Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Personally.. I don't care at all. Shouldn't have to reserve your feelings/thoughts because it may offend someone.

"Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right"

Words to live by.

• Love
Reactions: Mr2005, Sensei, overcomingfear and 5 others
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i used to agonize over that every single day. i'd try my hardest to appease to everyone because i was so desperate for approval.

but as i got older, i realized that i don't owe anybody anything. i don't exist for other people. i exist because my mom and dad wanted to raise a family. likewise, other people don't exist for me. they exist because two people fucked.

of course, with humans being social creatures and all that, i still care somewhat, but not as much. if i'm an asshole to one person and a saint to the next? whatever. we all end up dead.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Sensei, sadghost and 3 others
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
No.
Don't like it when someone who doesn't like you gets malicious and makes up things about you.
Of the literally only 1 or 2 people i don't like i would not make up negative things about them.

Reactions: Blue LIPS
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Yes unfortunately. I care too much and am a people pleaser.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, Deleted member 4993, PoisonedJuliet and 4 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
This. I wanna do good by everyone even if they treat me like shit.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Sprite_Geist, Mistry420 and 1 other person
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Blue LIPS and Mistry420
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020

I used to be that way but was just a stepping stone for success to most. Sometimes you get tired of helping others thrive when yourself is miserable or unsuccessful.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, donquixote42, Squiddy and 1 other person
A

AllReturnsToNothing

I'm useless
Aug 5, 2020
Far too much unfortunately. I grew up in an environment where the person I wanted to be was always to contrary to what was expected of me to the point where living up to others expectations became almost life or death. Though now that I don't have to be in that environment anymore I should, in theory, be able to shed some of those inhibitions and try to live the way I want to but I just can't for some reason. I'm always trapped worrying about what other people think about me, fully expecting them to try and murder me (which even I know is irrational) if I show any ounce of self-expression that is contrary to their expectations and beliefs. It's hell.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Blue LIPS
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I am an insecure person by nature and grew up taking everything personally, to the point of ruining relationships.

Age is a wonderful thing in the sense of being too tired to care and knowing more from experience than most people. I can't change how people feel or what they think about me so I'm probably not going to try. The insecurity is still there but I'm much more choosey about how I spend my energy. For the most part, I'd rather walk away from a potentially draining interaction with no mutually beneficial outcome than to argue for the sake of being right (or wrong).

• Hugs
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
No matter how you are, there will always be someone who dislikes you so no.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Leshen, VIBRITANNIA and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
(i love disorders this seems to be my answer for everything :meh:) it depends. sometimes no and i like those times because i feel proud and confident.and sometimes yes but during those times i have anxiety over everything.

BRAINWORMS

BRAINWORMS

dust to dust
Jul 20, 2020
Yes. Deeply. Even if I don't like them.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
Only a little. We all seek some approval. My authentic self will never please everyone and y'all can kiss my sass.

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Blue LIPS
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I used to care about validation from others, but in the recent years or so, I gave up on that idea because at the end, it didn't matter if said person liked me or not. I just live life on my own terms and as long as I can get my goals and dreams, then nothing else matters much.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Blue LIPS and BrokenLine
B

BrokenLine

Experienced
Jul 13, 2019
Sadly yes for some people, today I laughed when one was an arse then hid from me. It was somewhat pathetic.

Last edited:
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Would it make any difference to them if I did?

waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
Sometimes yes sometimes no.

Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Sometimes yes sometimes no.

It is hard sometimes when you realize you don't really fit in I suppose, but I've always felt like a lone wolf, so I just l try to stay true to numero uno.

Reactions: Sensei, Deleted member 4993, Lorntroubles and 1 other person
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Personally.. I don't care at all. Shouldn't have to reserve your feelings/thoughts because it may offend someone.

"Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right"

Words to live by.
Nope, I never. One of the few things I'm proud about myself. Never gave a fuck what people thought. Realized early on most people, even as a child realized adults were childish morons, that people are by and large morons so why would I care what they think?

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, Deleted member 4993, Skathon and 2 others
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Nope, I never. One of the few things I'm proud about myself. Never gave a fuck what people thought. Realized early on most people, even as a child realized adults were childish morons, that people are by and large morons so why would I care what they think?

I definitely get the pride feeling. I do catch shit for it sometimes, usually a workplace environment though lol. I'm a good worker, but I don't deal so well with people sometimes. Almost like a disorder like I can't not say something... yes that is a double negative.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, alexit and Lorntroubles
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
It is hard sometimes when you realize you don't really fit in I suppose, but I've always felt like a lone wolf, so I just l try to stay true to numero uno.

Yeah I think part of the pain isn't so much a specific individual disliking you although sometimes that can hurt depending who it is, but much of the pain comes from an aggregate of people disliking you. It's isolating and makes you feel like there is something inherently wrong with you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blue LIPS
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Kind of. It varies based on my mood though.

Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Yeah I think part of the pain isn't so much a specific individual disliking you although sometimes that can hurt depending who it is, but much of the pain comes from an aggregate of people disliking you. It's isolating and makes you feel like there is something inherently wrong with you.

I can relate 100% lol I'm sure it's been obvious by some of my posts? Idk.

I've been pretty much disowned by my family, but if I had to be honest... it does hurt a bit, only because I feel my mom has abandoned me during some times where I need support the most. Then they expected me to be cool when I "rose again" out of my hole... no sir.

Reactions: Lorntroubles and waterbottleman
PoisonedJuliet

PoisonedJuliet

You saucy boy!
Feb 12, 2020
Me too! It's tiring trying to give people what I think they want from me every single day. I used to create fake personalities for people based on what I thought they wanted. Pleasing people and wanting to be accepted has been a huge cause of my depression and anxiety. I completely understand what being a people pleaser is like and it is exhausting

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, sadghost, Squiddy and 1 other person
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
I used to create fake personalities for people based on what I thought they wanted.

I still do this sadly, idk or I'm that odd guy making a random suicide joke "what plans do you have man?" "Ehh might go home and kick the ol' chair out" lol the looks are priceless... but it is like an obscured silent cry in a way, I can just distance my mind from my heart, so to speak, sometimes.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: sadghost, PoisonedJuliet and Lorntroubles
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
In the words of John Mulaney... "When I walk down the street, I need everybody, all day long, to like me so much. It's exhausting. My wife said that walking around with me is like walking around with someone who's running for mayor of nothing."

• Hugs
Reactions: sadghost, PoisonedJuliet and Lorntroubles
L

Leshen

Oct 31, 2018
I don't like people, so no.

Reactions: overcomingfear, sadghost, Skathon and 1 other person
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not" - Kurt Cobain