarian who is in love with the free market. But compared to Trump he has way less leeway and leverage. Trump could make jokes about the German company managers when they begged him for continuing their deals. (I am not sure whether other people remember that but it was discussed in Germany a lot.) In contrast the EU threatens to ban Twitter (or X) if they don't abide European standards.

I am not sure what my personal answer is. Maybe an unpopular take but I think to be in his position you cannot be that dumb. I think many people will disagree with that. But I am myself also absolutely not convinced by the notion of a meritocracy and that our societies would work like that. Though he has invested a lot of time and dedication to build these companies. Especially Tesla seems to be kind of revolutionary. Moreover Space X and his satellite internet project are impressive. The latter one was pretty savvy to predict how important that techology will become. I read it is kind of decisive for the war in Ukraine.

I think the main problem of Musk is not his intelligence. The problem is rather his character and personality. He is a self-absorbed narcissist that thinks of himself as a genius. He has an impressive workload if it is true what the media writes. And such a workload can lead to bad decisions. Though I think in many instances it was rather megalomania which drove him to those decision. And you can easily become megalomaniac if you are the richest person on the planet. (Is he still the richest? Maybe he never really was that because noone knows what Putin really owns.)

However many plans for Twitter sound completely naive. Changing the name of Twitter to X is an horrendous idea and he really made it true. One says geniuses are often underestimated though in many instances his decisions for Twitter are stupid as fuck. He loves to be a troll and he sacrificed way too much for that. A famous German media billionare tried to convince Musk to buy Twitter and to leave the managament to this guy. I think Musk is probably surrounded by arrogant guys like him who gave him bad advices because they all live in a bubble of full of self-absorbed billionaires who overestimate their own intelligence and skills.

Reactions: fwompie, katagiri83 and Professor K
tera_forest

tera_forest

Mar 19, 2023
I agree with you. I think he's intelligent but he let his arrogance and money get to his head. I don't think a person would be able to get to his position if they were dumb.

Reactions: jar-baby, アホペンギン, Professor K and 1 other person
sammiechzxv

sammiechzxv

just a girl who's kinda sad
Aug 7, 2023
Depends on your definition of smart

H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
smart? Yes. Undoubtedly. Bro built cars rockets. And codes multiple languages.

But personality wise? Nah. He plays god where ppl should live humbly. His childish mentality makes him take stupid decisions. I've never been a fan of musk but…. It would b nice if I could b as smart as him. But idk, I'm still relatively young to a man in his 40s/50s

Arachnid_Antichrist

Arachnid_Antichrist

Probably a Philosophical Eldritch Being
Jul 2, 2023
I'm sorry but re-naming Twitter to X and making the tag like "blaze your glory" is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of 💀

Reactions: SunflowerBrains